pasted_image (resized).png
DEB5822F-950C-49C8-B1EA-D6CC0FD74F20 (resized).jpeg
20200121_172917 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_2493 (resized).jpeg
1168CCBC-2C99-4814-AFA2-40C0104EF169 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20191230-233655_Google (resized).jpg
F0B429A5-1203-467A-958D-F6218CA5E61B (resized).png
There are 707 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 15.
#51 5 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

I thought during a press conference Stern said "no more Tron"

where is that?

#52 5 years ago
Quoted from Deez:

where is that?

Right before they said bm66 would get updates every 2 weeks and right after they said they're almost ready to release the spike schematics

#53 5 years ago
Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

Tron Vault would not command premium money. It is a very simple BOM .

Please tell us what the BOM is for Tron and compare it to the BOM on other makes and models.

Thanks!

#54 5 years ago

Can we get a coil count here please?

#55 5 years ago
Quoted from Riffbear:

They can't do lighted ramps.. Thats an LE exclusive.

The Stern Matrix says **subject to adjustment** Tron is old. Stern will do what sells. +LCD screen.

#56 5 years ago
Quoted from Deez:

where is that?

Also after 500 Munster LEs turned to 600 overnight..

#57 5 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Stern announced in a press conference that the new games will have a coil count limited to 8.

#58 5 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Also after 500 Munster LEs turned to 600 overnight..

Scandal!!

#59 5 years ago

Simpsons will never happen. The game is around $4500 now used. Assuming they can relicense all the assets / actor callouts, etc and the VE comes out at $6500 minimum. Makes no sense. VE games need to be going for something within a reasonable range of the used prices.

#60 5 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Has there ever been a Tron VE thread where someone tells us how low the BOM of Tron is but can't actually cite even a ballpark on what it is or how much cheaper it is than any other game?

What is it about Tron that gives people BOM fever?

#61 5 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Right before they said bm66 would get updates every 2 weeks and right after they said they're almost ready to release the spike schematics

Yep have also heard the same thing.
Not going to happen.

I hope not anyway.

#62 5 years ago

Wow, look at that poll. 52 yeses and 0 noes so far!

Screenshot_20190201-143015_Chrome.jpgScreenshot_20190201-143015_Chrome.jpg
#63 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Has there ever been a Tron VE thread where....

Like clockwork

#64 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Has there ever been a Tron VE thread where someone tells us how low the BOM of Tron is but can't actually cite even a ballpark on what it is or how much cheaper it is than any other game?

$3763.27.

I came to that conclusion by trying to remember exactly what a Tron looks like from memory, I saw one in person once years ago, and by typing a random value.

#65 5 years ago

Well, count me in for a Tron. I love the theme and that's what is important to me, it's fun to play with great code. All the rumored themes coming in 2019 from Stern don't interest me.

#66 5 years ago

TRON VE threads amuse me. The run hot and people get excited and hopeful. Then people come to in and try to cool it off by saying people really don’t want it because you can find one now, or people won’t pay 7k for a vault.

When I checked last year TRON is the most requested by search results in thread followed by LOTR.

I would/will by a TRON VE at up to 8k with an lcd.

#67 5 years ago

VEs are reruns of older games to keep the line moving and to satisfy demand of older titles. They can put an older title back on the line because they have the tooling and there's no new development needed. The most we can expect, in terms of new, on a Tron VE is a display panel decal since the later runs of IM and MET and others have added one. The only exception was Spidey since the Toby movies were old and Sony had moved on to Andrew Garfield, at that point. It was premium priced because the amount of "stuff" in the game was over what Pros get these days. If Tron VE happens, it'll be a Pro with LEDs in the new cabinet/backbox.

#68 5 years ago
Quoted from YZRider926:

$3763.27.
I came to that conclusion by trying to remember exactly what a Tron looks like from memory, I saw one in person once years ago, and by typing a random value.

I thought Tron had like 50 bucks worth of plastic and metal in it, another few hundred bucks for boards and the cabinet.

Come on Stern...it's a No-Brainer!!!

#69 5 years ago
Quoted from Azmodeus:

I wonder if I will be less obsessed with tron when I own one...

Nope, I was obsessed before and I’m still obsessed now!

#70 5 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

TRON VE threads amuse me. The run hot and people get excited and hopeful. Then people come to in and try to cool it off by saying people really don’t want it because you can find one now, or people won’t pay 7k for a vault.
When I checked last year TRON is the most requested by search results in thread followed by LOTR.
I would/will by a TRON VE at up to 8k with an lcd.

Agreed. We're told there are enough of them but are asked to pay 7K or higher for a used Pro? If I'm going to spend 7K I'd rather just put it towards a brand new one.

#71 5 years ago
Quoted from pcprogrammer:

Agreed. We're told there are enough of them but are asked to pay 7K or higher for a used Pro? If I'm going to spend 7K I'd rather just put it towards a brand new one.

Fuckin A

#72 5 years ago

In one of the recent videos/interviews with Lyman Tron code came up and if he would make another update. I got the impression that he caught himself from saying something regarding Tron release.

#73 5 years ago

One of the Head to Head Pinball Podcast indicated a he was hearing a Vault but with new art and for this year.

#74 5 years ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

Sterns most requested vault.. Tron
2nd most requested.. TSPP
I sincerely hope Stern make both of them!

I think you mean
#1 Tron
#2 LOTR
#3 TSPP.

#75 5 years ago
Quoted from PinBalt:

One of the Head to Head Pinball Podcast indicated a he was hearing a Vault but with new art and for this year.

I don't care if it has new art or if they keep the same. But I won't buy it if they change the music, has to be Daft Punk.

#76 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Just curious.... Why Simpsons? Easily obtainable, price is still very reasonable, etc

I have yet to see a nice one, pristine. Most are kinda beat up and the cabinets are faded. I'm pretty picky about what I buy...

#77 5 years ago

At the prices Tron and LOTR go on the market nowadays it seems vault editions would be a good idea.

#78 5 years ago

Tron is so good I might buy a VE and put it next to my Pro

#79 5 years ago
Quoted from britrex1:

I think they should do a Tron premium with the lighted rails and the Daft Punk multi-ball. The LE's would still have the signed playfield, the chrome trim, and the 3D translite to set them apart so no harm done!

Not accurate. All Tron 1st runs (LE and Pro) had the 3D translight. Anyone can add chrome trim and only the first couple dozen had signed PF's.

I'm all for a Tron VE and would be happy to see it with ramp lights, drops and moving recognizer.

I'd be lying if them adding Daft Punk MB wouldn't get under my skin a bit.

#80 5 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

All Tron 1st runs (LE and Pro) had the 3D translight

Didn't the LE's come with a mirrored backglass?

I've owned Tron twice and if they came out with a vault with different art I'd probably buy one, depending on price. Tron is just that good.

#81 5 years ago

All this TRON talk inspired me. Reached Portal (a rare event for me, played Daft Punk MB (aka End-Of-Line MB). What a blast.

IMG_1246 (resized).jpegIMG_1246 (resized).jpeg
#82 5 years ago
Quoted from BillySastard:

Didn't the LE's come with a mirrored backglass?
I've owned Tron twice and if they came out with a vault with different art I'd probably buy one, depending on price. Tron is just that good.

Nope. Same as the pro. I agree though. I waited 3 years for a VE and gave in and bought my LE when a deal came up I couldn't pass up. Best 28 hour round trip road trip of my life.

#83 5 years ago

A TRON Vault - Converted to Spike 2 with full LCD support with licensed movie footage and theme - appropriate art style, upgraded sound system, RGB lighting, lit ramps, etc would sell at 10k all day long. probably more if they limited it.

As a matter of fact, Stern could take Vault to a new level - a "Boutique Vault Edition" or something exclusive thats limited to 250 machines as described above with the full Spike conversion...they would sell all 250 at $15,000 in less than a week.

#84 5 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

I think you mean
#1 Tron
#2 LOTR
#3 TSPP.

Yes correct. I forgot about LOTR

#85 5 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

Not accurate. All Tron 1st runs (LE and Pro) had the 3D translight. Anyone can add chrome trim and only the first couple dozen had signed PF's.
I'm all for a Tron VE and would be happy to see it with ramp lights, drops and moving recognizer.
I'd be lying if them adding Daft Punk MB wouldn't get under my skin a bit.

I'm sure it was only the first 50 were signed.. Both the LE's i have owned were signed.

#86 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Just curious.... Why Simpsons? Easily obtainable, price is still very reasonable, etc

Because this is the hobby now. People only buy games new in a box. No one searches them out or works on/shops out their own games anymore.

This will be great in the future for those of us who like to buy cheaper & fix...when the current type of newb collectors finally get bored or don't want to bother fixing their games, they'll all get blown out on the 2nd hand market for way cheaper.

#87 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

It's just a fact of the era when it came out. You had games with lots of custom mechs and expensive features that didn't sell. Then came the Borg-only era of 2009-2011. NBA = remake of Space Jam with less stuff. Iron Man = Remake of Austin Powers with less stuff. Tron = No unique playfield mechs at all...just a spinning disc. Avatar, BBH, Rolling Stones...all relatively simplistic games that were quick to design, cheap to make.

For the record, I find all of these games a lot of fun to play...so I'm not ripping on them in that respect...but they were much cheaper on R&D and BOM than the games that came before it like BDK, WOF, FGY, POTC, SM.

#88 5 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

I thought during a press conference Stern said "no more Tron"

I dunno, heard they hired a new line supervisor.

F192950A-A0B0-46E7-820D-19463111CD55 (resized).jpegF192950A-A0B0-46E7-820D-19463111CD55 (resized).jpeg
#89 5 years ago
Quoted from Dkjimbo:

As a matter of fact, Stern could take Vault to a new level - a "Boutique Vault Edition" or something exclusive thats limited to 250 machines as described above with the full Spike conversion...they would sell all 250 at $15,000 in less than a week.

Didn't they already do that with Batman the Dark Knight and Batman 66????

#90 5 years ago

I would like a tron outfit. For Halloween. Need to watch the original. I bet Veronica has never seen it!

Watch me slide us into a tron at home...

#91 5 years ago

I would bet that the next 2 vault machines will be Tron, LOTR , and Pirates OTC since those machines are the ones selling at a price much higher than they were when they were originally released ... They will sell more Tron and LOTR machines now then they did when they were originally released ...

#92 5 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

Didn't they already do that with Batman the Dark Knight and Batman 66????

Good point! definately can look at it that way. It gets a little "grey" since BM66 was a partial redesign of the actual playfield whereas i think everyone wants the TRON layout to remain untouched but yes, at least BM66 is precedent to show that they can do something like this.

#93 5 years ago
Quoted from Manny10:

I would bet that the next 2 vault machines will be Tron, LOTR , and Pirates OTC since those machines are the ones selling at a price much higher than they were when they were originally released ... They will sell more Tron and LOTR machines now then they did when they were originally released ...

Tron and LOTR makes sense but i think the world has enough POTC pins....total fatigue at this point. The new JJP has soft sales and reception, the Stern version is pretty dated and selling around 4000-4500....no comparison to the potential as a Vault for Tron or LOTR.

#94 5 years ago

People expect a Tron VE with LE features for Ironman vault prices.

#95 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

I’ve heard this before and I don’t see it. There’s actually no TSPP on pinside right not, and having been in the market for one, those that do show up in various markets are snatched quickly if prices right or ...8k+ demand.

It’s a great machine but I don’t think 8 grand is very reasonable, at least not on my budget.

#96 5 years ago
Quoted from Yokimato:

I’ve heard this before and I don’t see it. There’s actually no TSPP on pinside right not, and having been in the market for one, those that do show up in various markets are snatched quickly if prices right or ...8k+ demand.
It’s a great machine but I don’t think 8 grand is very reasonable, at least not on my budget.

TSPP is an extremely expensive pin to build...built before Stern sharpened the pencil. IMHO, one of the best built Stern's ever made...the quality of all the toys is first rate. TSPP and LOTR were my first 2 pins (back in 2004). Still have LOTR, but sold TSPP a long time ago...

Very highly unlikely to ever be vaulted. If Stern decided to bring it back, they would charge LE prices or cheapen it.

#97 5 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

TSPP is an extremely expensive pin to build...built before Stern sharpened the pencil. IMHO, one of the best built Stern's ever made...the quality of all the toys is first rate. TSPP and LOTR were my first 2 pins (back in 2004). Still have LOTR, but sold TSPP a long time ago...
Very highly unlikely to ever be vaulted. If Stern decided to bring it back, they would charge LE prices or cheapen it.

Good point; and potentially still unavailable to me personally, but for others it’s likely easier to justify the price on a brand new machine and not one that’s now 16 years used.

#98 5 years ago

Disney World has started construction on a new Tron ride........ they are going to need some new Pinballs.

#99 5 years ago
Quoted from chooch:

People expect a Tron VE with LE features for Ironman vault prices.

No, they want a TRON VE and will pay premium prices. Stern knows if they make a badass TRON vault it will do very very well. People should know by now that Stern isn't going to just run a TRON Pro and charge 5500. Those days are gone.

#100 5 years ago

Also, IF stern does a TRON vault most people won't care about the original LE model...

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
PFX Pinball Mods

$ 8.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 109.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 14.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Venice, FL
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Trade
10,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Willington, DE
$ 350.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 99.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 6.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Disk war combatant Pre-order!
RamMods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 707 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 15.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tron-ve-in-2019/page/2?hl=yokimato and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.