pasted_image (resized).png
DEB5822F-950C-49C8-B1EA-D6CC0FD74F20 (resized).jpeg
20200121_172917 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_2493 (resized).jpeg
1168CCBC-2C99-4814-AFA2-40C0104EF169 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20191230-233655_Google (resized).jpg
F0B429A5-1203-467A-958D-F6218CA5E61B (resized).png
There are 707 posts in this topic. You are on page 14 of 15.
#651 3 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

All talk of the transcript was making it sound like tron but not a “sequel” of legacy. Just a movie about something in the universe.

It's Tron!! Close enough!

#652 3 years ago
Quoted from Saltimbanco:

It's Tron!! Close enough!

Hahah, how could you do tron without gem and quorra

#653 3 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

Hahah, how could you do tron without gem and quorra

I don't think you have to do Gem and Quorra - but I sure would! (giggity)

#654 3 years ago

Personally I hope they never do TRON VE or LOTR VE, it just keeps the myth alive. Seeing a Tron in the wild is just magical. Same with Big Bang Bar and even Aliens.

If they do a complete new TRON 3, now that would be something!

1 week later
#655 3 years ago

Still hoping Stern will vault Tron, agree they could do a full new Tron 3, or based it on Tron Uprising, with cartoonish approach like the new Avengers..

#656 3 years ago
Quoted from Saltimbanco:

Still hoping Stern will vault Tron, agree they could do a full new Tron 3, or based it on Tron Uprising, with cartoonish approach like the new Avengers..

I'd be happy with the original Tron layout, foil cabinet decals, new cabinet and LCD display. That's my wish!

#657 3 years ago
Quoted from ahdelarge:

I'd be happy with the original Tron layout, foil cabinet decals, new cabinet and LCD display. That's my wish!

I agree. IF they vault it I would like an updated TRON Legacy pin.

And I doubt 2020 is the year...

#658 3 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

I agree. IF they vault it I would like an updated TRON Legacy pin.
And I doubt 2020 is the year...

That's exactly what I would like, however I have learned to temper my expectations and aim for whatever we could get from Stern at this point! So, anything Tron really, would suit me fine!

#659 3 years ago
Quoted from PeterG:

Personally I hope they never do TRON VE or LOTR VE, it just keeps the myth alive. Seeing a Tron in the wild is just magical. Same with Big Bang Bar and even Aliens.
If they do a complete new TRON 3, now that would be something!

Tron is more for collectors and home players. We have one in the wild and it doesn't get much attention. At least not like you think it would.

#660 3 years ago
Quoted from RustyLizard:

Tron is more for collectors and home players. We have one in the wild and it doesn't get much attention. At least not like you think it would.

I fit the home player category! We rarely see Tron up here in Canuck country. Mostly, I love the theme and big sci-fi fan..

#661 3 years ago

Let them vault the pro all they want. Vaulting the premium will piss off some folks.

#662 3 years ago

I keep seeing wish lists. If they vault it, that means no new features like LCD or lighted ramps. Vault is a rerun of a game, not a newly updated game. You might get metallic decals like Ironman, but you won't get LCD.

#663 3 years ago
Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

I keep seeing wish lists. If they vault it, that means no new features like LCD or lighted ramps. Vault is a rerun of a game, not a newly updated game. You might get metallic decals like Ironman, but you won't get LCD.

Perhaps no LCD, they can upgrade the dmd to blue though & what about when they vaulted AC/DC and added the "swinging bell" to the Pro. So that was originally an exclusive feature of the Premium / LE. It would be the same thing if they added the moving recognizer.

Also Stern can simply introduce it as a premium vault and slap on a 7,699 price tag on them with lighted ramps and a few minor tweaks and they would likely fly off the line. The TRON VE won't happen until likely 2021.

#664 3 years ago
Quoted from mrclean:

Perhaps no LCD, they can upgrade the dmd to blue though & what about when they vaulted AC/DC and added the "swinging bell" to the Pro. So that was originally an exclusive feature of the Premium / LE. It would be the same thing if they added the moving recognizer.
Also Stern can simply introduce it as a premium vault and slap on a 7,699 price tag on them with lighted ramps and a few minor tweaks and they would likely fly off the line. The TRON VE won't happen until likely 2021.

They added that swinging bell to pros before Vault was ever a thing. Once they moved to LEDs and the new cabinet, the next run of ACDC pro had the bell, but was not a Vault.

You won't see lighted ramps and they won't create a premium when there never was one (even though the LE was technically labled premium). Tron pro is all they will Vault, IF they do. It will be all LED and may have new decals, possibly a new translight, but no ramp lights or extras.

#665 3 years ago

They added that swinging bell to pros before Vault was ever a thing. Once they moved to LEDs and the new cabinet, the next run of ACDC pro had the bell, but was not a Vault.
You won't see lighted ramps and they won't create a premium when there never was one (even though the LE was technically labled premium). Tron pro is all they will Vault, IF they do. It will be all LED and may have new decals, possibly a new translight, but no ramp lights or extras.

Have you not seen the Spiderman Vault?

#666 3 years ago

It needs to be an updated Tron Legacy for sure.

#667 3 years ago
Quoted from ahdelarge:

Have you not seen the Spiderman Vault?

Sure have. That was done based on necessity. Couldn't use the Toby movies any longer, as Andrew Garfield was Sidey at that time and they figured, comic art was the way to go.

#668 3 years ago

So, how do we go about getting a new Tron made, with all of what we want already installed, with added capacity so we can mod later? (E.g. extra harnesses, brackets ready installed, etc.)

Do we come up with a list of names of people that want one? We could give this to Stern's product & development/sales team. Stern could get a deposit process going. With a solid list of buyers with deposits, it could be enough for them to start get this going..

#669 3 years ago
Quoted from Saltimbanco:

So, how do we go about getting a new Tron made, with all of what we want already installed, with added capacity so we can mod later? (E.g. extra harnesses, brackets ready installed, etc.)
Do we come up with a list of names of people that want one? We could give this to Stern's product & development/sales team. Stern could get a deposit process going. With a solid list of buyers with deposits, it could be enough for them to start get this going..

Stern knows we want a Tron vault.

#670 3 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Stern knows we want a Tron vault.

Yes, they know. But they also want us to have a bunch of Avengers, TMNT, etc. We must compel them to go ahead with a Tron reboot. Having hundreds/thousand? of pre-pre-orders with money commitments attached to it conveys that. I'd be willing to sponsor 200-300$ towards making it happen.

#671 3 years ago

Sure have. That was done based on necessity. Couldn't use the Toby movies any longer, as Andrew Garfield was Sidey at that time and they figured, comic art was the way to go.

Actually, I doubt it was quite that exactly. The Screen Actor Guild (SAG) is quite powerful, and contracts over things like the use of actor depictions is tightly controlled by contract. Using actor images depends on the specific contract the actor has with the movie company. The rights to use an actors image beyond marketing of a film sometimes requires a separate contract, possible residual payments, or minimally the permission of the actor. This is one of the reasons #BTTF doesn't feature MJF's image. It is likely that even to use Toby McGuire's image may have required paying him a residual or even a new contract if the old one had lapsed. Using Andrew Garfield et al. would likely have required new contracts depending on their deals with Sony.

Additionally, Spider-man itself has an added wrinkle, Sony owns the picture rights and Marvel/Disney owns the rest. This led to some drama last year over renewing the agreement that allowed Spidey to show up in MCU (and vice-versa). Using comic depictions of Spidey (and many associated friends/foes) only requires Marvel licensing, using movie depictions might require *both* Sony and Marvel licensing (partly controlled by which characters are included, etc).

These are some of the reasons we are unlikely to see a remake of something like #TAF. Even if Williams licensing for the property were still intact *and* that licensing spanned the post-sale Williams dramas, The underlying contracts with the actors probably expired or would require permission/residuals/renegotiation. Now using the images from the 2019 CGI version would be less problematic, but voices would likely need to be re-recorded (again depending on actor contracts).

#672 3 years ago
Quoted from Saltimbanco:

They are not going to change their business model to sell 500 remakes. Tsking deposits would be a major hassle for them. If it makes business sense to them there will maybe be a remake.

#673 3 years ago
Quoted from gecko157:

It needs to be an updated Tron Legacy for sure.

I agree

#674 3 years ago

It’s not Stern’s business model but I would put a $1000 towards a deposit on a Tron VE. Hell I would just pay for it in full ahead of time if it meant they were going to vault it.

They know we want it, we have been begging for years for it to be vaulted.

Sadly as more time goes on the less likely I think it is to happen.

#675 3 years ago

I bet they have all of the parts to vault several games. They will pull the trigger if there are delays on new launches or if they need to, until that time Tron sits in a bunch of boxes unassembled

#676 3 years ago

With the way Avengers is selling, they don’t need to vault anything. If anything, they should push back their next release a little if sales on Avengers stay healthy.

#677 3 years ago
Quoted from RustyLizard:

They are not going to change their business model to sell 500 remakes. Tsking deposits would be a major hassle for them. If it makes business sense to them there will maybe be a remake.

I'm putting out feelers, obviously having hundreds of people willing to fork out money would not be the only thing Stern may consider. If you're here on this post, it's because you want a Tron to be vaulted, right? I'm just saying we can have a thousand post talking about it, it won't make any difference. Write to Stern with a thousand names and $ commitments, they will start to do more than just know we want one. People do online start ups for less than that. Or let's all wait for Avengers' 13th Edition..

#678 3 years ago
Quoted from Saltimbanco:

I'm putting out feelers, obviously having hundreds of people willing to fork out money would not be the only thing Stern may consider. If you're here on this post, it's because you want a Tron to be vaulted, right? I'm just saying we can have a thousand post talking about it, it won't make any difference. Write to Stern with a thousand names and $ commitments, they will start to do more than just know we want one. People do online start ups for less than that. Or let's all wait for Avengers' 13th Edition..

I just disagree with tha being how it works. I own a nice Tron and can't see them building one that was any better.

I want it vaulted so more people can play a great game. They have read everything on here. Names and deposits won't be the deciding factor.

#679 3 years ago
Quoted from RustyLizard:

I just disagree with tha being how it works. I own a nice Tron and can't see them building one that was any better.
I want it vaulted so more people can play a great game. They have read everything on here. Names and deposits won't be the deciding factor.

We agree on that part: it's a great, beautifully themed game! Wish I had one and waiting for it..

#680 3 years ago
Quoted from Saltimbanco:

Dude stern knows we want it. TRON and LOTR are the most demanded vaults. There have be dozens and dozens of on going TRON Vault threads for years. You’re new so google tron vault pinside and you will see all the threads over the years. They know the demand is there and sending a list of names and money is stupid that isn’t how stern works. They know there is demand. They will either re-up the license and make it or they won’t. All we can do is keep talking about it and wait.

#681 3 years ago
Quoted from gecko157:

Dude stern knows we want it. TRON and LOTR are the most demanded vaults. There have be dozens and dozens of on going TRON Vault threads for years. You’re new so google tron vault pinside and you will see all the threads over the years. They know the demand is there and sending a list of names and money is stupid that isn’t how stern works. They know there is demand. They will either re-up the license and make it or they won’t. All we can do is keep talking about it and wait.

Yes, I'm new to Pinside, I'll look up those posts, tks.

#682 3 years ago

I don’t think stern would need money down to vault TRON, or I would pay in full right now. So I’ll just wait...

#683 3 years ago
Quoted from gecko157:

Good point. We just keep talking about it and it will come.

#684 3 years ago

I would think Stern won't build these as it would mean to the community they will re run everything! This is something they probably don't want as it would ruin the collector aspect in pinball and they too rely on this to a certain extent.

#685 3 years ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

I would think Stern won't build these as it would mean to the community they will re run everything! This is something they probably don't want as it would ruin the collector aspect in pinball and they too rely on this to a certain extent.

I also think the time has past. If they were gonna do it, it would have been done already. Just look at their track record. Have they ever vaulted a title this long after it’s last run? How many years has it been? Tron isn’t relevant (yet) amongst the common person (non pinheads). It also doesn’t do well on location from what I’ve read here. Best bet is an all new Tron after the 3rd movie comes out.

#686 3 years ago

I don't get it ... people have been wishing for a 5th rerun or VE for many years now ...... and Stern has not done it. All that time wasted wishing for a game when a simple WTB Tron ad in the marketplace could have put a nice used one in their lineup years ago.

#687 3 years ago
Quoted from Max_Badazz:

I don't get it ... people have been wishing for a 5th rerun or VE for many years now ...... and Stern has not done it. All that time wasted wishing for a game when a simple WTB Tron ad in the marketplace could have put a nice used one in their lineup years ago.

Maybe those people want a brand new in box game? Maybe they are hoping for updated cabinet art or other features.

I'd love to own Tron again, but I'm not in a rush to seek out a used game. I'm happy to wait and see if there's some kind of Vault Edition of the game. So right now, it's fun to speculate and discuss an awesome pinball machine. There's more of a chance of Stern doing another run of a simple game like Tron, than it is Lord of the Rings. They've re-made Iron Man recently and the two are very similar and both Disney licenses.

#688 3 years ago

I’d love new hand drawn PF art.

#689 3 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I’d love new hand drawn PF art.

Imagine if Tron got the Zombie Yeti treatment..... IMAGINE IT!!!!

#690 3 years ago

How about if one of the other manufacturers license TRON instead ? If stern does not want to revisit I would be happy to see someone else give it a shot. Just keep it flowy and get me that soundtrack again. JJP got pirates.... tron is family friendly theme....maybe a good fit. American pinball, could be a good theme to grab. Probably not as big as avengers, but still a pretty hardcore base.

By the way, all for a vault, but not sure if we are ever going to see it.

#691 3 years ago

Stern is probably building as many pins as they can at the moment but nothing to say they won’t drop something out of the blue, like SW comic (wasn’t expecting that) and that was enough for me to drop money on a nib from Stern first time since STLE.

#692 3 years ago
Quoted from Max_Badazz:

I'm sure there are a lot of people that would love to see Tron get remade but would not buy one. It would be on their wish list but probably buy some other new game first.

#693 3 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

I'm sure there are a lot of people that would love to see Tron get remade but would not buy one. It would be on their wish list but probably buy some other new game first.

Not me...I'll get one for sure - unless they completely F it up

#694 3 years ago
Quoted from ahdelarge:

Maybe those people want a brand new in box game? Maybe they are hoping for updated cabinet art or other features.
I'd love to own Tron again, but I'm not in a rush to seek out a used game. I'm happy to wait and see if there's some kind of Vault Edition of the game. So right now, it's fun to speculate and discuss an awesome pinball machine. There's more of a chance of Stern doing another run of a simple game like Tron, than it is Lord of the Rings. They've re-made Iron Man recently and the two are very similar and both Disney licenses.

Real Talk.
But know, no one can ever own a TRON.
TRON is programmed to own the User.
Opening a NIB TRON is the ultimate libation from the Grid.

#695 3 years ago
Quoted from PaulCoff:

Real Talk.
But know, no one can ever own a TRON.
TRON is programmed to own the User.
Opening a NIB TRON is the ultimate libation from the Grid.

I’m experiencing what you’re coding user

#696 3 years ago

GAME !

#697 3 years ago

I did like the Tron Legacy movie, but not enough to buy the pin (too expensive nowadays).
A "Tron '82" remake with all-new assets would get my $. Game rules and playfield can stay the same, but the art and assets need an upgrade.
My only concern is the new game might feel as spiritless, sterile, and stoic as the movie. Like the new Avengers...

#698 3 years ago

For those saying that there's an abundance of Tron Pro pinball machines in the world, spare a thought for us Aussies.

https://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/condell-park/collectables/tron-pinball-machine/1257841177

$19,900 for a routed Tron Pro with mods. That's roughly $14,000 USD.

#699 3 years ago

There is a new Tron movie already greenlit so why not wait and create an all-new Tron game with clips. I wouldn't want to see a Tron VE game without a full color screen with movie clips. JJP made Hobbit after Stern had dont LOTR. JJP made Pirates after Stern had already done a Pirates. If you believe the rumors that JJP got Avatar that would be yet another game getting a second lease on life within pinball.

Why not a new Tron game that incorporates all three films wrapped around new technology. If Stern or JJP gets their games with wifi Tron is the perfect game to kick it off with!

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt6604188/reference

#700 3 years ago
Quoted from ahdelarge:

For those saying that there's an abundance of Tron Pro pinball machines in the world, spare a thought for us Aussies.
https://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/condell-park/collectables/tron-pinball-machine/1257841177
$19,900 for a routed Tron Pro with mods. That's roughly $14,000 USD.

You could air freight one from the US and even with the conversion rate and all costs included it will still work out thousands cheaper than the gumtree listing.

Wait until Scomo turns off the free money tap and the market will drop back to the norm.

Most people down here currently have more cash at bank than they have ever had in their entire working lives - but it isn't going to last forever.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Disk war combatant Pre-order!
RamMods

$ 6.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
PFX Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 8.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 350.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 14.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

10,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Willington, DE
$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 99.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

$ 109.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Venice, FL
Trade
There are 707 posts in this topic. You are on page 14 of 15.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tron-ve-in-2019/page/14 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.