pasted_image (resized).png
DEB5822F-950C-49C8-B1EA-D6CC0FD74F20 (resized).jpeg
20200121_172917 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_2493 (resized).jpeg
1168CCBC-2C99-4814-AFA2-40C0104EF169 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20191230-233655_Google (resized).jpg
F0B429A5-1203-467A-958D-F6218CA5E61B (resized).png
There are 707 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 15.
#401 4 years ago

This game has been vaulted twice it’s done and over with.

#402 4 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

This game has been vaulted twice it’s done and over with.

So when do you'd ever been on spot?

How's Bill & Ted coming along?

#403 4 years ago

Here's an idea for Stern.

There are a lot of champions for a Tron Vault Edition.

Vault it, but do a Pro and a Premium, then release a TONNE of Stern mods. You can buy your stock Pro or buy a reasonably modded, more 'special' version Premium with powder coated rails and ramp lighting....then everyone has the chance to spend hundreds of dollars more on individual Stern mods and a knock your socks off topper. Color display and new cabinet to make it match the current crop of machines Stern are bringing out.

#404 4 years ago

It would be fun to see another Tron with an opposite layout (yes i know -X-men) with different art, an lcd and different animations...

No one has mentioned the uprising art, the show was pretty great.

89E9290F-7271-4F1B-B8E3-F26E72C0542E (resized).jpeg89E9290F-7271-4F1B-B8E3-F26E72C0542E (resized).jpeg
1 month later
#405 4 years ago

What, only Rick & Morty threads? I miss the good ol’ Tron VE thread days

#406 4 years ago
Quoted from Darkwing:

What, only Rick & Morty threads? I miss the good ol’ Tron VE thread days

2020 is gonna be our year. Haha

#407 4 years ago

So say we all.

#408 4 years ago

I finally broke down and picked up a nice Tron pro before xmas. Figured any VE would cost at least as much and probably not have as many mods, etc. anyway.

So yeah, the VE should be announced any day now...

#409 4 years ago

quite a few of them on the market lately.

#410 4 years ago

I wanted a tron VE for years now but justed picked up a pro. Original run, built like a tank. I dont trust Sterns quality anymore. They haven't made a consistently solid playfield in years. That's what pushed me.

#411 4 years ago

Hmmm...

STERN PINBALL TRON VE PROMO (resized).pngSTERN PINBALL TRON VE PROMO (resized).png
#412 4 years ago
Quoted from Deez:

Hmmm...[quoted image]

Ok it’s not just me. I could’ve sworn I saw this on their site but now it’s gone

#413 4 years ago
Quoted from mrm_4:

Ok it’s not just me. I could’ve sworn I saw this on their site but now it’s gone

No it was.

#414 4 years ago

Well, things just a lot more interesting.

#416 4 years ago

It was on Facebook.

#417 4 years ago
Quoted from Deez:

It was on Facebook.

Why’d they pull it? Leak?

#418 4 years ago

My guess is Stern releases Tron or LOTR vault right when Deeproot releases their games.

#419 4 years ago

Going to be funny with no lit ramps and that great stern pf quality control. And all for the low, low price of 6 or 7 grand.

#420 4 years ago
Quoted from vbittnv:

I wanted a tron VE for years now but justed picked up a pro. Original run, built like a tank. I dont trust Sterns quality anymore. They haven't made a consistently solid playfield in years. That's what pushed me.

A smart decision...I've been saying this for years. I've owned 3 TRON's, and all have been rock solid (still own 2). An amazing game.

#421 4 years ago

Will be very interesting to see how/if they can make Tron VE better than the original.

#422 4 years ago

I just picked up a tron pro myself. Solid and beautiful machine with great mods.

#423 4 years ago

The daft punk music in Tron is one of my favorite parts and that really does not fit with the original tron movie. If they make one based on the original Tron I would imagine it's like Spiderman VE where they basically change everything (art, music, callouts, animations, etc). While I know the nostalgia is there from the original movie I would need to see the complete package before considering it better then the original.

#424 4 years ago

I wouldn't be interested in an original 80's Tron pin. I never liked the original movie that much. I like the new Tron movies better, and I like the Daft Punk music in the pin. I guess I'll wait and see what the VE looks like if it indeed happens.

#425 4 years ago

This is exciting! I wouldn't worry about the lit ramps, literally $50 at adafruit and you can add them yourself. A game I have always wanted, hopefully supply lowers demand and prices become more reasonable.

#426 4 years ago

How reliable is the rumour guys ref Tron Vault?
If similar to original release.......holy smokes, this would be an instant buy.

#427 4 years ago
Quoted from BradKreisler:Going to be funny with no lit ramps and that great stern pf quality control

I've owned a lot of Sterns and the playfield on my Tron LE had one the nicest clearcoats for a Stern. It was thicker then the Pro so it was nice and smooth and you didn't see the wood grain showing through like most Stern's from that time period. However it wasn't too think like some of the recent Sterns that pool and chip. So it will be interesting to see how the PF compares to the original if it ever happens.

Quoted from PinballTilt:

This is exciting! I wouldn't worry about the lit ramps, literally $50 at adafruit and you can add them yourself. A game I have always wanted, hopefully supply lowers demand and prices become more reasonable.

It's not just "lit ramps" that makes them great on the LE it's also how they are coordinated with the code. The aftermarket lighted ramp mods are nice and they do a very good job but never seemed integrated as cleanly as the Stern ones since they were not built into the code.

#428 4 years ago
Quoted from Deez:

It was on Facebook.

So it just appeared on the Stern Facebook then disappeared?
Silly question but does the graphic def relate to Tron?
The zeros look like discs I guess.....

#429 4 years ago

It was in my news feed. I couldn't find it again.

#430 4 years ago

If they did a vault they would most certainly build a premium with all the same shit as the LE has.

They might ONLY do a premium like they did with spider man. Why leave money on the table and cannibalize other Pro sales? Nobody seems to want a pro of this title anyway.

#431 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

If they did a vault they would most certainly build a premium with all the same shit as the LE has.
They might ONLY do a premium like they did with spider man. Why leave money on the table and cannibalize other Pro sales? Nobody seems to want a pro of this title anyway.

All they would have to do is a limited run of 1000. It would sell out instantly.

#432 4 years ago

Tron VE with lcd screen....its coming.....

#433 4 years ago

I’m not fussy, if it was the same as the original with a Blue DMD and Eli ramps.......I’d still be in.

#434 4 years ago
Quoted from Stones:

Tron VE with lcd screen....its coming.....

Unfortunately Stern is way too lazy to add an LCD. It’s all about profit and adding a LCD would add too much in development costs. That being said, imagine how big LOTR VE would be with an LCD!

#435 4 years ago

My personal opinion: someone at Stern decided to have a little fun with Pinside by posting that photo. Perhaps they are trying to gauge demand in some way with a “slip”.

Star Trek VE was a disappointment for Stern. I’m not sure how enthusiastic they will be about VE’ing another DMD game. That said, Tron has the appearance of strong demand. Stern isn’t going to retro it back to the original movie, zero chance of that due to Daft Punk’s incredible music.

I had been waiting for a VE for years but finally gave up last summer and bought a loaded pro.

#436 4 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

My personal opinion: someone at Stern decided to have a little fun with Pinside by posting that photo. Perhaps they are trying to gauge demand in some way with a “slip”.
Star Trek VE was a disappointment for Stern. I’m not sure how enthusiastic they will be about VE’ing another DMD game.

For god sake, it was Star Trek!!!! Used HUO pro's were going for average of $4500 when they vaulted it. It's in my top 5 Stern DMD games I want to own but still can't fathom why they did the vault. Using ST VE sales against a Tron VE is like apples to oranges.

#437 4 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

For god sake, it was Star Trek!!!! Used HUO pro's were going for average of $4500 when they vaulted it. It's in my top 5 Stern DMD games I want to own but still can't fathom why they did the vault. Using ST VE sales against a Tron VE is like apples to oranges.

I don’t disagree with you but for whatever reason Stern picked Star Trek over Tron to vault and it disappointed in sales. By all reports, Spider-Man VE also disappointed in sales.

It is certainly possible Stern has ascribed the disappointing sales of their past two VE’s to the display. I’m not saying they are correct by any means...but hypothetically if it is case if they perceive the dmd as the issue with sales of the past two dmd games it won’t matter if they are correct or not...they won’t vault another dmd.

#438 4 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

I don’t disagree with you but for whatever reason Stern picked Star Trek over Tron to vault and it disappointed in sales. By all reports, Spider-Man VE also disappointed in sales.
It is certainly possible Stern has ascribed the disappointing sales of their past two VE’s to the display. I’m not saying they are correct by any means...but hypothetically if it is case if they perceive the dmd as the issue with sales of the past two dmd games it won’t matter if they are correct or not...they won’t vault another dmd.

What about AC/DC? That sold well and they changed the art in the pro. Also, a lot of Luci VEs i have seen around. It has to be there best VE sale wise

#439 4 years ago

The DMD vs LCD thing doesn’t bother me to be honest.
If anything it’s the SAM sound that’s very poor vs the Spike 2 system.
Unless I’m mistaken is this a Mono vs Stereo system?
Not a show stopper though, as you can always beef the sound aftermarket.....

#440 4 years ago

SAM is a rock solid board set compared to Spike!

If they did a VE it would have all new art, but surely they would have to do more than just that?

Maybe it is the time they do a premium with lit ramps

Or maybe they could do a Spike game with this?

https://us.blastingnews.com/showbiz-tv/2019/12/potential-tron-reboot-in-the-works-at-disney-003030596.html

#441 4 years ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

What about AC/DC? That sold well and they changed the art in the pro. Also, a lot of Luci VEs i have seen around. It has to be there best VE sale wise

I had forgotten about AC/DC being vaulted again after Luci. Good point. Tron could use an art upgrade.

#442 4 years ago

One of my all-time pinball bonehead moves was to trade a modded out Tron for TFLE before the value spiked.

I’d jump at the chance to get Tron again. It was my only game for a while, so I played the shit out of it, but it’s missed.

#443 4 years ago

Plz not "classic" Tron.

#444 4 years ago
Quoted from BoJo:

I've owned a lot of Sterns and the playfield on my Tron LE had one the nicest clearcoats for a Stern. It was thicker then the Pro so it was nice and smooth and you didn't see the wood grain showing through like most Stern's from that time period. However it wasn't too think like some of the recent Sterns that pool and chip. So it will be interesting to see how the PF compares to the original if it ever happens.

Agreed. The Tron Premium (LE) does have a nice pf. Its sad that the QC has fallen off. I haven't bought a new stern since Tron (run #3) and even then I kept it in the box for 3 years because I found a Premium. I'm fine with my current collection of Sterns (newest is Tron Premium I think) and 90's Bally/Williams titles.

Every time I think about shelling out for Star Wars, or Jurassic Park...I get cold feet.

#445 4 years ago
Quoted from BradKreisler:

Going to be funny with no lit ramps and that great stern pf quality control. And all for the low, low price of 6 or 7 grand.

I don't like to be negative and am not a hater or a troll, but being brutally honest, this is why I won't buy another NIB Stern for the foreseeable. Major quality and value issues, with pricing becoming a little silly.

#446 4 years ago
Quoted from thedarkknight77:

Unfortunately Stern is way too lazy to add an LCD. It’s all about profit and adding a LCD would add too much in development costs. That being said, imagine how big LOTR VE would be with an LCD!

Very true.....but I think they will add it

#447 4 years ago
Quoted from Sako-TRG:

How reliable is the rumour guys ref Tron Vault?

Zero reliability. These whiney bitches haven’t shut up about it for about 7 years...they’re still trying to will it into existence instead of just going out and getting a real one that exists.

#448 4 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Zero reliability. These whiney bitches haven’t shut up about it for about 7 years...they’re still trying to will it into existence instead of just going out and getting a real one that exists.

Not everyone enjoys sloppy seconds like you. I like to be the first to plunge my balls on any table.

#449 4 years ago

Do a vault edition of Ghostbusters - Tron - Game of Thrones - Metallica and add a full color screen with clips from the movie, tv show or the band. Otherwise why what is the point? Create a value with the latest spike system and include the real TV screen and give us movie clips for what is the point???

You know JJP was already doing full blown screens Stern could have already been doing it but they didn’t.

No excuse not to go back and do it right. I would be a buyer.

#450 4 years ago
Quoted from drfrightner:

Do a vault edition of Ghostbusters - Tron - Game of Thrones - Metallica and add a full color screen with clips from the movie, tv show or the band. Otherwise why what is the point? Create a value with the latest spike system and include the real TV screen and give us movie clips for what is the point???
You know JJP was already doing full blown screens Stern could have already been doing it but they didn’t.
No excuse not to go back and do it right. I would be a buyer.

The excuse not to do it is probably cost. You can’t just slap a spike 2 system into a SAM game. They would have to redesign the game code and function to work with spike 2, etc. Not to mention renew any license and probably have to get approval for video clips and other assets. And more I’m sure I haven’t thought of. They would have to expect to sell a TON of them to make it worth it.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Disk war combatant Pre-order!
RamMods

$ 6.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
PFX Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 8.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 350.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 14.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

10,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Willington, DE
$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 99.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

$ 109.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

Trade
8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Venice, FL
There are 707 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 15.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tron-ve-in-2019/page/9?hl=foobeer and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.