pasted_image (resized).png
DEB5822F-950C-49C8-B1EA-D6CC0FD74F20 (resized).jpeg
20200121_172917 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_2493 (resized).jpeg
1168CCBC-2C99-4814-AFA2-40C0104EF169 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20191230-233655_Google (resized).jpg
F0B429A5-1203-467A-958D-F6218CA5E61B (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jawjaw.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#33 5 years ago
Quoted from Waxx:

Same with LotR. I got a very nice HUO for under $6k and there’s no way a new one would be less than $7200.
Not to mention all the technical problems of licensing and old electronics. It would be way less profitable than reskinning the ACDC layout again with another rock band or show from the 60s.

Agreed. I wonder how many of you calling for a Tron Vault are willing to spend premium money ($7000+) for what would basically be a pro. Lit ramps and other upgrade features would basically be the LE and don't think Stern would do that unless they charge LE money. I know Tron has it's fans but picture Tron next to a new game like Munsters in a retail shop. Tron is going to look pretty dated with photshop art, plastic ramps, red dmd, etc. I wonder how many non pinheads will choose Tron over a newer game. I imagine a lot of the pinheads that really want a Tron already have one.

#41 5 years ago
Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

Tron Vault would not command premium money. It is a very simple BOM and there would be no R&D invested. If it happens, it will be a Vault Pro at current Pro rates, which is still 1500 more than I paid for my original Tron Pro.

We are talking about the same Stern, right? BOM means nothing if Stern knows they can charge premium money.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
1 week later
#211 5 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

I own a Pro and LE. If a Vault was released, wouldn't effect me one bit (since they are both keepers).
My concern has to do with oversupply of games in general. Gorgeous TRON's are easily available. Manufacturing new games just so someone can have a brand new one is gluttonous. Unlike the old days, a large % of games built after 2000 are HUO, lightly played examples. If this weren't the case, I'd feel differently.
Stern recently reran Star Trek and got their butt handed to them...very light demand. I'm sure they will do their homework next time they do a re-run or Vault. TRON has been rerun several times and it's unlikely Stern will make business sense of doing a TRON Vault.

Gluttonous? So the world is just overflowing with cheap, pristine Tron pins and Stern would have trouble selling new ones? Seriously? I see a few in the marketplace but non under $7000 and none available for shipping. Finding one is not that easy and always easier to just order a NIB on the phone and have it delivered with warranty. If I was looking for a Tron, I would rather buy a NIB than used every day of the week if prices were similar. I do question those that expect Stern to sell an upgrade Tron vault for current pro money or less. That's not happening. However, if there are people willing to spend $7000+ on a used Tron, I don't think Stern would have a problem selling a few vaults at a premium price. A few more Trons out there is not going to crash the pin market.

How do you know Stern got their "butt handed to them" on ST vaults? They probably did a small run of them to meet demand of some distributors. It was probably very easy to do so because ST was in production not long before. ST is a great game and there are people still looking for one. Same for MET. There are plenty of them out there but demand for new ones was strong enough to where they were in production for years.

4 months later
#357 4 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I can't see any vault game happening with a DMD anymore. Just doesn't make sense now.

It's going to look so outdated sitting next to other new machines. I cannot imagine anyone new to pinball or ops choosing one with a premium price tag over the latest pro that would no doubt be cheaper. The market would be very small since a lot of people that would buy Tron already own one. I would guess only a fraction of those wanting a vault would pass up other new games and actually buy one. If Stern redid the entire game and ported it to Spike that might be something but then you run the risk of nobody liking the changes.

1 year later
#692 3 years ago
Quoted from Max_Badazz:

I don't get it ... people have been wishing for a 5th rerun or VE for many years now ...... and Stern has not done it. All that time wasted wishing for a game when a simple WTB Tron ad in the marketplace could have put a nice used one in their lineup years ago.

I'm sure there are a lot of people that would love to see Tron get remade but would not buy one. It would be on their wish list but probably buy some other new game first.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Other
12,028 (OBO)
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Other
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep
Backbox
10,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Willington, DE
$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn
Decorations
$ 8.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods
Plastics
8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Venice, FL
$ 49.99
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Interactive
Displays
Retrocity
Displays
$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting
Led
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods
Backbox
$ 26.50
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Interactive
8,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
West Long Branch, NJ
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball
Protection
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore
Protection
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus
Decals
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Disk war combatant Pre-order!
RamMods
Toys/Add-ons

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jawjaw.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tron-ve-in-2019?tu=jawjaw and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.