Topic poll

“Tron VE in 2019?”

• Yes 155 votes
    79%
  • Yes 41 votes
    21%

(196 votes)

Topic Gallery

There have been 28 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

pinsidetron (resized).png
20200220_164026 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
DEB5822F-950C-49C8-B1EA-D6CC0FD74F20 (resized).jpeg
20200121_172917 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_2493 (resized).jpeg
1168CCBC-2C99-4814-AFA2-40C0104EF169 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20191230-233655_Google (resized).jpg
F0B429A5-1203-467A-958D-F6218CA5E61B (resized).png
Stern Zeppelin.png
FB1A8FCB-C879-405A-AE54-EC591A0BDD75 (resized).jpeg
STERN PINBALL TRON VE PROMO (resized).png
89E9290F-7271-4F1B-B8E3-F26E72C0542E (resized).jpeg
maxresdefault (resized).jpg
20190610_153010 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider fattdirk.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 1 year ago

What do you guys think? Here's hoping to Tron VE in 2019!! Come on Stern - do it for us!! With factory lighted ramps.

MV5BMTk4NTk4MTk1OF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNTE2MDIwNA@@._V1_ (resized).jpg

#14 1 year ago
Quoted from Riffbear:

They can't do lighted ramps.. Thats an LE exclusive.

They can do whatever they want. They don't care about the owners lol.

#40 1 year ago
Quoted from kklank:

No.Stop making vaults altogether. How about a new original theme.

I don't get this mentality. Making a VE doesn't stop them from producing new games. It isn't one or the other. It's just giving more options. I'd say it gives them more freedom to polish the new games as they have more resources dedicated to the new games while keeping the line busy.

Quoted from Pinballer67:

There are so many TRONs out there already. A top 30 GOAT table IMO but I'm not convinced this would perform well on route. So...why? Why not focus on something new? Keep ahead of JJP etc in this time of skyrocketing competition...look at how much buzz (mostly love, some hate) Munsters has generated? That kind of new effort is great for the hobby. A remake of something that's already got tonnes out there? Meh.

People say Tron is readily available but you're getting used machines for 7k. Why not new?

Talk about buzz. Look at all the Tron VEs thread. That's buzz. I bet if Stern posted a teaser pick of a recognizer on facebook, pinside would explode with excitement.

We need more themes that appeal to the kids in their mid-30s and less of these old man themes like the Munsters.

#51 1 year ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

I thought during a press conference Stern said "no more Tron"

where is that?

#57 1 year ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Can we get a coil count here please?

Stern announced in a press conference that the new games will have a coil count limited to 8.

#58 1 year ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Also after 500 Munster LEs turned to 600 overnight..

Scandal!!

#104 1 year ago

I just don't get what Stern is waiting for. They vaulted Star Trek when noone was asking for it. People are begging for Tron.

#120 1 year ago

So out of curiosity I searched in the marketplace for a Tron. There is one listed and the asking price is 8400. So tell me, where are all these available Trons you speak of?? 7K for a pro with some dolls glued to it is absurd.

#153 1 year ago
Quoted from delt31:

Damn Rai stepping it up. You say where are the 7k trons fattdirk? There you go. Haha

I was saying a 7k tron is absurd. I rather have a NIB for 5500 is my point. I don't care about the mods.

#155 1 year ago
Quoted from Billy16:

I don't think you are gonna get a re-pop for $5500...

The BOM is so cheap prob be 4200 when counting the coils.

#158 1 year ago
Quoted from Micky:

That's not how it works unfortunately.

I thought the sarcasm was obvious.

1 week later
#209 1 year ago

I don't get this crab bucket mentality with Tron owners. It just shows that you overpaid for your 7k+ Tron by being so afraid of a new remake that will diminish the value of your used game. Which is absolutely will. Tron is a great game, but it isn't a 7k+ game. Regardless if you spent 1500 extra gluing toys to it. If I felt it was worth 7k I would've bought one but there are much better games to buy at that price range. That's why I think Stern should release a VE in a Pro or premium price point to appease buyers like myself. The market is there. Lets do this STERN!!

#210 1 year ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

I think every other pinball manufacturer combined is somewhere between 5-10% of the total pinball market for NIB machines. Suggesting that any of them are close to or will be close to 20-30% of the market any time soon seems unlikely.

I agree with this. CGC is the only real competition for Stern at this point. JJP is way overpriced and the games aren't great, Deeproot is vaporware, Spooky is homebrew. No real competition right now. Stern is the only company that produces a solid quality fun machine at a affordable price point in a timely manner.

#218 1 year ago
Quoted from Kneissl:

CGC puts out a very nice product. Last Stern I bought was ST pro and i wasn't super happy with the quality.

Well I think the issue is they put out so many more games than others you're going to see issues pop up my visibly than other manufacturers. Check the JJP threads though. Every single one comes out of the box broken. I don't know that I've seen someone pull one out and it works 100%. I own 2 CGC games and they are amazing quality. No issues.

#249 1 year ago
Quoted from athenspin:

Lol, come on now, the toys on my Trons playfield are held in place by double sided tape!!

1 week later
#279 1 year ago

Man the thought of Tron 82 really excites me.

3 months later
#328 9 months ago
Quoted from Dkjimbo:

They couldn’t sell 600 Musters LE, they couldn’t sell out BKSOR LE either.

Munsters is an awful outdated theme. I haven't played it enough to judge how fun it is so u won't jump on the code hate train. Bksor LE is a miss because they didn't give enough to justify the premium for an LE. I really think Tron would sell just because the theme is arcade related and relevant to most collectors. Plus it's a super fun machine.

2 weeks later
#370 9 months ago
Quoted from ahdelarge:

Six months of 2019 left....I think it's time for someone to create a new thread? haha

Let's not lose hope!! The year is only half over.

4 months later
#382 4 months ago

2019 apparently was a bust for Tron VE - Here's to 2020!! Long live Tron VE!!

#385 4 months ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

With all the other great games that have been released in the past few years or are in the works, a TRON VE has really dropped down on my wishlist.
Stern would really need to make it special for me to get excited about one again.

I'd like it as a reskinned hand drawn art similar to the Star Wars comic except not as shitty looking.

#387 4 months ago
Quoted from rai:

SW is not shitty looking.

You are welcome to have an incorrect opinion.

1 month later
#411 3 months ago

Hmmm...

STERN PINBALL TRON VE PROMO (resized).png
#416 3 months ago

It was on Facebook.

#429 3 months ago

It was in my news feed. I couldn't find it again.

#448 3 months ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Zero reliability. These whiney bitches haven’t shut up about it for about 7 years...they’re still trying to will it into existence instead of just going out and getting a real one that exists.

Not everyone enjoys sloppy seconds like you. I like to be the first to plunge my balls on any table.

#476 3 months ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

And you’re hung up on never understanding what I mean. Display art direction doesn’t mean it has to look like Pixar. Hence, I prefer great dots to shitty HD CG.

I agree with you. I think my main issue with the video is how they just phoned it in on games like gotg. It is literally just overdubbed movie clips that have zero integration into the gameplay. I prefer dots.over that. Like Star trek is a great example where they used cartoon art and had some custom scenes that interact perfect with the machine. I think they nailed it with Deadpool though. I love the throwback 16 bit style. It all fits together.

2 weeks later
#495 71 days ago
Quoted from chooch:

Not sure who modded the one you got of delt31 but they clearly didn't know how to install the ramp lights leaving that much of gap at the ends [quoted image]

Ooffff

#500 71 days ago
Quoted from Frax:

I was just catching up on this thread, and this might be the funniest damn flex I've seen in a while. LOL.
Tron is not hard. Even when it's set up hard, clean and waxed...new disc rubber...it's not THAT bad. I literally got to Portal 30+ times in the time that I owned it, and the first two times were on location. Also had one game with the three-peat, and several double portal games, as well as multiple "No SOS" games. It's just......not.

I agree - Tron is easy AF.

Now try getting to the Keefer invitational - that's a challenge.

#502 71 days ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

The music and call outs in Daft Punk mb is what makes it so great. The aftermarket el wire that I see on the modified pros does not look nearly as good as the LE stock wire. Not to mention it doesn’t sync up with the modes like the LE does.

LE effects blow away a modded pro. It's a distinct difference. I don't know why anyone is saying it's not.

1 month later
#592 22 days ago
Quoted from kklank:

Hey Stern, I don’t like the fact that a Tron is so expensive. Will you make some new ones please!! Waaaaaaahhhhhhhh.
Go buy one that’s up for sale and quit this nonsense.

How about you go eat a dk?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
€ 95.00
Lighting - Led
FlipperLED
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider fattdirk.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside