Topic poll

“Tron VE in 2019?”

• Yes 155 votes
    79%
  • Yes 41 votes
    21%

(196 votes)

Topic Gallery

There have been 28 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

pinsidetron (resized).png
20200220_164026 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
DEB5822F-950C-49C8-B1EA-D6CC0FD74F20 (resized).jpeg
20200121_172917 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_2493 (resized).jpeg
1168CCBC-2C99-4814-AFA2-40C0104EF169 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20191230-233655_Google (resized).jpg
F0B429A5-1203-467A-958D-F6218CA5E61B (resized).png
Stern Zeppelin.png
FB1A8FCB-C879-405A-AE54-EC591A0BDD75 (resized).jpeg
STERN PINBALL TRON VE PROMO (resized).png
89E9290F-7271-4F1B-B8E3-F26E72C0542E (resized).jpeg
maxresdefault (resized).jpg
20190610_153010 (resized).jpg

There are 604 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 13.
#101 1 year ago

I've seen an LE once.... Back in 2012 in a bar in Brooklyn. The tilt set up was crazy sensitive. Never was able to play a decent ball.

One day....

#102 1 year ago
Quoted from Coolpinballdino:

I would be interested if they brighten the game up by adding the fiber optic lights on the ramp and more of a cooler light show because tron legacy is one of my favorite movies it's so bright with a great light show in the movie. When i play a normal tron pro it usually looks dark with no cool light show.

TimeBandit's Total Lightshow package accomplishes exactly what you want. It features fiber optic ramps and an amazing custom coded lightshow, all perfectly synced to the game ...

#103 1 year ago
Quoted from Goronic:

Also, IF stern does a TRON vault most people won't care about the original LE model...

Such a petty comment...TRON LE rocks, no matter how much you'd like to see it be diminished!

#104 1 year ago

I just don't get what Stern is waiting for. They vaulted Star Trek when noone was asking for it. People are begging for Tron.

#105 1 year ago
Quoted from fattdirk:

I just don't get what Stern is waiting for. They vaulted Star Trek when noone was asking for it. People are begging for Tron.

Dealers/buyers were asking for it. Stern doesn’t just make shit on a whim. Most often they make what’s ALREADY sold.

#106 1 year ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Dealers/buyers were asking for it. Stern doesn’t just make shit on a whim. Most often they make what’s ALREADY sold.

Exactly. Otherwise we'd see a Mustang VE or worse... a WWE VE.

#107 1 year ago
Quoted from fattdirk:

disney license I would think. Disney wants too much?

#108 1 year ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Such a petty comment...TRON LE rocks, no matter how much you'd like to see it be diminished!

TRON LE is in my top 3 favorite pins.

#109 1 year ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Maybe this will clear it up. My other favorite pin is MB. Now that the MBr is out I would rather get the MBr and have no interest in getting the original at all.

#110 1 year ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Yea but the original iron man didn't sell a lot and they still vaulted that one.

#111 1 year ago

Just produce Tron as a regular pro and charge pro prices. Everyone will mod the shit out of it anyway. If they want premium pricing then I’m out, you can buy used Trons now for just below premium prices and in some cases frickin LE prices. It’s rediculous.

#112 1 year ago
Quoted from foureyedcharlie:

Disney World has started construction on a new Tron ride........ they are going to need some new Pinball

Hopefully Stern can get the new Trons on the line in time for the grand opening

Kids are going to get SO high before riding this.....
WDWTRMK78987352 (resized).jpgkgdfjhgru57987605-624x352 (resized).jpg

#113 1 year ago

Shanghai Disneyland already has a Tron roller coaster.

#114 1 year ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Hopefully Stern can get the new Trons on the line in time for the grand opening
Kids are going to get SO high before riding this.....

I wish Disney would show as much dedication to getting a new Tron movie out as they have with these roller coasters. One more movie is really needed in that series. I really enjoyed Legacy.

I think that whether Tron VE comes in 2019 depends on how well the newer cornerstone titles do sales wise. If sales are not strong and they need to supplement the line and have access to the Tron license (none of us actually know how their licensing agreement works, just speculation from everyone who hasn’t actually read one of their license agreements)...then we will see a Tron VE.

#115 1 year ago

No LCD with video clips?

Then don't bother

#116 1 year ago
Quoted from iceman44:

No LCD with video clips?
Then don't bother

Pretty much dead on Ice

#117 1 year ago
Quoted from AUKraut:

That didn't stop Stern from vaulting Star Trek, no one was looking for that one.
Lately Stern has seems to have moved to two different types of vaults: one that is 100% identical to the original, and one that is "improved". If they do produce a TRON vault, which one will it be??

Perhaps they had leftover parts so 'vaulting' ST was just clearing inventory.

Quoted from stretch2:

Chatter is that it is not happening....

If/When you start seeing games being unloaded, you will know it's coming. That happened with IMVE and NIB ACDC Luci.

Rob

#118 1 year ago

Hope they do...Tron ia an awesome game. On the other hand (in my opinion) TSPP is a boring clunk fest!

#119 1 year ago
Quoted from yuriijos:

Just produce Tron as a regular pro and charge pro prices. Everyone will mod the shit out of it anyway. If they want premium pricing then I’m out, you can buy used Trons now for just below premium prices and in some cases frickin LE prices. It’s rediculous.

I like your thinking on this !! - My only preference/change would be metal ramps-habitrails as I prefer their looks and speed.

#120 1 year ago

So out of curiosity I searched in the marketplace for a Tron. There is one listed and the asking price is 8400. So tell me, where are all these available Trons you speak of?? 7K for a pro with some dolls glued to it is absurd.

#121 1 year ago
Quoted from fattdirk:

So out of curiosity I searched in the marketplace for a Tron. There is one listed and the asking price is 8400. So tell me, where are all these available Trons you speak of?? 7K for a pro with some dolls glued to it is absurd.

Here is one in Colorado Springs CO for $7250

cosprings.craigslist.org link

#122 1 year ago

About a month ago several were in the marketplace at 7k ish. I know you don’t always get your money back for mods but most of those pros had 2-3 thousand dollars in mods.

#123 1 year ago
Quoted from fattdirk:

I’d sell my HUO Tron pro with all the major mods for $7200 (color DMD, shaker, color light ramps, pinbits plastic set, art blades, full LEDs with OCD controller, lighted flipper buttons, mod-father shooter knob, cliffies, arcade mod, Clue and 2 chick translight). It’s 100% like new, low plays first owner.

PM me if interested.

#124 1 year ago

Damn Rai stepping it up. You say where are the 7k trons fattdirk? There you go. Haha

#125 1 year ago

Low-plays, single owner with well over 2k in great mods for $7,200 is a very fair deal (and no way a VE would touch it). If I didn't already own a Pro and an LE I'd be a buyer. I will likely sell my Pro over the next 6 months and will price is similarly.

This silly obsession with "new". Has anyone noticed that Stern's games are more cheaply built now?? I understand why folks like CGC's B/W remakes, since most non-restored AFM/MB's are beat-up. Finding HUO Stern's manufactured after 2000 just isn't that hard.

#126 1 year ago

Guys waiting for the vault thinking 7k is absurd or inflated for the pros on the market need to give up the dream and just grab one . I bought my first NIB tron pro in 2012 payed $4,300 plus $200 shipping add $2,000 or $,3000 in mods gives you 6.5 to 7.5k tied up so not really cutting a fat hog on this one

#127 1 year ago
Quoted from plowpusher:

Guys waiting for the vault thinking 7k is absurd or inflated for the pros on the market need to give up the dream and just grab one . I bought my first NIB tron pro in 2012 payed $4,300 plus $200 shipping add $2,000 or $,3000 in mods gives you 6.5 to 7.5k tied up so not really cutting a fat hog on this one

Couldn't agree more...here is another "data point": I bought my TRON Pro 6/12/2013 for $5,300 from the original owner (250 plays). Had ~$1000 in mods when I purchased it (3D/chick translites, arcade mod, hallmark lit cycles, rails, LED's). I added another 1k in mods (ColorDMD, ramp lights, Titans, etc.). Paid $400 in shipping. So I have ~$6,700 in it. I've owned it almost 6 years and if I sold it for 7k I'd make a whopping $300

If Stern did a vault, street price would likely be close to a Premium and you'd have to go out and spend 1-2k on mods. If the vaults somehow bundled the 2k in mods most folks love, it would be closer to an LE price.

#128 1 year ago

Well maybe some of us would like to start with a fresh, brand new, unplayed pin and do our own mods. Plus the other countless reasons, a pin that's 6+ years old is not new anymore and shouldn't command new prices, but that's the upside down world of pinball I guess. I also am tired of driving all over the place and hauling a pin out of some guys gameroom, easier for me to just buy a new one and save my time and gas money. I've never enjoyed 15 hour road trips to get a pin. Then there is the thing that gets repeated endlessly on pinside - you shouldn't expect to get your money back on mods. The more I read this thread the more I am convinced we absolutely need a Vault of Tron.

#129 1 year ago

I also remember people bashing everyone hoping for an AC/DC Vault. Then I took a Stern factory tour and they told me AC/DC Vault would be out the next year. Came to Pinside to share that info and I got crapped on and told it would never happen. Why are current owners so afraid of a Vault?

#130 1 year ago
Quoted from pcprogrammer:

I also remember people bashing everyone hoping for an AC/DC Vault. Then I took a Stern factory tour and they told me AC/DC Vault would be out the next year. Came to Pinside to share that info and I got crapped on and told it would never happen. Why are current owners so afraid of a Vault?

Why?? Let’s see, before Luci Vault. They were pulling in as high as $8000. Now I seen them as low as $6000. That’s why.

#131 1 year ago

Luci vaults were done to use up all the old sam system parts before they made the switch to spike . Now to vault the trons not so simple

#132 1 year ago
Quoted from plowpusher:

Luci vaults were done to use up all the old sam system parts before they made the switch to spike . Now to vault the trons not so simple

Luckily, I guess they saved some SAM stuff to do the ST Premium and pro vaults last year (sarcasm).

#133 1 year ago
Quoted from plowpusher:

Ordering their old board sets for another run of anything is easy for them. This is not a barrier at all for them.

#134 1 year ago

Well maybe some of us would like to start with a fresh, brand new, unplayed pin and do our own mods. Plus the other countless reasons, a pin that's 6+ years old is not new anymore and shouldn't command new prices, but that's the upside down world of pinball I guess. I also am tired of driving all over the place and hauling a pin out of some guys gameroom, easier for me to just buy a new one and save my time and gas money. I've never enjoyed 15 hour road trips to get a pin. Then there is the thing that gets repeated endlessly on pinside - you shouldn't expect to get your money back on mods. The more I read this thread the more I am convinced we absolutely need a Vault of Tron.

Blah, blah. I've owned a boatload of pin "over 6 years old" that were far better than what's being produced by Stern today. You obviously don't know the pinball market very well and are naive about the amazing job most collectors do with their games. So many games that are dialed in and babied. OTOH, when you unbox a new game, all bets are off. IMDN for example...

whatever...

#135 1 year ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Blah, blah. I've owned a boatload of pin "over 6 years old" that were far better than what's being produced by Stern today. You obviously don't know the pinball market very well and are naive about the amazing job most collectors do with their games. So many games that are dialed in and babied. OTOH, when you unbox a new game, all bets are off. IMDN for example...
whatever...

Maybe I simply don't want your game, or anyone else's used Tron. Maybe I just want a brand new one. Not seeing the issue here. You seem to think buying a used one should be the only option for anyone wanting a Tron?

#136 1 year ago

I've owned an HUO STTNG with only 300 plays, so yea, I know how well an older pin can be maintained.

I still would rather just have a new Tron shipped to my door!

#137 1 year ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

Why?? Let’s see, before Luci Vault. They were pulling in as high as $8000. Now I seen them as low as $6000. That’s why.

Yea, we all really know the reason why, they are afraid their Pro's modded out with 3K in mods will take a hit on resale. I just say don't worry about it, most lose some $$$ on a NIB purchase anyway and most lose on mods, I'm not approaching things with worry about resale or how much I'll get for my mods. It's funny because everyone was downvoting that guy with the overpriced modded out MET ad recently but a tron with a seller wanting to get back most of his 3K in mods is accepted?

#138 1 year ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Ordering their old board sets for another run of anything is easy for them. This is not a barrier at all for them.

Thats good to know as my distro told me this so hope the vault happens for you guys wanting a new tron you will enjoy it

#139 1 year ago
Quoted from plowpusher:

Thats good to know as my distro told me this so hope the vault happens for you guys wanting a new tron you will enjoy it

“Distros” want you buying games they have in stock, not waiting around for some
Valut edition that may never come.

#140 1 year ago

Btw, Stern has a loophole. The Tron LE’s were labeled ‘premiums’ on the shipping boxes. Never called an LE except by us.

Bought mine for $5500 nib in 2011. Fun pin, but was happy to move on. I would never pay $7 grand + for one now.

#141 1 year ago

For the most part the people that say we don’t need a TRON vault are owners of it already. Yes, YOU don’t want the vault - you already own it - however some very much do. After MMr, AFMr, MBr, and several vaults done already you can see why TRON pin fans (that don’t have it) are excited for a vault version of TRON. Why try and stomp out that enthusiasm after the remake and vault history we have seen so far?

#142 1 year ago

....and a remake would allow another batch of ramps to be made.....

#143 1 year ago
Quoted from vid1900:

....and a remake would allow another batch of ramps to be made.....

Good point ... and maybe extra higher res play fields - whatever it takes man.

#144 1 year ago

Maybe I simply don't want your game, or anyone else's used Tron. Maybe I just want a brand new one. Not seeing the issue here. You seem to think buying a used one should be the only option for anyone wanting a Tron?

Mine isn't for sale. You seem to have a comprehension problem. I'll try one last time. NIB games have become a crap shoot. When you purchase a game from a reputable Pinsider, the games are often dialed in and known to have 0 issues. What's so hard to understand?

Have fun waiting for your "brand new", yet-to-be-announced TRON VE!

#145 1 year ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Mine isn't for sale. You seem to have a comprehension problem. I'll try one last time. NIB games have become a crap shoot. When you purchase a game from a reputable Pinsider, the games are often dialed in and known to have 0 issues. What's so hard to understand?

No need to be so negative. I want a new one, not a used one. Simple. What's so hard to comprehend about that one?

"NIB games have become a crap shoot"

In your opinion.

I've never had any issues at all with the NIB games I've purchased. I've had issues with all the used games I've purchased.

You can have problems with a NIB or used game.

#146 1 year ago
Quoted from snaroff:

"Have fun waiting for your "brand new", yet-to-be-announced AC/DC VE!"

Sounds like a similar response I was getting when I knew for a fact that AC/DC was coming 1 year before it came out.

For the record, I've never claimed that Tron VE will actually come out, I have no idea if it ever will. Just wishful thinking here. This is the only NIB pin I'd purchase, nothing else right now interests me.

#147 1 year ago
Quoted from Goronic:

Also, IF stern does a TRON vault most people won't care about the original LE model...

Don’t think that will be the case but you are entitled to your opinion even if it is wrong...

#148 1 year ago
Quoted from stretch2:

Don’t think that will be the case but you are entitled to your opinion even if it is wrong...

You may be wrong for all I know, but you may be right

#149 1 year ago
Quoted from Goronic:

You may be wrong for all I know, but you may be right

He rode his lightcycle in the rain....

#150 1 year ago
Quoted from vid1900:

He rode his lightcycle in the rain....

..And you told me not to drive
But I made it home alive,
So you said that only proves that I'm insane..

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 79.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Arcade Upkeep
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 26.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
$ 279.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
There are 604 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 13.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside