pasted_image (resized).png
DEB5822F-950C-49C8-B1EA-D6CC0FD74F20 (resized).jpeg
20200121_172917 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_2493 (resized).jpeg
1168CCBC-2C99-4814-AFA2-40C0104EF169 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20191230-233655_Google (resized).jpg
F0B429A5-1203-467A-958D-F6218CA5E61B (resized).png
There are 707 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 15.
#1 5 years ago

What do you guys think? Here's hoping to Tron VE in 2019!! Come on Stern - do it for us!! With factory lighted ramps.

MV5BMTk4NTk4MTk1OF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNTE2MDIwNA@@._V1_ (resized).jpgMV5BMTk4NTk4MTk1OF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNTE2MDIwNA@@._V1_ (resized).jpg

#2 5 years ago

YES! PLEASE..........

#3 5 years ago

i'd be in. And I actually heard some chatter one this topic....

#4 5 years ago

I’m down, how did/does it perform on route? I assume thats one of the big factors stern would look at for bringing it back.

#5 5 years ago

Sterns most requested vault.. Tron

2nd most requested.. TSPP

I sincerely hope Stern make both of them!

#6 5 years ago

They can't do lighted ramps.. Thats an LE exclusive.

#7 5 years ago

Damn, clicked the wrong yes...hope stern remakes it anyway

#8 5 years ago

No.Stop making vaults altogether. How about a new original theme.

#9 5 years ago

cant see the love for this game, had one for a few months, only pin I ever owned I couldn't wait to sell after 3 weeks.

#10 5 years ago
Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

cant see the love for this game, had one for a few months, only pin I ever owned I couldn't wait to sell after 3 weeks.

You are dead to me

#11 5 years ago
Quoted from Riffbear:

They can do whatever they want if they really wanted to...

#12 5 years ago

Finally the tron premium will get made lol

#13 5 years ago

L.O.L
zomg; this again?
Don't get me wrong; I'll pray for you guys tonight before bed. ;D

I'd consider a Tron Pro VE... but only if its the original SAM and not overpriced gouging.

#14 5 years ago
Quoted from Riffbear:

They can do whatever they want. They don't care about the owners lol.

#15 5 years ago

I think if they do a vault, it needs to be modernized.

LCD?

More dynamic scoring?

#16 5 years ago

They can and will if it gets remake ..... they just won’t put out any more LEs

#17 5 years ago

TRON is a masterpiece...no need for an LCD and the scoring & rules are awesome. I recently picked up an LE and have owned a Pro for many years.

Stern did 3 runs IIRC. Not difficult to find Pro's or LE's, so a Vault is just a way for someone to get a NIB pin (which is just silly). Plenty of great examples in the market today. If you want a TRON, it's not difficult to find one! PLEASE.

#18 5 years ago

It’s not finding one it’s the $$$$. Everyone said there would be no AC/DC.

Guess what it was made and in a Luci

Lotr or Tron would be the next most logical remake.

#19 5 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

TRON is a masterpiece...no need for an LCD and the scoring & rules are awesome. I recently picked up an LE and have owned a Pro for many years.
Stern did 3 runs IIRC. Not difficult to find Pro's or LE's, so a Vault is just a way for someone to get a NIB pin (which is just silly). Plenty of great examples in the market today. If you want a TRON, it's not difficult to find one! PLEASE.

Masterpiece - no. Very straight forward that results in you playing the same way each time.

Amazing game that is one of sterns best - definitely.

I think the vault brings the inflated used market back to reality which people would like.

#20 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Masterpiece - no. Very straight forward that results in you playing the same way each time.
Amazing game that is one of sterns best - definitely.
I think the vault brings the inflated used market back to reality which people would like.

If you agree TRON is amazing and one of Sterns best...I don't see why it's not a (Stern) masterpiece. There are many ways to play it.

People looking to flood the market with games that *have already been re-run multiple times* are short-sighted and naive about the long-term effects. Don't get me wrong, some games are worthy of being vaulted, however LOTR and TRON are not in short supply. Again, I recently picked up a TRON LE at a fair/reasonable price (considering heavily modded Pro's are going for 7-8k). If Stern did a nice TRON vault, it would sell for 7-8k. Don't see the price savings. In most cases, the sellers aren't making much money...the TRON mods are costly (easy to spend 2k).

#21 5 years ago

Another year goes by.. maybe? I think we talked about this the past 5 years, maybe more.

#22 5 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Don't get me wrong, some games are worthy of being vaulted, however LOTR and TRON are not in short supply.

That didn't stop Stern from vaulting Star Trek, no one was looking for that one.

Lately Stern has seems to have moved to two different types of vaults: one that is 100% identical to the original, and one that is "improved". If they do produce a TRON vault, which one will it be??

#23 5 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

If you agree TRON is amazing and one of Sterns best...I don't see why it's not a (Stern) masterpiece. There are many ways to play it.
People looking to flood the market with games that *have already been re-run multiple times* are short-sighted and naive about the long-term effects. Don't get me wrong, some games are worthy of being vaulted, however LOTR and TRON are not in short supply. Again, I recently picked up a TRON LE at a fair/reasonable price (considering heavily modded Pro's are going for 7-8k). If Stern did a nice TRON vault, it would sell for 7-8k. Don't see the price savings. In most cases, the sellers aren't making much money...the TRON mods are costly (easy to spend 2k).

yeah that's a good point. Stern wouldn't release vault for under 7 at this point.

#24 5 years ago

I would be interested if they brighten the game up by adding the fiber optic lights on the ramp and more of a cooler light show because tron legacy is one of my favorite movies it's so bright with a great light show in the movie. When i play a normal tron pro it usually looks dark with no cool light show. I would also love for a new play field art package i'm doubtful that would happen though if it even gets made but it would be nice.

#25 5 years ago

I am a huge fan of tron. I could own tron and nothing else no problem.

I would like to see a vault. If not it is the secondary market.

It was impressive.

#26 5 years ago
Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

With ya. I've played it over the years on locations and just never could get into it.

#27 5 years ago

I would rather see Simpsons or LOTR...

#28 5 years ago
Quoted from Blacksun:

I would rather see Simpsons or LOTR...

Just curious.... Why Simpsons? Easily obtainable, price is still very reasonable, etc

#29 5 years ago

Hoping the VE will have Daft Punk multiball mode. I can add light rails and anything else. Its the only pinball machine I really regret selling.

#30 5 years ago

From all the machines I had, this is one that is still high on my radar

Yes for a vault with fiber optics on the ramps. No if it's the premium price.

#31 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Just curious.... Why Simpsons? Easily obtainable, price is still very reasonable, etc

Same with LotR. I got a very nice HUO for under $6k and there’s no way a new one would be less than $7200.

Not to mention all the technical problems of licensing and old electronics. It would be way less profitable than reskinning the ACDC layout again with another rock band or show from the 60s.

#32 5 years ago

There are so many TRONs out there already. A top 30 GOAT table IMO but I'm not convinced this would perform well on route. So...why? Why not focus on something new? Keep ahead of JJP etc in this time of skyrocketing competition...look at how much buzz (mostly love, some hate) Munsters has generated? That kind of new effort is great for the hobby. A remake of something that's already got tonnes out there? Meh.

Instead, for example, why not have Borg do a Blade Runner pin (would appeal to our aging demographic) and try to come up with something innovative in layout, a new original tweak to the PF, cool code, etc.?

It's a time of coming oversaturation, Stern needs to stay ahead of the curve, not microwaving a title that's not even currently a popular IP.

just my 0.02

#33 5 years ago
Quoted from Waxx:

Same with LotR. I got a very nice HUO for under $6k and there’s no way a new one would be less than $7200.
Not to mention all the technical problems of licensing and old electronics. It would be way less profitable than reskinning the ACDC layout again with another rock band or show from the 60s.

Agreed. I wonder how many of you calling for a Tron Vault are willing to spend premium money ($7000+) for what would basically be a pro. Lit ramps and other upgrade features would basically be the LE and don't think Stern would do that unless they charge LE money. I know Tron has it's fans but picture Tron next to a new game like Munsters in a retail shop. Tron is going to look pretty dated with photshop art, plastic ramps, red dmd, etc. I wonder how many non pinheads will choose Tron over a newer game. I imagine a lot of the pinheads that really want a Tron already have one.

#34 5 years ago

Cool layout, but they should re-make it as something cooler than Tron... Like Cardboard Box Factory or Potato Farmer.

#35 5 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

Agreed. I wonder how many of you calling for a Tron Vault are willing to spend premium money ($7000+) for what would basically be a pro. Lit ramps and other upgrade features would basically be the LE and don't think Stern would do that unless they charge LE money. I know Tron has it's fans but picture Tron next to a new game like Munsters in a retail shop. Tron is going to look pretty dated with photshop art, plastic ramps, red dmd, etc. I wonder how many non pinheads will choose Tron over a newer game. I imagine a lot of the pinheads that really want a Tron already have one.

Tron Vault would not command premium money. It is a very simple BOM and there would be no R&D invested. If it happens, it will be a Vault Pro at current Pro rates, which is still 1500 more than I paid for my original Tron Pro.

#36 5 years ago
Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

Tron Vault would not command premium money. It is a very simple BOM and there would be no R&D invested. If it happens, it will be a Vault Pro at current Pro rates, which is still 1500 more than I paid for my original Tron Pro.

Yup, presume no different than AC/DC Luci/Premium, which was packed... and were sold even cheaper than Spike premiums at like $6800 shipped. I'd be all in for a Tron LE features minus the chrome at premium prices, and presume many would as well as well. A NIB pro for $5600 I'd have zero interest in.

#37 5 years ago

They should make a Tron 82.

Based off the original.

Using these graphics/color scheme.

discs_of_tron_environmental (resized).jpgdiscs_of_tron_environmental (resized).jpg
#38 5 years ago

A tron VE clickbait thread?!

That time of the month already?

Wish I was closer and better be immaculate with 600 plays.

#39 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Because most of them that exist were routed and beat up pretty bad and are nearly twenty years old. I have one that is considered “nice” for a TSPP...but it shows its age. Upgraded sound and nicer side art are needed.

TSPP is a great machine and a rerun would be welcome even by people that have one already like me. For various reasons (that I understand) the current Tron owners don’t want a Tron remake.

#40 5 years ago
Quoted from kklank:

No.Stop making vaults altogether. How about a new original theme.

I don't get this mentality. Making a VE doesn't stop them from producing new games. It isn't one or the other. It's just giving more options. I'd say it gives them more freedom to polish the new games as they have more resources dedicated to the new games while keeping the line busy.

Quoted from Pinballer67:

There are so many TRONs out there already. A top 30 GOAT table IMO but I'm not convinced this would perform well on route. So...why? Why not focus on something new? Keep ahead of JJP etc in this time of skyrocketing competition...look at how much buzz (mostly love, some hate) Munsters has generated? That kind of new effort is great for the hobby. A remake of something that's already got tonnes out there? Meh.

People say Tron is readily available but you're getting used machines for 7k. Why not new?

Talk about buzz. Look at all the Tron VEs thread. That's buzz. I bet if Stern posted a teaser pick of a recognizer on facebook, pinside would explode with excitement.

We need more themes that appeal to the kids in their mid-30s and less of these old man themes like the Munsters.

#41 5 years ago
Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

We are talking about the same Stern, right? BOM means nothing if Stern knows they can charge premium money.

#42 5 years ago

I think they should do a Tron premium with the lighted rails and the Daft Punk multi-ball. The LE's would still have the signed playfield, the chrome trim, and the 3D translite to set them apart so no harm done!

#43 5 years ago

If you believe it, you can achieve it

#44 5 years ago

This again.

#46 5 years ago

I would be in but I doubt this actually happens. If it does, I bet it is a really small run like maybe 300 games...

#47 5 years ago

Chatter is that it is not happening....

#48 5 years ago

I wonder if I will be less obsessed with tron when I own one...

#49 5 years ago

I thought during a press conference Stern said "no more Tron"

#50 5 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

I thought during a press conference Stern said "no more Tron"

Now THAT 'S funny!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Disk war combatant Pre-order!
RamMods

$ 6.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
PFX Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 8.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 350.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 14.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Venice, FL
$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 99.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

$ 109.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

Trade
10,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Willington, DE
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 707 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 15.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tron-ve-in-2019?hl=bertodrink1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.