pasted_image (resized).png
DEB5822F-950C-49C8-B1EA-D6CC0FD74F20 (resized).jpeg
20200121_172917 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_2493 (resized).jpeg
1168CCBC-2C99-4814-AFA2-40C0104EF169 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20191230-233655_Google (resized).jpg
F0B429A5-1203-467A-958D-F6218CA5E61B (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bojo.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#176 5 years ago

If they release to coincide with the ride at Disney it wouldn't make sense to do throw back art. Neither would using the sounds/music from Legacy which is one of my favorite parts of the game.

#241 5 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Universal Studios has a Waterworld attraction, FFS...theme parks are different than consumer products.

Can't wait for Waterworld VE. I'll wait till next year to start a thread.

4 months later
#361 4 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Not all TRON's are heavily modded. Like most pinball hunts, may take some patience (and compromise).

They exist. My LE is bone stock with the exception of cliffys. Has less then 100 plays and still has the original code since it's spent most of its life in storage. I have mods for it but haven't installed them yet so technically it's unmoded (for now).

#364 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

But why? Seems like you're just keeping it in a time capsule instead of playing it. That's some extreme discipline.

When I remodeled my gameroom I couldn't have them in there with all the work being done. It took a while to finish the room and I've been slowly putting them back but it ends up I had more games then space which is why I recently sold a few. Luckily I got places like PinballPA and Helicon close by to enjoy games at while I'm still finishing up otherwise it would have taken a lot of discipline. I'm in the middle of a TZ teardown so when I do get some free time it's usually spent working on that so I can get it finished and back in the lineup.

6 months later
#423 4 years ago

The daft punk music in Tron is one of my favorite parts and that really does not fit with the original tron movie. If they make one based on the original Tron I would imagine it's like Spiderman VE where they basically change everything (art, music, callouts, animations, etc). While I know the nostalgia is there from the original movie I would need to see the complete package before considering it better then the original.

#427 4 years ago
Quoted from BradKreisler:Going to be funny with no lit ramps and that great stern pf quality control

I've owned a lot of Sterns and the playfield on my Tron LE had one the nicest clearcoats for a Stern. It was thicker then the Pro so it was nice and smooth and you didn't see the wood grain showing through like most Stern's from that time period. However it wasn't too think like some of the recent Sterns that pool and chip. So it will be interesting to see how the PF compares to the original if it ever happens.

Quoted from PinballTilt:

This is exciting! I wouldn't worry about the lit ramps, literally $50 at adafruit and you can add them yourself. A game I have always wanted, hopefully supply lowers demand and prices become more reasonable.

It's not just "lit ramps" that makes them great on the LE it's also how they are coordinated with the code. The aftermarket lighted ramp mods are nice and they do a very good job but never seemed integrated as cleanly as the Stern ones since they were not built into the code.

2 months later
#571 4 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

And what exactly is an updated Tron VE going to have over a used and modded HUO Tron (besides a PF of questionnable quality)?

Depends. If they go the Spider-Man vault route it could have a lot of changes and if they go the AC/DC vault route then not many changes at all. Since they never technically made a premium they have a lot of options (I say technically because I know the box on the LE was stamped premium). I think an overhaul like SM would be the way to go because if it's just more of what already exists then people won't be as excited. The only thing I can guarantee is IF it does happen it will be expensive as fu*k considering the price of the most recent IMVE.

1 week later
#573 4 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

And yet SM Vault despite the cartoon based theme and a few minor enhancements is still the same game as the origina

And yet SM vault is preferred many and killed the price of originals and the BSM. I'm all about originals and haven't purchased a NIB in a long time due to their recent quality issues. Personally I hated the SMVE but I am clearly in the minority because if the masses preferred orginal the prices would not have dropped so drastically.

Look at Ironman. While I prefer originals if everyone else did as well then they would demand more money then the VE. People like NIB and having something new to unbox. Slap new art work on it and these NIB Newbies will be tripping over themselves to get one.

4 months later
#624 3 years ago
Quoted from Cobray:

the Tron vault has to happen. it would probably outsell TMNT Pro's just as a vault.

It will happen and Stern will not leave money on the table when the BOM is so cheap for this game. The question is will it be a vault like Iron man with minor changes or will it be an overhaul like Spider-man.

I think an overhaul would sell more since current owners might want to sell their old tron get one. I would not base it on the original movie because then you cannot use the soundtrack from Tron Legacy with daft punk which is one of the best parts of the game. New hand drawn PF art, a LCD display, foil cabinet decals, and some aspects from the LE like the lighted ramps will sell a shit ton as a Tron Premium Vault.

#628 3 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

And if they added all those goodies, they would call it a "Super LE" and the price tag would be ~10k. No free lunch with Stern, unfortunately...

I never said it would be cheap and considering they charge $600 for a JP topper who knows what they would price it at. It obviously depends what they add and Spiderman VE wasn't crazy expensive considering it had all new artwork and callouts. Even the recent run of IMVE was in the mid 5k range and comparable to the pro's. I just can't imagine this being a hard license to get again and the only toys are a spinning disk and motorized bank of targets.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Disk war combatant Pre-order!
RamMods

$ 6.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
PFX Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 8.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 350.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 14.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

Trade
$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 99.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

$ 109.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

10,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Willington, DE
8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Venice, FL
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bojo.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tron-ve-in-2019?tu=bojo and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.