pasted_image (resized).png
DEB5822F-950C-49C8-B1EA-D6CC0FD74F20 (resized).jpeg
20200121_172917 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_2493 (resized).jpeg
1168CCBC-2C99-4814-AFA2-40C0104EF169 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20191230-233655_Google (resized).jpg
F0B429A5-1203-467A-958D-F6218CA5E61B (resized).png
There are 707 posts in this topic. You are on page 11 of 15.
#501 4 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

From my perspective, the Eli color changing LED work great...never heard anyone complain about them.
Daft Punk MB is really "meh" (unfortunately). I love the idea of custom LE code, but DP MB is a fairly boring MB. They definitely could have done something more snazzy. Almost every JP2 MB is more exciting to play than DP MB. The only exception might be the DP MB audio (which is awesome).
If heavily modded Pro's with the Eli color changing LED's didn't approx. LE features, the LE would be selling for north of 10k. LE street prices have been closer to 8.5-10.5k over the past several years, it seems.
In any event, TRON is one of the best overall packages ever produced...modded Pro's and LE's all rock.

The music and call outs in Daft Punk mb is what makes it so great. The aftermarket el wire that I see on the modified pros does not look nearly as good as the LE stock wire. Not to mention it doesn’t sync up with the modes like the LE does.

#502 4 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

The music and call outs in Daft Punk mb is what makes it so great. The aftermarket el wire that I see on the modified pros does not look nearly as good as the LE stock wire. Not to mention it doesn’t sync up with the modes like the LE does.

LE effects blow away a modded pro. It's a distinct difference. I don't know why anyone is saying it's not.

#503 4 years ago
Quoted from Deez:

LE effects blow away a modded pro. It's a distinct difference. I don't know why anyone is saying it's not.

The difference is minor. As I said in an earlier post, if the LE wire effects were so much better than the aftermarket wire mod, the price gap between heavily modded Pro's and LE's would be more significant (like they were BEFORE the aftermarket color changing wire was introduced).

Since I own both, it's my hands-on opinion. My son and I have put thousands of plays on our TRON's...they are the most played games in our collection.

In any event, you guys are certainly entitled to your opinions!

#504 4 years ago

I owned a modded Tron Pro and a Tron LE, and preferred the looks of the pro. Eli's ramps were more vibrant to me. "Upgrades" didn't make a big difference.

#505 4 years ago

owned both LE and pro - LE is nice but not worth it. And I didn't install those ramps - although people have too much time on their hands to circle another guys ramp lights.

That pro he has is gorgeous and I would take over an LE any day of the week (plus the cash of course). Missed that gem bank shot off the targets.

LE owners - be happy too - it's a great game and one of stern's true LEs. Win win people.

#506 4 years ago

What’s preferable?

1) SAM pro updated to LEDs like IM VE close to Stern pro current price $5600

2) remake with Spike full size LCD display lighted ramps at close to Stern premium price $7200?

#507 4 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Didn't realize the ramps were out of production! Glad the LE I purchased came with a set of new LE ramps...
Might want to contact Marco or Stern to see if they plan on running these again.

The Total Lightshow Tron kit is still being made and supported.

Some feel it is better than the Eli ramps with the software and what it can do. I bought the kit when I purchased my pro 4 months ago but mine already had the old non-color changing blue and orange original aftermarket wires and I've been too busy (lazy?) to install the TLS kit. It is on my to do list but the good thing is my ramps are already cut for the wires so shouldn't be too bad.

The video of the TLS wiring looks pretty cool. Just letting people know that there still is a good Tron ramp wire kit available if they are in the market and need one.

#508 4 years ago

I want a Tron that's not stuck together with spit + chewing gum. Quite a few in UK, but finding one with low plays is a challenge.
I'll wait for a Vault...... if it ever happens, it will be an instant buy. I don't care if it costs the same as a current LCD Spike model etc......
I'd be happy with the original SAM

#509 4 years ago
Quoted from Deez:

I agree - Tron is easy AF.
Now try getting to the Keefer invitational - that's a challenge.

I got....further than I would've expected given that I only owned my WPT for a few months.....about 75%. One time. Never was that close again afterwards LOL.

But it's okay. At some point, I'll get back to my WPT->Voltron retheme, and I PROMISE you that "Defender of the Universe" mode will be just as challenging to get!

#510 4 years ago
Quoted from Sako-TRG:

I want a Tron that's not stuck together with spit + chewing gum. Quite a few in UK, but finding one with low plays is a challenge.
I'll wait for a Vault...... if it ever happens, it will be an instant buy. I don't care if it costs the same as a current LCD Spike model etc......
I'd be happy with the original SAM

If I ever decide to move mine on I will give you a heads up.

Bought with 821 games on it from new, stripped, cleaned & playfield protector added. HUO, added all the usual tasteful mods (which were all available then), etc. It’s genuinely mint. I called it the Pro Pimped Edition

I hope a VE comes along, not that I’d buy it (see above), just nice to see a new pinball get made and the TRON theme back in the mainstream. What’s not to like?!

#511 4 years ago
Quoted from monkeyboypaul:

If I ever decide to move mine on I will give you a heads up.
Bought with 821 games on it from new, stripped, cleaned & playfield protector added. HUO, added all the usual tasteful mods (which were all available then), etc. It’s genuinely mint. I called it the Pro Pimped Edition
I hope a VE comes along, not that I’d buy it (see above), just nice to see a new pinball get made and the TRON theme back in the mainstream. What’s not to like?!

Hmm...let's see...how about Stern quality over the past 5 years or so? The SAM Tron's are rock solid...I've owned 3 (and still own 2). If someone wants a TRON, SAM is the way to go.

#512 4 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Zero reliability. These whiney bitches haven’t shut up about it for about 7 years...they’re still trying to will it into existence instead of just going out and getting a real one that exists.

Guilty. I want a TRON vault please, and thanks!

#513 4 years ago

Nothing wrong with a Tron pro + extra's

Grab one while you can.. I did

20200121_172917 (resized).jpg20200121_172917 (resized).jpg
#514 4 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

There’s no replacing the color changing ramps and Daft Punk multiball. It would be LE or bust for me.

Agreed, plus real drop targets.

There's no modding one's way out of that.

#515 4 years ago

So, we'll see a Tron VE in October this year?

#516 4 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

Meh. I love drop targets, but on this specific game, the switches enable easier GEM bank shots. I own both a Pro and LE and when I’m playing the Pro, I don’t miss the drops at all.

#517 4 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

Actually, you are wrong there... Redshifts ramp kit controls drop targets if you swap in a 4 bank.

4 weeks later
#518 4 years ago

well, let me share this little story :

tonight i dreamed i had bought a TRON "SUPER LE" (dont ask me what is it ! may be because i already got a LE)
the pin was delivered home, i than open the box and install everything, and while i was ready to start playing... WAKE UP !

do we have a psychoanalist on the forum !?

#519 4 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

well, let me share this little story :
tonight i dreamed i had bought a TRON "SUPER LE" (dont ask me what is it ! may be because i already got a LE)
the pin was delivered home, i than open the box and install everything, and while i was ready to start playing... WAKE UP !
do we have a psychoanalist on the forum !?

Alas, I’m now of the opinion this is never going to happen, not in my lifetime

#520 4 years ago
Quoted from Sako-TRG:

Alas, I’m now of the opinion this is never going to happen, not in my lifetime

I am ALMOST there - but then I think it makes too much sense to create a TRON Vault that I go right back to expecting it again.

#521 4 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

I am ALMOST there - but then I think it makes too much sense to create a TRON Vault that I go right back to expecting it again.

You would think with the big Tron Roller coaster in production in Florida....someone would like to see some new Tron Pins dotted around next to it.
Perhaps that would be the driver.....

#522 4 years ago

Speaking of Tron. I got a new record player for Christmas this year and thought I would be able to walk into a store and buy the Tron Legacy soundtrack on vinyl. Oh no. Not at all. They are going for $100+ on ebay. They need to re-release that as a VE.

#523 4 years ago
Quoted from woody24:

Speaking of Tron. I got a new record player for Christmas this year and thought I would be able to walk into a store and buy the Tron Legacy soundtrack on vinyl. Oh no. Not at all. They are going for $100+ on ebay. They need to re-release that as a VE.

WOW

I am getting back into Vinyl myself and didn't even think about the TRON Legacy soundtrack on vinyl. I typically only get Vinyl from when the only medium available was vinyl and it was pressed from actual master tapes used in the recording process. So I get vinyl from about 1980 and before. So I have Pink Floyd, Boston debut, Eagles, Van Halen debut, Beatles, etc. - for the most part 60s and 70s rock. With a few Christmas and country albums here and there.

DEB5822F-950C-49C8-B1EA-D6CC0FD74F20 (resized).jpegDEB5822F-950C-49C8-B1EA-D6CC0FD74F20 (resized).jpeg
#524 4 years ago

People waiting 7+ years for the so called "Tron remake/VE/old movie artwork"
pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

I'd love to see one made, mostly to get rid of these threads

#525 4 years ago
Quoted from Max_Badazz:

People waiting 7+ years for the so called "Tron remake/VE/old movie artwork"
[quoted image]
I'd love to see one made, mostly to get rid of these threads

Hopefully it will be worth the wait. And don't worry, there are plenty of pins and other things to burn money on while we wait

#526 4 years ago

I'd like to see a TRON Vault but only if ... they change it to the new system, add a full color screen, and use the clips from the movie. Same goes for any value game... c'mon do the same for Ghostbusters, Game of Thrones, or even Metallica.

I love Tron and right now Disney is set to open a new Tron Roller Coasters so lets go all out here. If they do that I'm all in.

If not what it the point? If someone really wants a Tron game they can get one, how about a better version.

The new JJP Wizard of Oz runs off their latest system, why can't Stern do the same?

#527 4 years ago
Quoted from drfrightner:

I'd like to see a TRON Vault but only if ... they change it to the new system, add a full color screen, and use the clips from the movie. Same goes for any value game... c'mon do the same for Ghostbusters, Game of Thrones, or even Metallica.
I love Tron and right now Disney is set to open a new Tron Roller Coasters so lets go all out here. If they do that I'm all in.
If not what it the point? If someone really wants a Tron game they can get one, how about a better version.
The new JJP Wizard of Oz runs off their latest system, why can't Stern do the same?

Not me. Give me the reliable old SAM boardset over the SPIKE system.

#528 4 years ago
Quoted from woody24:

Not trying to troll, but what is the appeal of using an analog music format like vinyl to play music that was composed and generated purely digitally?

#529 4 years ago
Quoted from Fytr:

Not trying to troll, but what is the appeal of using an analog music format like vinyl to play music that was composed and generated purely digitally?

Idk but they got me with the video game soundtracks lol. Still looking for Battletoads and Sonic.

20200220_164026 (resized).jpg20200220_164026 (resized).jpg
#530 4 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

If they can vault a SAM system Iron Man, AC/DC, Metallica and other SAM pins, they can vault a Tron. So everyone with their BS about not vaulting an older system can sit down. The only thing I could see holding them up is licenses.

#531 4 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Idk but they got me with the video game soundtracks lol. Still looking for Battletoads and Sonic.[quoted image]

Well they do make cool collecibles. Nice to have full-sized album cover art.

#532 4 years ago
Quoted from Fytr:

Because it blows my mind even today that an invention created over 100 years ago can reproduce sounds that couldn't even have been possible back then.

But no, seriously, it does blow my mind how clear a brand new record sounds. 10 years ago I got one of those all-in-one players and bought a bunch of big band stuff, so that's all I'd really listen to on the record player. But recently been buying new stuff, and it sounds pretty amazing for just grooves in plastic.

It's really just what I've been into lately. Even recently started developing film again. Took more film photos last year than digital. https://www.instagram.com/dustinwoodphoto/ If scroll through, about 90% of the photos are film, up to a certain point. (about the drive-in photos)

But back to Tron. Love the look of the game, but have never had a truly good game on it.

#533 4 years ago
Quoted from woody24:

Because it blows my mind even today that an invention created over 100 years ago can reproduce sounds that couldn't even have been possible back then.
But no, seriously, it does blow my mind how clear a brand new record sounds.

I get what you are saying when referring to music from the days of vinyl but his point (which I've joked about in my own collection) is that there are no extra sounds for the record to reproduce. The music was created digitally. Clean. Transfering it to vinyl should actually lose quality but I dont care lol.

#534 4 years ago

After several years of observing “Tron VE [this year]” posts, I’m reminded of people saying “L’Shana HaBa B’Yerushalayim/Next year in Jerusalem” at the end of Passover.

I guess there are some things you just have to take on faith!

#535 4 years ago

Stern is not stupid and will not leave money on the table. This is coming someday and just a matter of when. Making more of the original Tron doesn't make sense since there have been multiple runs and plenty available on the used market. Yes they would still sell some to the newbNIB crowd but making one with new art, color display, ramp lights, etc wound sell a shit ton more. They did it with SM and will do it with Tron.

#536 4 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

I get what you are saying when referring to music from the days of vinyl but his point (which I've joked about in my own collection) is that there are no extra sounds for the record to reproduce. The music was created digitally. Clean. Transfering it to vinyl should actually lose quality but I dont care lol.

I don't care either. It's more of an experience than expecting the highest best quality.

#537 4 years ago
Quoted from chooch:

Stern is not stupid and will not leave money on the table. This is coming someday and just a matter of when. Making more of the original Tron doesn't make sense since there have been multiple runs and plenty available on the used market.

Did making more Star Treks when they were selling HUO for mid 4's make sense? What about GOT?? Or IM or now more METs???

#538 4 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

Did making more Star Treks when they were selling HUO for mid 4's make sense? What about GOT?? Or IM or now more METs???

Yes it did. You really think Stern would have made additional runs if the demand wasn't there? They listen to their distributors and not Pinside. Who knows, maybe the license was coming to an end on titles like ST and it made sense to make more instead of re-upping the licence in the future. You think everyone in this hobby is on Pinside and is looking to buy HUO. The are so many new people in this hobby that just want to buy NIB. You think the average family with money who wants to get a machine for their kids is going to come here and look for a used machine with no warranty?

#539 4 years ago
Quoted from chooch:

You think the average family with money who wants to get a machine for their kids

Ding ding ding. The average family getting a game for their kids doesn’t know what Tron is. That’s why they remake games like Star Trek, Star Wars, Iron Man & Spider-Man. They have mainstream NIBNEWB appeal. Tron has always been niche & appeals specifically to retro arcade people.

#540 4 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Ding ding ding. The average family getting a game for their kids doesn’t know what Tron is. That’s why they remake games like Star Trek, Star Wars, Iron Man & Spider-Man. They have mainstream NIBNEWB appeal. Tron has always been niche & appeals specifically to retro arcade people.

This is true. I think if Stern ever vaults Tron at this point it will be a very expensive limited run, ala Beatles. Just to catch the few big fish that would pay for it. XLE only, Pro plebs need not apply.

#541 4 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

They have mainstream NIBNEWB appeal. Tron has always been niche & appeals specifically to retro arcade people.

Pinball itself is very niche. TRON is a well known title in pinball and insiders alone would garner several sales for Stern. Coinciding the TRON Vault with the ride opening would be just the amount of exposure (coupled with existing pinball enthusiast) to make the production of TRON VE worth while for Stern.

#542 4 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Idk but they got me with the video game soundtracks lol. Still looking for Battletoads and Sonic.[quoted image]

oh WOW those covers are stunning!!

#543 4 years ago
Quoted from chooch:

The are so many new people in this hobby that just want to buy NIB. You think the average family with money who wants to get a machine for their kids is going to come here and look for a used machine with no warranty?

Thank you this is exactly my point.

Quoted from chooch:

Making more of the original Tron doesn't make sense since there have been multiple runs and plenty available on the used market.

LOL.....

Quoted from Rarehero:

The average family getting a game for their kids doesn’t know what Tron is. That’s why they remake games like Star Trek, Star Wars, Iron Man & Spider-Man. They have mainstream NIBNEWB appeal. Tron has always been niche & appeals specifically to retro arcade people.

You might want to search Disney + Tron rollercoaster on google. They already have it at two parks and coming to Florida. Tron is not a niche as you think.

#544 4 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

You might want to search Disney + Tron rollercoaster on google. They already have it at two parks and coming to Florida. Tron is not a niche as you think.

Universal Studios has a Waterworld show. Theme park rides have nothing to do with franchise popularity. Tron is niche. It was a horrible 80’s movie flop that has a passionate niche cult fanbase. Tron Legacy was a flop. Tron Uprising was a flop.

Tron pinball already sold on the strengths of being a great game to the pin scene & on the niche strengths of the theme to the arcade collectors. There’s nothing left to milk, aside from a few stubborn Pinsiders who refuse to buy a used one. The mainstream family pin buyer who knows nothing of Pinside or “the hobby” does not want a Tron pinball. They want Marvel, Star Wars, or something nostalgic that they actually know/like such as GB.

#545 4 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

Pinball itself is very niche. TRON is a well known title in pinball and insiders alone would garner several sales for Stern. Coinciding the TRON Vault with the ride opening would be just the amount of exposure (coupled with existing pinball enthusiast) to make the production of TRON VE worth while for Stern.

To relicense the theme + Daft Punk, they need to sell more than a handful to the stubborn Pinsiders who refuse to buy a used one. When they look at their slate of multiple in production games, new games, and financially sensible re-runs - Tron makes zero sense....but let’s keep speculating about it for another decade lol

#546 4 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Tron pinball already sold on the strengths of being a great game to the pin scene & on the niche strengths of the theme to the arcade collectors.

We can agree to disagree.

Like we have for the last 4 years on this topic ...

#547 4 years ago
Quoted from cait001:

oh WOW those covers are stunning!!

Thanks. I agree. Too bad there is this crazy Dr on pinside who downvotes every post I make lol. Some people just dont know how to make friends lol.

#548 4 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

We can agree to disagree.
Like we have for the last 4 years on this topic ...

Disagree on what? There’s still no Tron Vault. If it was such an obvious hot theme money maker easy license, you’d have your NIB Tron: Cratered Playfield Edition.

#549 4 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Disagree on what? There’s still no Tron Vault. If it was such an obvious hot theme money maker easy license, you’d have your NIB Tron: Cratered Playfield Edition.

Disagree on Vault or No Vault - and you are winning

Also, yeah...if they actually do make a TRON VE I will be very concerned with the PF. Well, I will be concerned no matter what they do at this point.

#550 4 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Universal Studios has a Waterworld show. Theme park rides have nothing to do with franchise popularity. Tron is niche. It was a horrible 80’s movie flop that has a passionate niche cult fanbase. Tron Legacy was a flop. Tron Uprising was a flop.
Tron pinball already sold on the strengths of being a great game to the pin scene & on the niche strengths of the theme to the arcade collectors. There’s nothing left to milk, aside from a few stubborn Pinsiders who refuse to buy a used one. The mainstream family pin buyer who knows nothing of Pinside or “the hobby” does not want a Tron pinball. They want Marvel, Star Wars, or something nostalgic that they actually know/like such as GB.

Bingo.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Disk war combatant Pre-order!
RamMods

$ 6.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
PFX Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 8.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 350.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 14.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Venice, FL
$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 99.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

$ 109.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

Trade
10,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Willington, DE
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 707 posts in this topic. You are on page 11 of 15.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tron-ve-in-2019/page/11?hl=monkeyboypaul and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.