• Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screen Shot 2014-08-24 at 4.28.47 PM.png
guardians-of-the-galaxy_imax-poster1.jpg
Family Guy fans will get this.png
There are 106 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.
#51 9 years ago
Quoted from KevInBuffalo:

Damn, well there goes $130 on an LED OCD!

Keep the LED OCD. Keep the settings on incandescent and have the LED OCD allow the fading for your LED's. It will be better. You're still good if you bought one already.

#52 9 years ago

i have heard from a little birdie that this is first in 2015 ... then tron ve

guardians-of-the-galaxy_imax-poster1.jpgguardians-of-the-galaxy_imax-poster1.jpg

#53 9 years ago

I own a Tron Pro and I am not opposed to Stern making another run of this game. If there is demand, create the supply! It is an outstanding game.
--Scott

#54 9 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Just looked at your collection. All old games.

Yeah, Metallica and AC/DC are ancient.

#55 9 years ago
Quoted from ENDOFLINE:

guardians-of-the-galaxy_imax-pos... 116 KB

I'll bookmark this and if 2015 comes and goes....

#56 9 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Yeah, Metallica and AC/DC are ancient.

Those are SO a year ago. Old news.

#57 9 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

LOL...I designed that character

Now if I could just get you to design me an avatar.

#58 9 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

Now if I could just get you to design me an Avatar.

Stern already did that. Do you want an Avatar Pro or LE?

#59 9 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

LOL...I designed that character

Would you auction off a custom Avatar design for LTG auction. I'd bid on it.

#60 9 years ago

Yup tron ve i m buying.

#61 9 years ago
Quoted from ENDOFLINE:

guardians-of-the-galaxy_imax-pos... 116 KB

I would have prefered the Expendables trilogy

#62 9 years ago

I agree with aurich. The tron ve will be another pro version. They won't wanto add to the current pro. Take IM ve which I purchased. Identical game. They didn't do anything to the game itself. They improved the cab art. It's all about production costs and they won't dare step on the toes of le owners.

I'd take a well modded tron over a nib tron any day. My Eli kit plus arcade mod plus everything else added up to well over 1k.

I think there are some out there expecting that a tron ve will have some more bells and whistles. It won't. The IM didn't and if they even bring another tron out which has had 4 runs already they won't be adding anything except double coin take white LEDs which most will change anyway and maybe more hi res cab art. Then the nib buyers will go out and pay for the Eli kit etc etc.

#63 9 years ago
Quoted from John1210:

I agree with aurich. The tron ve will be another pro version. They won't wanto add to the current pro. Take IM ve which I purchased. Identical game. They didn't do anything to the game itself.

They added the chest LED to the Iron Monger. Original didn't come with that.

...but I agree, if there's a Tron VE - it will be relatively the same.

#64 9 years ago

Put me down for a Tron VE.
Those things will look " kick ass" in Stern's new Back Box Style!!!

#65 9 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Day they announce it, is the day I'm ordering it.

Me too

#66 9 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

They added the chest LED to the Iron Monger. Original didn't come with that.
...but I agree, if there's a Tron VE - it will be relatively the same.

I tend to think you all are right. However, I really hope they add some (would love all) of the the LE features and make it like a premium. I've been thinking a lot about this while playing a lot of Tron pro lately on location and think if the VE is the same as the pro I will go for an LE.

#67 9 years ago
Quoted from Rockytop:

I tend to think you all are right. However, I really hope they add some (would love all) of the the LE features and make it like a premium. I've been thinking a lot about this while playing a lot of Tron pro lately on location and think if the VE is the same as the pro I will go for an LE.

Seems like the LE resale is above 9k.

That's a lot of money for a used machine.

#68 9 years ago

Ok...I'm missing something here....didn't Stern say ( and several Pinsiders concur) that they would not reissue an LE?

Why the continued speculation?.....I suspect anyone would by an LE for $4800 NIB...I just can't see Stern making money like that (as the machine with all the added mods would be ALOT more expensive than that), plus destroying the LE designation, period... ( BSM, BIBLE, etc.).....

#69 9 years ago
Quoted from joegeno:

so, you guys want old games? not new ones? oh, ok.

I'm OK with Stern taking the time to release two new quality pins a year and having a vault release to help ease the pressure to not just rush something out. More is not always better.

#70 9 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Ok...I'm missing something here....didn't Stern say ( and several Pinsiders concur) that they would not reissue an LE?
Why the continued speculation?.....I suspect anyone would by an LE for $4800 NIB...I just can't see Stern making money like that (as the machine with all the added mods would be ALOT more expensive than that), plus destroying the LE designation, period... ( BSM, BIBLE, etc.).....

They aren't talking about remaking the LE. They are hoping for a "premium" type version. Doubt Stern would do that as well. If a VE comes I'm confident it will be a standard pro, with LEDs (all white), new cab decals and new backbox. I see the change of them adding lit ramps, drop targets, daft punk MB, moving recognizer, or any other LE feature as being 1% at best. If anything, maybe the Eli Kit ramps but I doubt they would even do that. Standard pro only is what I see them making which is perfectly fine with me as I want it to be as low cost as possible.

#71 9 years ago
Quoted from foureyedcharlie:

Just throwing my name in the hat.....if they run it again, I will buy one.

Ditto

#72 9 years ago
Quoted from John1210:

I agree with aurich. The tron ve will be another pro version. They won't wanto add to the current pro. Take IM ve which I purchased. Identical game. They didn't do anything to the game itself. They improved the cab art.

Stern just added the swinging bell mod and LED to new style ACDC. TRON with LED and EL wire ramp kit would sell.

#73 9 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

we might see Avatar VE with the next 3 movies being released on Christmas for 3 consecutive years.

#74 9 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

An "avatar". User picture? =P

#75 9 years ago
Quoted from sanctumwear:

Stern just added the swinging bell mod and LED to new style ACDC. TRON with LED and EL wire ramp kit would sell.

Shhh. You're making sense.

#76 9 years ago
Quoted from sanctumwear:

And lit the Iron Monger's chest...

Stern will improve games they re-release where the improvement will help them sell. Will they reproduce the drop targets or 3d back glass? Not a chance.

#77 9 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

It's just pure speculation/wishful thinking and people wanting to further burst the LE balloon. It's not going to happen. If they were going to do a Tron Premium, it would have happened already. They ran tons more Pros because it's easy, cheap, and there was demand. Tron was made before the Premium concept was introduced (that started with AC/DC)....to do a Premium now would further degrade customer confidence in ALL models, and Stern has nothing to gain by doing that. They can easily sell Pros if they wanna make more Tron money, so why rock the boat? LE owners would be pissed...but hey, there are only 400 of them - thousands of Pro owners would be pissed because given the choice, they would have bought a Premium version. So, don't worry man...there will never be a Tron Premium - just a Pro VE at best.

Quoted from sanctumwear:

Tron Pro as-is would sell. Enough speculation. They won't add LE features to the Pro. End of story.

#78 9 years ago

With Stern looking for a larger location, maybe they will just get a second location and have it in China. Tron VE could be first pin produced there.

#79 9 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Tron Pro as-is would sell. Enough speculation. They won't add LE features to the Pro. End of story.

I'd assume new head, LED's and some other minor improvements in IMv like new autoshooter mech is enough improvements for the TronVE.

#80 9 years ago
Quoted from ZenTron:

I'd assume new head, LED's and some other minor improvements in IMv like new autoshooter mech is enough improvements for the TronVE.

Exactly. Some technical, some cosmetic, some LEDs. No lit ramps, drops, moving recognizer. I could *maybe* see them finally adding End of Line (Daft Punk) Multiball rules, which current Pro owners could also update their games with. That would be a "bonus feature" that wouldn't really cost them anything or rock the boat with anyone (maybe lol).

#81 9 years ago
Quoted from ZenTron:

With Stern looking for a larger location, maybe they will just get a second location and have it in China.

Now go wash your mouth out with soap.

#82 9 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

It's just pure speculation/wishful thinking and people wanting to further burst the LE balloon. It's not going to happen. If they were going to do a Tron Premium, it would have happened already. They ran tons more Pros because it's easy, cheap, and there was demand. Tron was made before the Premium concept was introduced (that started with AC/DC)....to do a Premium now would further degrade customer confidence in ALL models, and Stern has nothing to gain by doing that. They can easily sell Pros if they wanna make more Tron money, so why rock the boat? LE owners would be pissed...but hey, there are only 400 of them - thousands of Pro owners would be pissed because given the choice, they would have bought a Premium version. So, don't worry man...there will never be a Tron Premium - just a Pro VE at best.

Thanks Greg for your input.....wanted to make sure I wasn't losing my mind.......at least most of it

#83 9 years ago
Quoted from sanctumwear:

Tron LE doesnt use EL wire, it uses an RGB led that sends the light through fiber optic tubing. Elis kit uses the same technology with clear tubing instead of frosted for increased brightness.

Btw elis kit supports many more colors (thousands) than the 8 that the LE supported.

If stern reruns tron as a VE, there is no way they will add the ramp lighting. The most you should expect is all LED, new backbox and new dmd panel like IM.

#84 9 years ago
Quoted from sanctumwear:

TRON with LED and EL wire ramp kit would sell.

Quoted from luvthatapex2:

TRON LE doesnt use EL wire, it uses an RGB led that sends the light through fiber optic tubing. Elis kit uses the same technology with clear tubing instead of frosted for increased brightness.

Actually, a Tron VE with EL wire on the ramps would probably be a big seller for Stern. EL wire is cheap, it looks pretty cool, and it wouldn't piss of the LE owners.

#85 9 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Quoted from gweempose:

and it wouldn't piss of the LE owners.

I bet the fancy tube ramp lights and LED from the factory on a NIB TRON Pro would sell hot. LE owners still have the 3D backglass, chrome trim, Daft Punk MB, drop targets, recognizer, numbered plaques, and 1 slot coin doors. Do it Stern!

#86 9 years ago

One day I will get my Tron. The more they make, the less I will have to pay. I wish I didn't have to move every two years so I could put more money towards pins than houses.

#87 9 years ago

I don't think anyone definitively knows either way what Stern is or isn't going to do. They are a manufacturing company and manufacturing companies tend to make products that will make them the most money. Personally, I believe that making a premium Tron with the LE features would make them the most money. They could charge more and would move more games. Stern may not even know exactly what they are going to do at this point.

I understand Tron LE owners feeling threatened or upset by the thought of this affecting the value of their game. The big lesson everyone in the hobby should have learned already from MM, WOZ 75th, Iron Man VE is that products will get remade. There are no real rules (other than remaking exact LE copies) or road maps. Everyone wants to feel their game is special and unique and holds a certain value, but all that is subjective and temporary anyway.

Buy games you have fun playing. Change is constant.

#88 9 years ago

Last year in 2013 when they were finishing out the fourth run of TRON, prices were already above 10k for the LE. I'm sure if they saw an opportunity to make a premium model, it would have been at that point in time.

#89 9 years ago
Quoted from sanctumwear:

I bet the fancy tube ramp lights and LED from the factory on a NIB TRON Pro would sell hot. LE owners still have the 3D backglass, chrome trim, Daft Punk MB, drop targets, recognizer, numbered plaques, and 1 slot coin doors. Do it Stern!

...but then it wouldn't be a "Pro"...they'd have to add the code for the light sequences - they're not going to make a 3rd Tron code variation.

Quoted from Rockytop:

I don't think anyone definitively knows either way what Stern is or isn't going to do. They are a manufacturing company and manufacturing companies tend to make products that will make them the most money. Personally, I believe that making a premium Tron with the LE features would make them the most money. They could charge more and would move more games. Stern may not even know exactly what they are going to do at this point.
I understand TRON LE owners feeling threatened or upset by the thought of this affecting the value of their game. The big lesson everyone in the hobby should have learned already from MM, WOZ 75th, Iron Man VE is that products will get remade. There are no real rules (other than remaking exact LE copies) or road maps. Everyone wants to feel their game is special and unique and holds a certain value, but all that is subjective and temporary anyway.
Buy games you have fun playing. Change is constant.

It's not just LE owners who'd be pissed. Wouldn't Pro owners who spent thousands on mods be pissed? There's a difference between Tron LE and the other games you've listed.

MM = was only a commercial unit. Never was a Limited Edition.
WOZ 75th = All WOZ versions have the same features. JJP games aren't like Stern's LE/Pro deal. 75th has different trim, has a few extra toys (which can be added to any other version), and is a shit ton more expensive.
IM VE = There was never an IM LE...there was only a Pro. VE is also a Pro, and its code is compatible w/ the older Pro.

LE's (except Mustang) are a huge part of Stern's revenue and they take the "limited" part of LE seriously. Recreating an LE and calling it something else would just blow up any future LE sales opportunities. People can keep yammering about it, but you'll never see a Tron "Premium". If it gets run again, it'll be a Pro. You can keep saying "Stern would make more money if..." ...but Stern would make more money making more Spidey Blacks or LOTR LE etc, etc...but they won't. They said it was limited, so it's limited. Done.

#90 9 years ago

I think the BIBLE picture they posted on facebook was proof enough of how pissy people will get if they make a "premium," or on this case a re-issue of a LE game. It caused enough of a fuss they had to edit their comment.Screen Shot 2014-08-24 at 4.28.47 PM.pngScreen Shot 2014-08-24 at 4.28.47 PM.png

#91 9 years ago

It's not like a "Tron Premium" wouldn't also get the "Premium" price. $6600 out the door with the new price increases? Suddenly that Pro VE and buying Eli's ramp kit doesn't sound so bad does it?

Anyone who wants the lit ramps just buy the mod, it kicks ass. I even like the way it looks better than the LE frankly, though it doesn't perform in quite the same way. But the clear tubes look better than the milky white ones when they're not on.

Eli did a ton of work, Pro owners get to make their machines feel complete (Trons without lit ramps look broken to me) and the LE owners still have their little cool shit. Everyone should be happy. I'm with Rarehero, too many pissed off people, Pro and LE owners alike, it's just never gonna happen. It's not like Stern is going to suddenly move thousands of these if they did, they know it wouldn't be worth it in the big picture.

#92 9 years ago
Quoted from creyes82:

I think the BIBLE picture they posted on facebook was proof enough of how pissy people will get if they make a "premium," or on this case a re-issue of a LE game. It caused enough of a fuss they had to edit their comment.

Screen Shot 2014-08-24 at 4.28.4... 37 KB

Thank you for post.....done......time to move on......

#93 9 years ago

Why wouldn't Stern make a Tron Premium?

Mustang
Metallica (2)
AC/DC (2)
Star Trek
Avengers

All of those have Pro, Premium and Limited Edition.

My feeling, Stern could do a run of 500-1,000 Premium Trons, priced at $7k...and they would sell.

IMO, Tron is easily one of the top games Stern has ever made.

#94 9 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Mustang
Metallica (2)
AC/DC (2)
Star Trek
Avengers
My feeling, Stern could do a run of 500-1,000 Premium Trons, priced at $7k...and they would sell.

Dead Horse anyone.

#95 9 years ago

Does the imagined Tron LE remake have the lamp boards like the original? Because the one area that Tron Pro beats Tron LE hands down is not being stuck with those lamp boards.

#96 9 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Mustang
Metallica (2)
AC/DC (2)
Star Trek
Avengers

All of those games LAUNCHED with a Premium so customers could make a choice and feel good about their purchase. Tron came out at a time before the Premium was something Stern did. They're not going to make a Premium this far after the fact. The main market for Tron Premiums are all the people who bought Pros and modded the hell out of them. Are they all going to re-buy the game? Doubtful.

#97 9 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

The main market for Tron Premiums are all the people who bought Pros and modded the hell out of them. Are they all going to re-buy the game? Doubtful.

I know I'm sure as hell not! If they were to do some code tweaks for the new one that was backwards compatible with the Pros that would be sweet, nice move on Stern's part, but other than that I have no interest, my modded Tron Pro is great, perfectly happy with it. I don't even lust after the LE.

Maybe the Special insert will return! Of course I lit that on my Metallica for the first time I think the other day, and I still don't know what it even did, never did hit it.

#98 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Eli did a ton of work, Pro owners get to make their machines feel complete (Trons without lit ramps look broken to me) and the LE owners still have their little cool shit. Everyone should be happy. I'm with Rarehero, too many pissed off people, Pro and LE owners alike, it's just never gonna happen. It's not like Stern is going to suddenly move thousands of these if they did, they know it wouldn't be worth it in the big picture.

Exactly right.

Do I think that a Tron VE could be released? Yep. But it ain't going to be anything like the LE.

#99 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I know I'm sure as hell not! If they were to do some code tweaks for the new one that was backwards compatible with the Pros that would be sweet, nice move on Stern's part, but other than that I have no interest, my modded Tron Pro is great, perfectly happy with it. I don't even lust after the LE.
Maybe the Special insert will return! Of course I lit that on my Metallica for the first time I think the other day, and I still don't know what it even did, never did hit it.

I lit Special on my Tron a while ago and I also have no idea what I did to light it. So, I can confirm that it does work with current code.

#100 9 years ago
Quoted from BillySastard:

I lit Special on my Tron a while ago and I also have no idea what I did to light it. So, I can confirm that it does work with current code.

Hmm, I thought it wasn't lightable since like 1.1 but I could be wrong!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
PFX Pinball Mods

10,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Willington, DE
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 14.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 8.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 350.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Disk war combatant Pre-order!
RamMods

Trade
$ 109.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Reno, NV
8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Venice, FL
$ 6.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 99.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 106 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tron-ve-in-2015/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.