pasted_image (resized).png
DEB5822F-950C-49C8-B1EA-D6CC0FD74F20 (resized).jpeg
20200121_172917 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_2493 (resized).jpeg
1168CCBC-2C99-4814-AFA2-40C0104EF169 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20191230-233655_Google (resized).jpg
F0B429A5-1203-467A-958D-F6218CA5E61B (resized).png
There are 707 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 15.
#301 4 years ago

ST pro Vault is a good example (I think) it costs $5400.

If Tron Vault (SAM) is simply a Tron pro with LEDs at price of $5400 people would still like to add $1k-$1.5k mods (Arcade, Color DMD, Lighted ramps) that’s $1K without (topper, under cab light, lighted cycles, side art, shaker, Flynn sign, speaker lights) that’s another $600.

I’m *not* saying people need to add all that but Tron is a game that people like to mod.

all those mods would put Tron in the range of $7000 (ish) like a Stern Premium.

#302 4 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

Yeah but if they did a bare bones remake of the pro can they justify the current pro price? The new pros have so much more going on with RGB inserts, color display, etc. If it’s SAM or Whitestar with original dots it should be under $5K. I think a lot of people would be in at this price range.

Some people prefer SAM games. Price was $4600 7 years ago so imo likely $5400 today’s dollars is what I’d expect.

If you’re expecting Stern to price this like 2012 pro you don’t know Stern.

#303 4 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

If it’s SAM or Whitestar with original dots it should be under $5K. I think a lot of people would be in at this price range.

They will add mods just like they did with ACDC Vault.

#304 4 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

Yeah but if they did a bare bones remake of the pro can they justify the current pro price? The new pros have so much more going on with RGB inserts, color display, etc. If it’s SAM or Whitestar with original dots it should be under $5K. I think a lot of people would be in at this price range.

I don't think Stern is going to undercut themselves on pricing.

Rob

#305 4 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Some people prefer SAM games. Price was $4600 7 years ago so imo likely $5400 today’s dollars is what I’d expect.
If you’re expecting Stern to price this like 2012 pro you don’t know Stern.

Yeah makes sense. I definitely prefer SAM games so at that price I would definitely consider it. Is that the price range of the last MET pros they put out?

#306 4 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

Yeah makes sense. I definitely prefer SAM games so at that price I would definitely consider it. Is that the price range of the last MET pros they put out?

#307 4 years ago

Are there any current rumors that are even slightly reliable that Tron VE is in the pipeline?

#308 4 years ago

Don’t know what the Stern prices were for AcDc or Met pro Vault.

But currently ST Vault (SAM no color display) costs as much or around the same as the new Pro or premium.

Remember Spike is probably cheaper for Stern to make. I mean parts like lcd are probably cheaper to source than red dmd.

Plus the rest like wood and plastic and flippers are the same.

I have no information on Tron Vault. I don’t care one way or the other but I’d bet Stern will make a batch if they feel they can sell 500 or so games.

1 month later
#309 4 years ago

I missed the original class of 2011-2013.
I bought a Metallica VE (May 2018) I'm buying a Star Trek VE soon.
I would jump on a Tron VE.
For the record. Metallica VE and Star Trek VE both sell for the exact same as any other modern Stern Pro or Premium. My Metallica (pro) and Maiden (pro) cost the same amount, as will Star Trek (pro) (About $5,500 usd after conversion)

#310 4 years ago

I'm in on a Tron Remake. I can't think of another classic title from Stern that I would jump so fast to buy right now. Wish they would just do it!!

#311 4 years ago

Just do it. I need to save my coin.

#312 4 years ago

It would be nice if some rgb bulbs found their way into a VE.

#313 4 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

For the record. Metallica VE and Star Trek VE both sell for the exact same as any other modern Stern Pro or Premium. My Metallica (pro) and Maiden (pro) cost the same amount, as will Star Trek (pro) (About $5,500 usd after conversion)

I guess it depends on if they do a “pro” vault, or a “premium” vault with upgrades (EL ramps, moving recognizer, upgraded cab art...) or maybe both.

IIRC both Iron Man and Spider-Man had premium priced vaults.

#314 4 years ago
Quoted from gunstarhero:

I guess it depends on if they do a “pro” vault, or a “premium” vault with upgrades (EL ramps, moving recognizer, upgraded cab art...) or maybe both.
IIRC both Iron Man and Spider-Man had premium priced vaults.

Iron Man Vault was $4600 or $4700

#315 4 years ago

The only worthwhile game-changer I'd want for this or a Game of Thrones remake is full video instead of dots. Do that and there's a premium priced game that's worth getting.

#316 4 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

If it’s SAM or Whitestar with original dots it should be under $5K. I think a lot of people would be in at this price range.

You won’t see a Pro game out of Stern for under 5k ever again. Those days are over. Doesn’t matter how many, they won’t lower it back down to that.

#317 4 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

You won’t see a Pro game out of Stern for under 5k ever again. Those days are over. Doesn’t matter how many, they won’t lower it back down to that.

You will if the community takes a year off and doesn’t buy a single game.

#318 4 years ago
Quoted from TronGuy:

Operators will buy Pro’s for over 5k. You know, pinball on location helps introduce more people to them. Those people will spend more than 5k on a Pro too.

#319 4 years ago
Quoted from TronGuy:

The same community that says "take my money" site unseen for pins north of 9 grand?! Riiiiight.

#320 4 years ago

I hear you guys. People always ask me why certain golf clubs are , $500, $800, $1000+.

I say:

Because there is a line of people waiting to pay it.

#321 4 years ago

Tron LE DP Edition

Id rather have LE than VE, Stern just needs to make a new game, leave Tron alone

37130A77-2B56-4C3C-8BC4-BE5338A3C8AC (resized).jpeg37130A77-2B56-4C3C-8BC4-BE5338A3C8AC (resized).jpeg
#322 4 years ago

That’s easy for you to say, you have one!

Lol, it’s gonna happen, Stern knows they’re sitting on 1000 or more sales.

#323 4 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

Tron LE DP Edition
Id rather have LE than VE, Stern just needs to make a new game, leave Tron alone[quoted image]

Amateur. Where is your Discs of Tron environmental?

#324 4 years ago
Quoted from gunstarhero:

That’s easy for you to say, you have one!
Lol, it’s gonna happen, Stern knows they’re sitting on 1000 or more sales.

Are they though? They couldn’t sell 600 Musters LE, they couldn’t sell out BKSOR LE either. Tron Pinball is wildly popular among ya crowd of people deep inside the hobby most of whom already have the game.

Sterns primary customer base of general public and newer locations won’t be lining up for a remake of Tron - an out dated license with no context today. (No new movie etc).

I’d love a tron VE to be honest I just don’t see the business case for this one.

#325 4 years ago

A wise business decision for Stern to make another run. Disney Tron ride coming to Magic Kingdom, Orlando.

9FBD83E6-85B0-43DB-AA37-55934F3DCA01 (resized).jpeg9FBD83E6-85B0-43DB-AA37-55934F3DCA01 (resized).jpeg
#326 4 years ago

If they made a full on new game that would be cool to me.

I’m glad I’m not the only one enamored with tron...

9EF2B5EB-A4EA-44B4-AE70-3B8CAEA7CEF9 (resized).jpeg9EF2B5EB-A4EA-44B4-AE70-3B8CAEA7CEF9 (resized).jpeg
#327 4 years ago

If they vault Tron it would be really nice if they would at least put a blue DMD in all models as a standard.
If they basically sold a pro with a blue DMD, the EL ramps that are tied into the game and some toys, they could probably sell them as premiums no problem

#328 4 years ago
Quoted from Dkjimbo:

They couldn’t sell 600 Musters LE, they couldn’t sell out BKSOR LE either.

Munsters is an awful outdated theme. I haven't played it enough to judge how fun it is so u won't jump on the code hate train. Bksor LE is a miss because they didn't give enough to justify the premium for an LE. I really think Tron would sell just because the theme is arcade related and relevant to most collectors. Plus it's a super fun machine.

#329 4 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

Amateur. Where is your Discs of Tron environmental?

That’s a rare unicorn, I’ll be looking for a DoT next year, I’d rather have another pinball machine than a large environmental machine, so it’s taken a back seat. I know you’re just ribbing me, but Tron is serious business in my house.

#330 4 years ago

My Tron family is ready for the VE

20190610_152228 (resized).jpg20190610_152228 (resized).jpg20190610_153010 (resized).jpg20190610_153010 (resized).jpg
#331 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinballer67:

It's a time of coming oversaturation, Stern needs to stay ahead of the curve, not microwaving a title that's not even currently a popular IP.

3C202C81-89DC-4929-B5AB-2BE3693ECA7D (resized).jpeg3C202C81-89DC-4929-B5AB-2BE3693ECA7D (resized).jpeg

They milk what they can today with no concern for long term. The above ‘Signature Edition’ doesn’t even have different color trim. Since they’re just swapping translights now, not sure I want to see anymore rehashes.

#332 4 years ago
Quoted from spinal:

[quoted image]
They milk what they can today with no concern for long term. The above ‘Signature Edition’ doesn’t even have different color trim. Since they’re just swapping translights now, not sure I want to see anymore rehashes.

At the end of the day, I'd just be happy with a Tron VE with the same cabinet art and cabinet style to match my Walking Dead and KISS speaker surrounds. Why did I sell my Tron???......that's right, to buy Walking Dead.

#333 4 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

That’s a rare unicorn, I’ll be looking for a DoT next year, I’d rather have another pinball machine than a large environmental machine, so it’s taken a back seat. I know you’re just ribbing me, but Tron is serious business in my house.

I loved playing the environmental as a kid in the arcade, but I too would prefer a new pinball machine for the price they go for now. Also, at 6'6, I can't really fit comfortably in them anymore.

#334 4 years ago

Getting really tired of waiting for Stern to release TRONVE. It’s gonna be great, but get on with it already!

#335 4 years ago
Quoted from tl54hill:

Getting really tired of waiting for Stern to release TRONVE. It’s gonna be great, but get on with it already!

TRON's come up for sale fairly often at sensible prices. Even TRON LE's have become a bit easier to find...I picked one up last year (and there were others on the market as well). Lusting after the fictitious "TRON VE" is silly when beautiful examples are available from loving collectors.

#336 4 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

TRON's come up for sale fairly often at sensible prices. Even TRON LE's have become a bit easier to find...I picked one up last year (and there were others on the market as well). Lusting after the fictitious "TRON VE" is silly when beautiful examples are available from loving collectors.

All of this is true except for the "reasonable prices" part. TRONs are pretty damn pricey to me.

#337 4 years ago

hence why they should make it. thats is sterns and chicago gaming m.o. if they see people are buying old pins for prices higher than new ones it is an instant sell for them to re release the pin. XXXXXX game is selling for 7k then lets re-release it for 5500. people will get that game cheaper and new. sucks for collectors but good for those who want and game and dont want to pay the crazy prices.

there are only a few stern pins that are doing that right now. Tron and LotR

#338 4 years ago

Tron has a lot of surface charms but is a pretty woodchoppy game once you settle into playing it. I used to own an LE, but at this point would take something like Deadpool or Aerosmith over another Tron. I'm glad Stern has moved on.

#339 4 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

All of this is true except for the "reasonable prices" part. TRONs are pretty damn pricey to me.

And guess what? If there's a remake it's gonna be just as much money. I mean, that's just reality.

I personally doubt they're ever gonna vault it. I think the demand is some Pinside people sad they don't have one, and that's about it. Who knows. But this has been a rumor/fantasy for literally years, at a certain point get over it and buy a used one if you really want it.

But let's pretend they do. What are you really expecting? You know why the used ones are pricey? Because they're modded with the cool shit that are 'must haves'. Like fiber optic ramp lights, and the little working OLED arcade cab.

A vault either doesn't have that stuff, or, in this fantasy land where they add it all, it's expensive. I think it's pure fantasy, they're not gonna do LE features on a vault just to sell a few hundred games and risk making LEs look like they're not actually limited. But if they did, they'd sure as shit charge you for it.

So no matter what if you want a Tron with the stuff you're gonna pay. There's no scenario where Stern makes you a cheaper game. Pros are approaching $6k already. A fantasy Tron where they port it to Spike 2 from SAM and add an LCD and new graphics and fiber optic ramp lights? They're charging you a premium price, so open your wallet.

#340 4 years ago

Not sure why people wanting this irritates people who don't so much.

#341 4 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

You misquoted me...I said "sensible prices" 7k for heavily modded pros is sensible. I purchased my TRON Pro 6 years ago for ~6k. I've added another 1k in mods (ColorDMD, ramp lights, etc.). If I were to sell, 7k would be totally "sensible".

#342 4 years ago
Quoted from RustyLizard:

It irritates me because this is a collector community where buying/selling is a major part of the hobby. Having people sit on the sidelines and wait for a VE makes no sense. If someone really wants a TRON, satisfy yourself and another collector!

Ironman VE made total sense...there was a true undersupply of that title. Even though I got "hurt" selling mine, it was still the right thing for Stern and the community. I don't see the same shortage of TRON...the prices reflect all the mods people typically add (not rarity).

#343 4 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

And guess what? If there's a remake it's gonna be just as much money. I mean, that's just reality.
I personally doubt they're ever gonna vault it. I think the demand is some Pinside people sad they don't have one, and that's about it. Who knows. But this has been a rumor/fantasy for literally years, at a certain point get over it and buy a used one if you really want it.
But let's pretend they do. What are you really expecting? You know why the used ones are pricey? Because they're modded with the cool shit that are 'must haves'. Like fiber optic ramp lights, and the little working OLED arcade cab.
A vault either doesn't have that stuff, or, in this fantasy land where they add it all, it's expensive. I think it's pure fantasy, they're not gonna do LE features on a vault just to sell a few hundred games and risk making LEs look like they're not actually limited. But if they did, they'd sure as shit charge you for it.
So no matter what if you want a Tron with the stuff you're gonna pay. There's no scenario where Stern makes you a cheaper game. Pros are approaching $6k already. A fantasy Tron where they port it to Spike 2 from SAM and add an LCD and new graphics and fiber optic ramp lights? They're charging you a premium price, so open your wallet.

Schrodinger's Tron - Tron will either be a bare bones Star Trek "Vault" or added features Vault like Spiderman VE. I'm predicting we'll see a Tron VE that will satisfy people that want one and disappoint the rest due to it not being the mystical unicorn that people created in their heads. New translite and if we're lucky, a foil print cabinet. Stern are reliable, but rarely do they deliver the dream machine when it comes to these releases. As an example, see the Batman 66 Catwoman edition.

#344 4 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

It irritates me because this is a collector community where buying/selling is a major part of the hobby. Having people sit on the sidelines and wait for a VE makes no sense. If someone really wants a TRON, satisfy yourself and another collector!
Ironman VE made total sense...there was a true undersupply of that title. Even though I got "hurt" selling mine, it was still the right thing for Stern and the community. I don't see the same shortage of TRON...the prices reflect all the mods people typically add (not rarity).

Maybe if the people selling were willing to ship and this community didn't believe things like "new out of box" were honest descriptions it would be easier to buy one.

#345 4 years ago
Quoted from RustyLizard:

I'm not irritated at all, but it is kinda tiresome to keep talking about it for years and years. The chances of them doing are going down, not up. Any DMD game getting a vault in this new LCD age seems somewhat iffy now.

I have a Tron, I'm clearly not the target market here, "I've got mine". But I got it by waiting until one came up, and then paying the asking price for it. Like almost every other pin on the market. Everything doesn't have to appear new in box on your doorstep in this hobby.

#346 4 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I'm not irritated at all, but it is kinda tiresome to keep talking about it for years and years. The chances of them doing are going down, not up. Any DMD game getting a vault in this new LCD age seems somewhat iffy now.
I have a Tron, I'm clearly not the target market here, "I've got mine". But I got it by waiting until one came up, and then paying the asking price for it. Like almost every other pin on the market. Everything doesn't have to appear new in box on your doorstep in this hobby.

I am glad you are in a position to pay "the asking price" I am willing to pay a pretty fair price also but when choice is no shipping or NAVL only I am out. I have bent over backwards to ship games to people but can't find a Tron owner whonisnt afraid of chipping a fingernail or burning a gallon of fuel while getting "asking price" TronVE is coming. I can wait. Owning it will be the same experience whether it happens next month or in 3 years.

I don't care about a new art package. The original one I'd fine with me. My only worry is they will waste their resources and a VE spot on LOTR.

#347 4 years ago
Quoted from RustyLizard:

My only worry is they will waste their resources and a VE spot on LOTR.

It wouldn't surprise me if they did a LOTR VE (remake?) at all as that is one of Sterns best of all time. That said, TRON VE makes a lot of sense to vault (a ton of sense)

#348 4 years ago

Did Tron sell well when it was released? Popular on location, etc?

#349 4 years ago

don't wait for the VE get yours today

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/76962

#350 4 years ago

Sure, I would be glad to drive 31 hours each way so you can have cash on the glass instead of shipping.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Disk war combatant Pre-order!
RamMods

$ 6.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
PFX Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 8.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 350.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 14.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

10,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Willington, DE
$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 99.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

$ 109.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Venice, FL
Trade
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 707 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 15.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tron-ve-in-2019/page/7?hl=rustylizard and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.