pasted_image (resized).png
DEB5822F-950C-49C8-B1EA-D6CC0FD74F20 (resized).jpeg
20200121_172917 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_2493 (resized).jpeg
1168CCBC-2C99-4814-AFA2-40C0104EF169 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20191230-233655_Google (resized).jpg
F0B429A5-1203-467A-958D-F6218CA5E61B (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Aurich.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#339 4 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

All of this is true except for the "reasonable prices" part. TRONs are pretty damn pricey to me.

And guess what? If there's a remake it's gonna be just as much money. I mean, that's just reality.

I personally doubt they're ever gonna vault it. I think the demand is some Pinside people sad they don't have one, and that's about it. Who knows. But this has been a rumor/fantasy for literally years, at a certain point get over it and buy a used one if you really want it.

But let's pretend they do. What are you really expecting? You know why the used ones are pricey? Because they're modded with the cool shit that are 'must haves'. Like fiber optic ramp lights, and the little working OLED arcade cab.

A vault either doesn't have that stuff, or, in this fantasy land where they add it all, it's expensive. I think it's pure fantasy, they're not gonna do LE features on a vault just to sell a few hundred games and risk making LEs look like they're not actually limited. But if they did, they'd sure as shit charge you for it.

So no matter what if you want a Tron with the stuff you're gonna pay. There's no scenario where Stern makes you a cheaper game. Pros are approaching $6k already. A fantasy Tron where they port it to Spike 2 from SAM and add an LCD and new graphics and fiber optic ramp lights? They're charging you a premium price, so open your wallet.

#345 4 years ago
Quoted from RustyLizard:

Not sure why people wanting this irritates people who don't so much.

I'm not irritated at all, but it is kinda tiresome to keep talking about it for years and years. The chances of them doing are going down, not up. Any DMD game getting a vault in this new LCD age seems somewhat iffy now.

I have a Tron, I'm clearly not the target market here, "I've got mine". But I got it by waiting until one came up, and then paying the asking price for it. Like almost every other pin on the market. Everything doesn't have to appear new in box on your doorstep in this hobby.

#352 4 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

I’m not so sure Stern hasn’t let the window of opportunity pass by on the Tron VE. Two years ago I think it would have sold just fine, but I think the NIB market today wants games with the new display. I don’t know, I keep going back and forth on this.

People will say "just redo it for LCD", and that probably means moving the game over to Spike 2, and doing a whole new high rez asset package. Maybe it's worth it, I dunno, I have zero insight into what that would cost. I can tell you roughly what the LCD work would be, not insurmountable, but not bang out in a week either. Porting to Spike 2 I have no idea.

But if I was Stern I'd probably rather put all that time and effort into a new game, and not something that already has a certain level of collector saturation. Something like Iron Man where it's just upgrade some decals made sense. But that's low effort next to redoing an LCD.

I can't see any vault game happening with a DMD anymore. Just doesn't make sense now.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Venice, FL
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 6.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

10,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Willington, DE
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 99.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

Trade
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
PFX Pinball Mods

$ 14.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Disk war combatant Pre-order!
RamMods

$ 350.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Reno, NV
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 8.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 109.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Aurich.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tron-ve-in-2019?tu=Aurich and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.