pasted_image (resized).png
DEB5822F-950C-49C8-B1EA-D6CC0FD74F20 (resized).jpeg
20200121_172917 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_2493 (resized).jpeg
1168CCBC-2C99-4814-AFA2-40C0104EF169 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20191230-233655_Google (resized).jpg
F0B429A5-1203-467A-958D-F6218CA5E61B (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Goronic.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#66 5 years ago

TRON VE threads amuse me. The run hot and people get excited and hopeful. Then people come to in and try to cool it off by saying people really don’t want it because you can find one now, or people won’t pay 7k for a vault.

When I checked last year TRON is the most requested by search results in thread followed by LOTR.

I would/will by a TRON VE at up to 8k with an lcd.

#71 5 years ago
Quoted from pcprogrammer:

Agreed. We're told there are enough of them but are asked to pay 7K or higher for a used Pro? If I'm going to spend 7K I'd rather just put it towards a brand new one.

Fuckin A

#99 5 years ago
Quoted from chooch:

People expect a Tron VE with LE features for Ironman vault prices.

No, they want a TRON VE and will pay premium prices. Stern knows if they make a badass TRON vault it will do very very well. People should know by now that Stern isn't going to just run a TRON Pro and charge 5500. Those days are gone.

#100 5 years ago

Also, IF stern does a TRON vault most people won't care about the original LE model...

#108 5 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Such a petty comment...TRON LE rocks, no matter how much you'd like to see it be diminished!

TRON LE is in my top 3 favorite pins.

#109 5 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Such a petty comment...TRON LE rocks, no matter how much you'd like to see it be diminished!

Maybe this will clear it up. My other favorite pin is MB. Now that the MBr is out I would rather get the MBr and have no interest in getting the original at all.

#116 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

No LCD with video clips?
Then don't bother

Pretty much dead on Ice

#141 5 years ago

For the most part the people that say we don’t need a TRON vault are owners of it already. Yes, YOU don’t want the vault - you already own it - however some very much do. After MMr, AFMr, MBr, and several vaults done already you can see why TRON pin fans (that don’t have it) are excited for a vault version of TRON. Why try and stomp out that enthusiasm after the remake and vault history we have seen so far?

#143 5 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

....and a remake would allow another batch of ramps to be made.....

Good point ... and maybe extra higher res play fields - whatever it takes man.

#148 5 years ago
Quoted from stretch2:

Don’t think that will be the case but you are entitled to your opinion even if it is wrong...

You may be wrong for all I know, but you may be right

1 week later
#167 5 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

For all the VE dreamers, here is a nicely modded Pro to consider

You may say I'm a dreamer
But I'm not the only one....

-John L

#172 5 years ago
Quoted from mrm_4:

I thought it was just
"You may say that I'm a dreamer...
But I'm not."

Uh...nope

#175 5 years ago
Quoted from megadeth2600:

1> In all likelihood, it will have the retro-Tron artwork.

I hope not - but will reserve judgement until I see it

#190 5 years ago

I honestly am fine if Stern vaults anything. ACDC? Sure. SpiderMan? OK. Star Trek? A bit too soon I guess, but sure go for it. TRON or LOTR? Awesome. They can vault whatever and I would not say 'No' or say it should NOT be done.

Can some one that does not want the TRON vault tell me why it is so bad? The ones I have seen are:

1. You don't need a vault you can find one now? That's how I did it.
Then why did we see the other vaults, and the success of the remakes. For the record I love the remakes too.

2. It is gluttonous to have more TRONs in the market.
Ok, not going even address this one -jeez.

3. It takes up line space for others to be made.
I can understand this one, but I don't think it should be a reason to stop a vault from being made.

I would think current owners would care less about the vault since they already own it. If that is the case I would think they would have the 'who cares' instead of the 'No' answer. I also don't think it is the worry over the value of their current pin. At least, I don't think so. Anyone that opposes TRON vault want to give a reason why they feel that way? Other than #1?

Any others?

#193 5 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Hope for your loaded Tron VE, fresh to your door for $5500.00.....zero problems from me on that.....maybe it happens, probably not.

Very few are expecting 5500 vaults I would think. I too hope we get a TRON vault for other pinheads that don't have it, and like you also think it probably won't happen

#195 5 years ago
Quoted from jkleinnd:

Well, Stern is certainly happy to see this thread come up quarterly, although I doubt they view it as market research.
In answer to Goronic's challenge, I can't come up with any "other" reasons not to vault the Pro's, but I would think that vaulting an LE would be the end of the LE's.

Agree. The TRON vault should not - will not - be a rerun of the LE. The vault version will be different for sure, how much who knows.

#199 5 years ago

One thing is for sure. TRON vault is undoubtedly by far the most requested vault by pinside. Countless threads, over years and years. To the point of being saturated with 'beating a dead horse' gifs and the like. It has been, and continues to be, THE vault that is practically begged for by pinsiders.

The other frequent pin request that is a distant second is Jaws. And for the life of me I am amazed that Stern has made neither. Almost funny how stern isn't making them.

#225 5 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Possibilities:
1. Demand isn't as high as Pinside thinks it is.
2. Licensing issues:
a. Disney doesn't care enough about the license to bother with it.
b. Re-licensing the Daft Punk music is too expensive for a low run Vault.
c. Re-negotiating actor likenesses might be too expensive/difficult for a low run Vault.

1. Unlikely
2. Possibly

or

3. Pure speculation: It is being developed now and will be announced soon'ish'

#227 5 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Why are you talking about that like it's a fact? That's never been confirmed by the reliable rumor mill.

Not a fact at all - just a possibility is all.

I have zero evidence of a TRON or any other vault.

My point is - you gave 2 possible reasons (effectively) for why Stern hasn't done it.

1. Not enough interest in TRON vault
2. Can't secure licenses

I added a 3rd. The reason it hasn't came out is that they are still/currently working on it.

I will edit my former post to avoid confusion.

#229 5 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

If Disney did not care about TRON, why would they be building a brand new TRON ride that opens in 2021 ???
Yeah.

Not only that - they are promoting the TRON rides opening to celebrate Walt Disney Worlds 50th anniversary. Makes me think 2021 may be the vault year - and not this year (or next). So again, it may be quite a bit longer wait for TRON VE hopefuls.

#233 5 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Cuz rides are cool? Universal Studios has a Waterworld attraction, FFS...theme parks are different than consumer products.
Tron 3 canceled.
Tron Uprising canceled.
They've given up on making it an ongoing thing.

My understanding is that the main reason for TRON 3 cancel was due to the Marvel Universe movies getting all the love and focus.
TRON uprising - have no idea - I don't even watch that show (even though I have seen 1 or 2 episodes). I couldn't get into it.

You may be right and Disney doesn't care for TRON as much - but would they reject a license for pinball due to that? They seem to be OK with it enough to poor millions into building the ride. So who knows...

Maybe they are selective. For pinball and amusement park rides it is cool - for movies and TV shows not so much.

#234 5 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

They are using TRON because it's 'future-y' - not because it's TRON.

They own the license - and it is well known (maybe not super popular) - so why not use it

#239 5 years ago

It may be a dead license - but I am still excited to see and ride it. It looks amazing - especially lit up at night!

https://www.shanghaidisneyresort.com/en/attractions/tron-lightcycle-power-run/?CMP=ILC-DPFY19Q1wo1101180001A

#243 5 years ago
Quoted from BoJo:

Can't wait for Waterworld VE. I'll wait till next year to start a thread.

Why wait

#253 5 years ago

I don't mind buying used at all - however I would prefer new. But I am fairly new to the hobby. I am only going to get 3 pins. I am gainfully employed but I don't have a LOT of extra money for pins - and with my love of reefing, bourbon, and poker I manage to burn quite a few bucks each month. That said, I still save up for pinball machines. I am close to having enough set aside for pinball machine #2. Right now I am leaning toward MBr this summer. Then it will be a couple of years before getting the next one. If TRON VE comes out before then I will get it. If not, TRON VE will be #3. If TRON VE still isn't out I will look at the new pins and pick from them. I am very interested in JJP Toy Story if they make that. There are tons of good machines out there - so I don't worry too much about the TRON VE. IF they make it I will get it - if not I will get something else that I like. No biggie....

#259 5 years ago
Quoted from desertT1:

Will they VE the LE? No. But, don't be shocked (if it actually gets made) if they put on some ramp lights and another mod or two and charge a price similar to their premium model.

I brought up that the TRON VE may be a better version of TRON than the TRON LE - and people may very well prefer the Vault version more than the LE. And people got pissed as hell at me about it.

IN MY OPINION, for the most part people that own TRON (especially the LE) don't want a VE. Really seem to loath the idea. There are some exceptions - thank God.

#271 5 years ago

Agree - If TRON VE is made my bet is that it would have an LCD. May not of course...just my guess.

1 month later
#287 5 years ago

Code can be ported to other systems, even different languages. If you have the source code you are in very good shape to port it - and you don't need emulation (unless you want to go that route). I am in software development - happens all the time. They aren't 'stuck' on past platforms for VEs unless they want to be.

2 months later
#347 4 years ago
Quoted from RustyLizard:

My only worry is they will waste their resources and a VE spot on LOTR.

It wouldn't surprise me if they did a LOTR VE (remake?) at all as that is one of Sterns best of all time. That said, TRON VE makes a lot of sense to vault (a ton of sense)

1 month later
#376 4 years ago

I’ve lost hope for 2019. Stern has their hands full already this year. Maybe next year....or the next...

3 months later
#390 4 years ago

2 points

1. I think Stern will continue to do vaults in the future
2. TRON is an excellent vault choice due to its popularity

so I think you will see a TRON vault one day.

#392 4 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

If Stern released a new game as shallow as Tron in 2020 they'd be crucified. I mean, Munsters has more depth. Sure, Tron has everything else going for it, and is fun despite wood-chopping shallow code, but still. I'd rather they spend time making more awesome games like JP2 in 2020.

But people don't expect 'like the new games' they are expecting a vault. Tron gameplay is fine the way it is - just like Monster Bash.

#396 4 years ago
Quoted from hoby1:

It’s 2/3k in mods that make it such a beautiful game.

I think Stern knows this and will have to put a few cosmetic enhancements on the vault - what they are is anyone's guess.

2 months later
#512 4 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Zero reliability. These whiney bitches haven’t shut up about it for about 7 years...they’re still trying to will it into existence instead of just going out and getting a real one that exists.

Guilty. I want a TRON vault please, and thanks!

1 month later
#520 4 years ago
Quoted from Sako-TRG:

Alas, I’m now of the opinion this is never going to happen, not in my lifetime

I am ALMOST there - but then I think it makes too much sense to create a TRON Vault that I go right back to expecting it again.

#523 4 years ago
Quoted from woody24:

Speaking of Tron. I got a new record player for Christmas this year and thought I would be able to walk into a store and buy the Tron Legacy soundtrack on vinyl. Oh no. Not at all. They are going for $100+ on ebay. They need to re-release that as a VE.

WOW

I am getting back into Vinyl myself and didn't even think about the TRON Legacy soundtrack on vinyl. I typically only get Vinyl from when the only medium available was vinyl and it was pressed from actual master tapes used in the recording process. So I get vinyl from about 1980 and before. So I have Pink Floyd, Boston debut, Eagles, Van Halen debut, Beatles, etc. - for the most part 60s and 70s rock. With a few Christmas and country albums here and there.

DEB5822F-950C-49C8-B1EA-D6CC0FD74F20 (resized).jpegDEB5822F-950C-49C8-B1EA-D6CC0FD74F20 (resized).jpeg
#525 4 years ago
Quoted from Max_Badazz:

People waiting 7+ years for the so called "Tron remake/VE/old movie artwork"
[quoted image]
I'd love to see one made, mostly to get rid of these threads

Hopefully it will be worth the wait. And don't worry, there are plenty of pins and other things to burn money on while we wait

#541 4 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

They have mainstream NIBNEWB appeal. Tron has always been niche & appeals specifically to retro arcade people.

Pinball itself is very niche. TRON is a well known title in pinball and insiders alone would garner several sales for Stern. Coinciding the TRON Vault with the ride opening would be just the amount of exposure (coupled with existing pinball enthusiast) to make the production of TRON VE worth while for Stern.

#546 4 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Tron pinball already sold on the strengths of being a great game to the pin scene & on the niche strengths of the theme to the arcade collectors.

We can agree to disagree.

Like we have for the last 4 years on this topic ...

#549 4 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Disagree on what? There’s still no Tron Vault. If it was such an obvious hot theme money maker easy license, you’d have your NIB Tron: Cratered Playfield Edition.

Disagree on Vault or No Vault - and you are winning

Also, yeah...if they actually do make a TRON VE I will be very concerned with the PF. Well, I will be concerned no matter what they do at this point.

#552 4 years ago

And yet both you and Rare Hero have a TRON pinball machine...Maybe others would like to see TRON get a VE, we can certainly pay for a used (that was more than NIB) if we like. My point is that I would like to get an updated TRON.

But that is up to Stern and not me (us) - and I think it is not just limited to a very small group of people.

#555 4 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

It’s just bizarre to see some people so convinced it will happen, that the logic about why it hasn’t and probably won’t is just so easily dismissed.

I don't easily dismiss it at all...in fact the longer it goes they don't create it the more likely they never will. I think they have a window of about a year or so to do it or not. Then I think the shelf life really has ran out.

Right now I am most excited about R&M

#557 4 years ago
Quoted from Fytr:

Tron is a fun game, no doubt, but in the current pinball market I just don't see a large number of buyers at the price point it would be, for what is now a dated SAM game with few DMD animations, simple rules, etc.

The remakes have shown that a well integrated theme and simple rules work. Now TRON is no MB or MM but it isn't too bad, and I think has a good shot as a vault candidate. It very well may not happen, and that is OK, it would be nice though

1 week later
#570 4 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

And what exactly is an updated Tron VE going to have over a used and modded HUO Tron (besides a PF of questionnable quality)?

At a minimum I would expect higher res decals on cabinet and higher res play field. The home run will be the new lcd based stern cabinet, the movie assets instead of dots, improved bit rate on sound, etc.

1 week later
#594 4 years ago

I think there is a lot of demand for this title as a vault, and I think stern does as well. OP: would you add a poll to see how many would likely buy a TRON Vault if it is created?

I would like to know what that number would be. I could create a survey, but I don't want to create yet another TRON vault thread because there are so many already - and it has been requested more than any other pin for a vault by far.

#596 4 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

If so,
-TRON ve (rerelease at current pro and premium pricing)
-TRON (same thing, only premium models and pricing available)
-TRON ve (same game. New art package. Pro)
-TRON ve (same game. New art package. Premium)
-TRON ve (lcd screen with movie clip) (I've heard they have the rights to these)
-TRON ve (original movie retheme with lcd)
And on and on and on lol.
There are lots of different types of folks hoping for a Tron ve. I'm in the camp of hoping to see an 80s TRON machine but not holding my breath.

It is going to be interesting which Stern goes with if they do a TRON vault.

#603 4 years ago

Well hell. I would like to have seen it. I think with good writing the TRON universe could still be a hit even today. But, apparently Disney is having a hard time revitalizing it's TRON universe.

3 months later
#615 3 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Totally disagree. The only modern Stern that beats TRON is JP2 (along with every other pinball ever made
I agree the ruleset is limited and Portal MB is "meh", but it's vibe and adrenaline rush are just perfect. My wildly modded Pro and LE still get plenty of play.
I have a Star Wars LE that (as you likely know) has a crazy ruleset, however I have no idea what the hell is going on. The ruleset "works" if you play if a lot, however walking up to it after weeks/months makes me feel stupid That's why JP2 is so great...the ruleset is deep/cool and it's just easy to know what's going on.

Agree. If I could have any pinball that stern has ever made I would select a TRON LE easy. And I have played almost them all, even the new ones. Why there isn't a TRON vault is unbelievable, but at this point I am not expecting it. If they make a TRON vault I will buy it, if not I won't. There will be other pins to buy, so I guess it's fine either way. But to me TRON and LOTR are the best so far from Stern.

1 month later
2 weeks later
#643 3 years ago
Quoted from Saltimbanco:

Thinking a VE will happen in 2022, pushing into 2023..

Your reasoning for this?

#653 3 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

Hahah, how could you do tron without gem and quorra

I don't think you have to do Gem and Quorra - but I sure would! (giggity)

1 week later
#657 3 years ago
Quoted from ahdelarge:

I'd be happy with the original Tron layout, foil cabinet decals, new cabinet and LCD display. That's my wish!

I agree. IF they vault it I would like an updated TRON Legacy pin.

And I doubt 2020 is the year...

#682 3 years ago

I don’t think stern would need money down to vault TRON, or I would pay in full right now. So I’ll just wait...

1 week later
#693 3 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

I'm sure there are a lot of people that would love to see Tron get remade but would not buy one. It would be on their wish list but probably buy some other new game first.

Not me...I'll get one for sure - unless they completely F it up

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Venice, FL
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 6.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

10,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Willington, DE
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 99.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

Trade
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
PFX Pinball Mods

$ 14.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Disk war combatant Pre-order!
RamMods

$ 350.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Reno, NV
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 8.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 109.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Goronic.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tron-ve-in-2019?tu=Goronic and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.