pasted_image (resized).png
DEB5822F-950C-49C8-B1EA-D6CC0FD74F20 (resized).jpeg
20200121_172917 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_2493 (resized).jpeg
1168CCBC-2C99-4814-AFA2-40C0104EF169 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20191230-233655_Google (resized).jpg
F0B429A5-1203-467A-958D-F6218CA5E61B (resized).png
There are 707 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 15.
#151 5 years ago
Quoted from PinBalt:

In one of the recent videos/interviews with Lyman Tron code came up and if he would make another update. I got the impression that he caught himself from saying something regarding Tron release.

Bingo! He also said that he was moving on to a project after BM66 that wasn’t a “cornerstone” pin.

Tron VE with hand drawn art package, lit ramps / LED package but only a 2D translite. I’m calling it here and now!

#152 5 years ago
Quoted from Fytr:

Bingo! He also said that he was moving on to a project after BM66 that wasn’t a “cornerstone” pin.
Tron VE with hand drawn art package, lit ramps / LED package but only a 2D translite. I’m calling it here and now!

Could have sworn someone said that was Elvira 3.

#153 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Damn Rai stepping it up. You say where are the 7k trons fattdirk? There you go. Haha

I was saying a 7k tron is absurd. I rather have a NIB for 5500 is my point. I don't care about the mods.

#154 5 years ago

I don't think you are gonna get a re-pop for $5500...

#155 5 years ago
Quoted from Billy16:

I don't think you are gonna get a re-pop for $5500...

The BOM is so cheap prob be 4200 when counting the coils.

#156 5 years ago
Quoted from Deez:

The BOM is so cheap prob be 4200 when counting the coils.

That's not how it works unfortunately.

#157 5 years ago

Finally..the first TRONVE thread of the new year (that I've seen anyway)......all is again right with the world.....

#158 5 years ago
Quoted from Micky:

That's not how it works unfortunately.

I thought the sarcasm was obvious.

#159 5 years ago

I hope they make a TRON vault and sell a load of them. I don't care about my TRON price dropping as I'm never selling!!! Love this game! Hope more people get a chance to own this great game. Bring it on stern!

1 week later
#160 5 years ago

For all the VE dreamers, here is a nicely modded Pro to consider: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-tron-legacy-pro-52

TRON is one of the best playing games of all-time...don't deny yourself.

#161 5 years ago
Quoted from TrueJedi:

Shanghai Disneyland already has a Tron roller coaster.

I was hoping for a Flynn's arcade in front.

#162 5 years ago

Given what passes for LE/Prem now (i.e. single bank targets instead of even standup ones, much less drop targets) would anyone expect a Tron VE to even be close to the Pro, let alone LE? Instead of an plastic arcade cabinet you'd get a bit of plastic with an arcade cabinet decal on...

#163 5 years ago
Quoted from Boat:

I’m down, how did/does it perform on route? I assume thats one of the big factors stern would look at for bringing it back.

My very nice fully modded pro lagged in earnings in ‘17-‘18. I was surprised. I thought the lit ramps would be more of a wow factor for younger kids, but they didn’t care because they probably weren’t familiar with the theme.

#164 5 years ago
Quoted from Durzel:

Given what passes for LE/Prem now (i.e. single bank targets instead of even standup ones, much less drop targets) would anyone expect a Tron VE to even be close to the Pro, let alone LE? Instead of an plastic arcade cabinet you'd get a bit of plastic with an arcade cabinet decal on...

SM vault edition was fairly loaded with laser cut side rails and custom molded plastic figures.

#165 5 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

For all the VE dreamers, here is a nicely modded Pro to consider: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-tron-legacy-pro-52
TRON is one of the best playing games of all-time...don't deny yourself.

My experience that no one wants to pay $7200 for my like new pro (loaded ++++) because they feel a vault will be made in the $5500 range but they will need to add $1500 in mods to equal what I have. So it’s as if they’d rather have nothing than spend the same as buying a new +++ mods.

I love my Tron so I’m not selling at a discount. I think Stern will make a vault but not sure when. I think Tron vault is more realistic than LotR because of the BOM on LotR is probably a lot bigger than Tron.

#166 5 years ago

I would pay for the pro game and not necessarily put on $1500 in mods. These $7200 pros with all these mods is insane and that’s what they need to make a VE. At premium pricing people would still need to put on more mods so what gives?

#167 5 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

For all the VE dreamers, here is a nicely modded Pro to consider

You may say I'm a dreamer
But I'm not the only one....

-John L

#168 5 years ago
Quoted from rai:

My experience that no one wants to pay $7200 for my like new pro (loaded ++++) because they feel a vault will be made in the $5500 range but they will need to add $1500 in mods to equal what I have. So it’s as if they’d rather have nothing than spend the same as buying a new +++ mods.
I love my Tron so I’m not selling at a discount. I think Stern will make a vault but not sure when. I think Tron vault is more realistic than LotR because of the BOM on LotR is probably a lot bigger than Tron.

Unlikely the LOTR BOM is more costly than TRON. I own and have worked on both...

#169 5 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Unlikely the LOTR BOM is more costly than TRON. I own and have worked on both...

I own both as well. I think LOTR would be a higher BOM. Look at the ramps on LOTR. Metal vs. plastic plus wireframes. I think it has more coils as well. In addition to normal coils (flippers, pops, slings), you have coils for diverter to path of dead, Balrog, VUK on right, and tower in the upper right.

Both are great games

#170 5 years ago
Quoted from TwilightZone:

I own both as well. I think LOTR would be a higher BOM. Look at the ramps on LOTR. Metal vs. plastic plus wireframes. I think it has more coils as well. In addition to normal coils (flippers, pops, slings), you have coils for diverter to path of dead, Balrog, VUK on right, and tower in the upper right.
Both are great games

The TRON ramps may be plastic, but they are still costly given the sprawling design. There isn't a big difference either way...

They are both great games! I enjoy playing TRON a lot more...LOTR games are too long

#171 5 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

You may say I'm a dreamer
But I'm not the only one....
-John L

I thought it was just
"You may say that I'm a dreamer...
But I'm not."

#172 5 years ago
Quoted from mrm_4:

I thought it was just
"You may say that I'm a dreamer...
But I'm not."

Uh...nope

#173 5 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

Anyone can add chrome trim and only the first couple dozen had signed PF's.

First 50 LE's were hand signed and I confirmed with Stern those first 50 the play fields were clear coated again over the signatures. If you have seen one of those machines their play fields are pristine and pretty much dimple free after all these years...

#174 5 years ago

Two reasons I want a Tron VE on the market despite owning one :

1> In all likelihood, it will have the retro-Tron artwork.
2> They will manufacture new ramps that I need badly.

I don't think a VE means that older Trons will take a hit in price. A VE is going to be $7K ... Stern doesn't want a VE to compete against new pins. If older pros take a hit in price, it won't be much.

Also, if you are collecting pins and treating them as a retirement fund, you are far, far better off investing that money elsewhere ... you will get a much nicer return .... that will allow you to buy more pins (unless you were collecting NIB pins from 1980-1999 or so ... if you did that, you have a fortune ).

#175 5 years ago
Quoted from megadeth2600:

1> In all likelihood, it will have the retro-Tron artwork.

I hope not - but will reserve judgement until I see it

#176 5 years ago

If they release to coincide with the ride at Disney it wouldn't make sense to do throw back art. Neither would using the sounds/music from Legacy which is one of my favorite parts of the game.

#177 5 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

I would pay for the pro game and not necessarily put on $1500 in mods. These $7200 pros with all these mods is insane and that’s what they need to make a VE. At premium pricing people would still need to put on more mods so what gives?

That’s what they go for..... just sold mine for 7500.

#178 5 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

I bought my TRON Pro almost a year ago for a shade over $7K, very low play and loaded with over $3K in mods, all of which are desirable and a few NLA. At the same I couldn't have bought a HUO TRON Pro for under $6K. Buying a $6K unmodded Pro and then adding $3K in mods make a whole lot less sense than buying an already loaded $7200 TRON. I've since modded mine some more, and I'd only consider serious offers over $7500 for it today......

How Stern vaults TRON can go many different ways, it will be interesting to see what they do, if they release it at all. Personally I hope if they do release it that Lyman will take a couple of weeks to put the code over the top, although then I'll have to wait on ColorDMD code to match it!!!!

#179 5 years ago
Quoted from BoJo:

If they release to coincide with the ride at Disney it wouldn't make sense to do throw back art.

The FL Disney Tron ride isn't scheduled to open until 2021.

Saying that, this post comes around every year...

#180 5 years ago

If Stern vaults Tron with Original movie art package I'd buy.

#181 5 years ago

Well since I can't vote no in the poll, I'll say it here. No vault edition please.
And sure, yes, it's because I own one. But that's no more biased than a non-owner trying to whip up support so they can purchase one at below market price. Same argument I have over the CGC remakes.
And please don't tell me how I'm stealing joy from little children who just want a chance to play their parent's classic pinball machines. They're all available for purchase. The market is alive and well and working properly.

Now CC's and BBB's and TBL's and Aliens, those are a different story. It's not a supply OR demand problem. They were clearly never fully produced, brought to market and made available to everyone. Everyone who has one got it out of sheer dumb luck (right place/ right time), or paid an extraordinary price to get one from someone who had dumb luck. Those should finally be made in proper volume, and marketed once and for all.

#182 5 years ago

My normal comment regarding Tron Vaults is not to wait - go buy one now and get yourself on the grid. This year feels different. It just may the right time to make it and I sincerely hope that everyone would wants one has a chance to purchase it. I don't care if Stern cranks out thousands more of them and brings the value of my pro down. I did not buy it with the intention of selling it later for a profit. I have had so much fun creating my own big blue T and then playing it until my hands hurt. Good times. Libations for everyone!

#183 5 years ago
Quoted from Deez:

I was saying a 7k tron is absurd. I rather have a NIB for 5500 is my point. I don't care about the mods.

7k? I’d even sell mine for that. Single owner HUO with Eli’s ramp kit, pinbits stuff, and tasteful LEDs. Call it absurd all you want, but that’s the price. Just because I’ve owned it for 7 years and don’t play it as much anymore. Heck, you can even have the side of the box I saved for that.

#184 5 years ago

I don’t understand any of the people that would say “no” to a vault edition unless they own one already. As far as I’m concerned, Stern could rerelease every game they ever made and it would make me happy. I’m all about having as many options as possible. In my opinion, given the strong demand for the title, Stern would be basically printing money at this point. If I was a distributor, I would love to have the ability to sell these.

#185 5 years ago
Quoted from Jerryuop:

I don’t understand any of the people that would say “no” to a vault edition unless they own one already. As far as I’m concerned, Stern could rerelease every game they ever made and it would make me happy. I’m all about having as many options as possible. In my opinion, given the strong demand for the title, Stern would be basically printing money at this point. If I was a distributor, I would love to have the ability to sell these.

Most of the "no" responses are from current owners.

#186 5 years ago
Quoted from pcprogrammer:

I own a Pro and LE. If a Vault was released, wouldn't effect me one bit (since they are both keepers).

My concern has to do with oversupply of games in general. Gorgeous TRON's are easily available. Manufacturing new games just so someone can have a brand new one is gluttonous. Unlike the old days, a large % of games built after 2000 are HUO, lightly played examples. If this weren't the case, I'd feel differently.

Stern recently reran Star Trek and got their butt handed to them...very light demand. I'm sure they will do their homework next time they do a re-run or Vault. TRON has been rerun several times and it's unlikely Stern will make business sense of doing a TRON Vault.

#187 5 years ago

Just can't respond to this redundant speculation..been covered a million times.....does appear by the thumbs up they could definitely sell a solid 50 of them..if they had all the LE features for $5500.00......uggh

(yes, I have an LE and doesn't matter either way, as I'm not selling)

#188 5 years ago

So there was once upon a time when I did *not* own a Tron. Then I played it in the wild a few times and liked it. Then I saved up my money until I had enough and bought one from a fireman who kept it in his Tahoe vacation cabin and advertised it for sale on CL. The next day I owned a Tron. I might keep it forever, I'm not sure.

This is how to buy a pinball machine 101. I did not wait around hoping the manufacturer builds new ones, hoping they throw in enhanced features and mods, hoping it's priced at a steal, and all so that I can have a NIB experience with a Tron.

#189 5 years ago
Quoted from jkleinnd:

So there was once upon a time when I did *not* own a Tron. Then I played it in the wild a few times and liked it. Then I saved up my money until I had enough and bought one from a fireman who kept it in his Tahoe vacation cabin and advertised it for sale on CL. The next day I owned a Tron. I might keep it forever, I'm not sure.
This is how to buy a pinball machine 101. I did not wait around hoping the manufacturer builds new ones, hoping they throw in enhanced features and mods, hoping it's priced at a steal, and all so that I can have a NIB experience with a Tron.

I don't want to drive anywhere to get one. I want it delivered NIB straight to my door.

No matter what anyone says, I just don't get the resistance to a Vault. Makes no sense to me. There is obvious demand, not from you, but from a lot of others.

I purchase pins very infrequently. I'd rather just buy new and have it shipped straight to my door versus driving all day and dealing with someone I don't know.

#190 5 years ago

I honestly am fine if Stern vaults anything. ACDC? Sure. SpiderMan? OK. Star Trek? A bit too soon I guess, but sure go for it. TRON or LOTR? Awesome. They can vault whatever and I would not say 'No' or say it should NOT be done.

Can some one that does not want the TRON vault tell me why it is so bad? The ones I have seen are:

1. You don't need a vault you can find one now? That's how I did it.
Then why did we see the other vaults, and the success of the remakes. For the record I love the remakes too.

2. It is gluttonous to have more TRONs in the market.
Ok, not going even address this one -jeez.

3. It takes up line space for others to be made.
I can understand this one, but I don't think it should be a reason to stop a vault from being made.

I would think current owners would care less about the vault since they already own it. If that is the case I would think they would have the 'who cares' instead of the 'No' answer. I also don't think it is the worry over the value of their current pin. At least, I don't think so. Anyone that opposes TRON vault want to give a reason why they feel that way? Other than #1?

Any others?

#191 5 years ago

I don't want to drive anywhere to get one. I want it delivered NIB straight to my door.
No matter what anyone says, I just don't get the resistance to a Vault. Makes no sense to me. There is obvious demand, not from you, but from a lot of others.
I don't run around putting 21 pins in my collection. I have one, maybe two at most. I purchase very infrequently. I'd rather just buy new and have it shipped straight to my door versus driving all day and dealing with someone I don't know.

Alot of what you are saying here is wrong.......no one likes to drive, and most like NIB. But if you quantify what would likely come on a vault vs. what it would likely cost, it just doesn't add up. Part of this hobby is buying from other pinheads, and can say I've made plenty of pinbuds in the process.

qualifying someone by the amount of pins they have is also wrong, imho...many don't even post their #'s anymore for this very reason.

Hope for your loaded Tron VE, fresh to your door for $5500.00.....zero problems from me on that.....maybe it happens, probably not. But maybe not so harsh on people who own the game, or have a different take......

#192 5 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

I honestly am fine if Stern vaults anything. ACDC? Sure. SpiderMan? OK. Star Trek? A bit too soon I guess, but sure go for it. TRON or LOTR? Awesome. They can vault whatever and I would not say 'No' or say it should NOT be done.
Can some one that does not want the TRON vault tell me why it is so bad? The ones I have seen are:
1. You don't need a vault you can find one now? That's how I did it.
Then why did we see the other vaults, and the success of the remakes. For the record I love the remakes too.
2. It is gluttonous to have more TRONs in the market.
Ok, not going even address this one -jeez.
3. It takes up line space for others to be made.
I can understand this one, but I don't think it should be a reason to stop a vault from being made.
I would think current owners would care less about the vault since they already own it. If that is the case I would think they would have the 'who cares' instead of the 'No' answer. I also don't think it is the worry over the value of their current pin. At least, I don't think so. Anyone that opposes TRON vault want to give a reason why they feel that way? Other than #1?
Any others?

spot on, and my answer would be "I don't care because I have one already", not "no"....unfortunately, only choices were "yes" and "yes"...a speculation (maybe meant in fun) thread.....anyway....out

#193 5 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Hope for your loaded Tron VE, fresh to your door for $5500.00.....zero problems from me on that.....maybe it happens, probably not.

Very few are expecting 5500 vaults I would think. I too hope we get a TRON vault for other pinheads that don't have it, and like you also think it probably won't happen

#194 5 years ago

Well, Stern is certainly happy to see this thread come up quarterly, although I doubt they view it as market research.

In answer to Goronic's challenge, I can't come up with any "other" reasons not to vault the Pro's, but I would think that vaulting an LE would be the end of the LE's.

#195 5 years ago
Quoted from jkleinnd:

Well, Stern is certainly happy to see this thread come up quarterly, although I doubt they view it as market research.
In answer to Goronic's challenge, I can't come up with any "other" reasons not to vault the Pro's, but I would think that vaulting an LE would be the end of the LE's.

Agree. The TRON vault should not - will not - be a rerun of the LE. The vault version will be different for sure, how much who knows.

#197 5 years ago

If the 2 choices for this thread are "Yes" and "Yes" isn't that a nice hint that this is a thread for people that really want a Tron Vault... not for people that don't?

#199 5 years ago

One thing is for sure. TRON vault is undoubtedly by far the most requested vault by pinside. Countless threads, over years and years. To the point of being saturated with 'beating a dead horse' gifs and the like. It has been, and continues to be, THE vault that is practically begged for by pinsiders.

The other frequent pin request that is a distant second is Jaws. And for the life of me I am amazed that Stern has made neither. Almost funny how stern isn't making them.

#200 5 years ago

What I think is funny about this thread is if Stern doesn’t release a VE then life goes on as we know it and people will always have the “what if” dream...

But

If stern DOES release a Tron VE, the amount of shit taking and “I told you so’s” owed to the neigh-sayers of this thread will more than likely break pinside for a day.

Bring on the VE!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Disk war combatant Pre-order!
RamMods

$ 6.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
PFX Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 8.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 350.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 14.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

Trade
$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 99.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

$ 109.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

10,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Willington, DE
8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Venice, FL
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 707 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 15.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tron-ve-in-2019/page/4 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.