• Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screen Shot 2014-08-24 at 4.28.47 PM.png
guardians-of-the-galaxy_imax-poster1.jpg
Family Guy fans will get this.png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider aurich.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#24 9 years ago
Quoted from KevInBuffalo:

With the VEs comes updated code that makes LEDs look better in them (even the original run games), correct?
If so, keep the VEs coming!

Sort of. Iron Man VE has an LED setting, but all it does is turn off all the ramping and fading effects, so the LEDs won't flicker or anything. It's like turning off dimming in a Williams game after you LED it. So you won't magically get LED OCD style effects, it's the same old lamp matrix.

Speaking as a Tron Pro owner I think if there's demand Stern should make them. I don't care, the "rarity" of my game doesn't mean anything to me, I'd prefer people who want to play pinball are able to buy and enjoy the games that make them happy.

They're not going to make a "Premium", if it happens it's going to be the same old Pro, probably 2 chicks translite, maybe different ramp toys depending on what's available, with the new backbox and maybe the metallic decals. Which would look slick I'm sure. No light up ramps, just forget about it. Get Eli's mod.

#28 9 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

If they did a Tron VE run I wish they would do more 3D backglasses, it really was the nicest backglass by far. Perhaps they would do a mirrored one though of something for a VE run, that would be pretty nice to.

I highly doubt it. The VE runs are going to be about cheap and efficient and easy. If the game can't sell itself without expensive parts (mirrored backglass, lenticular art) they won't do it is my guess.

Remember, they're thinking about ops too, this isn't just about the collector market. This is really the "Pro" model in effect here.

Obviously I'm guessing! But I think the logic is sound.

#91 9 years ago

It's not like a "Tron Premium" wouldn't also get the "Premium" price. $6600 out the door with the new price increases? Suddenly that Pro VE and buying Eli's ramp kit doesn't sound so bad does it?

Anyone who wants the lit ramps just buy the mod, it kicks ass. I even like the way it looks better than the LE frankly, though it doesn't perform in quite the same way. But the clear tubes look better than the milky white ones when they're not on.

Eli did a ton of work, Pro owners get to make their machines feel complete (Trons without lit ramps look broken to me) and the LE owners still have their little cool shit. Everyone should be happy. I'm with Rarehero, too many pissed off people, Pro and LE owners alike, it's just never gonna happen. It's not like Stern is going to suddenly move thousands of these if they did, they know it wouldn't be worth it in the big picture.

#97 9 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

The main market for Tron Premiums are all the people who bought Pros and modded the hell out of them. Are they all going to re-buy the game? Doubtful.

I know I'm sure as hell not! If they were to do some code tweaks for the new one that was backwards compatible with the Pros that would be sweet, nice move on Stern's part, but other than that I have no interest, my modded Tron Pro is great, perfectly happy with it. I don't even lust after the LE.

Maybe the Special insert will return! Of course I lit that on my Metallica for the first time I think the other day, and I still don't know what it even did, never did hit it.

#100 9 years ago
Quoted from BillySastard:

I lit Special on my Tron a while ago and I also have no idea what I did to light it. So, I can confirm that it does work with current code.

Hmm, I thought it wasn't lightable since like 1.1 but I could be wrong!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 6.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Trade
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep

10,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Willington, DE
$ 14.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 8.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 109.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Venice, FL
$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Disk war combatant Pre-order!
RamMods

$ 350.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 99.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
PFX Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider aurich.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tron-ve-in-2015?tu=aurich and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.