View topic image gallery

IMG_6751 (resized).JPG
LOTR (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20170213-191547 (resized).png
dead_horse (resized).png
uxWWgNz (resized).png
IMG_4847.JPG
IMG_3559 (resized).JPG

There are 96 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 7 years ago

I'm thinking about getting one but wonder what people thought about a possible VE in the future?

#3 7 years ago

OH LAWRD

#4 7 years ago

Buy three of them

#5 7 years ago

IMG_3559 (resized).JPGIMG_3559 (resized).JPG

#7 7 years ago

Guess I should have done some searching first, but thanks for all the work, all good reads but most are very old threads. I guess it's time to bring it up again!

#8 7 years ago
Quoted from twinmice:

I'm thinking about getting one but wonder what people thought about a possible VE in the future?

Are you f*cking kidding me, Mike!?!? Getdafackouttahere!!!!!!!!

#9 7 years ago
Quoted from twinmice:

Guess I should have done some searching first, but thanks for all the work, all good reads but most are very old threads. I guess it's time to bring it up again!

Just pretend they were written last week... it all still applies.

#10 7 years ago
Quoted from twinmice:

Guess I should have done some searching first ...

That's crazy talk.

But since you asked ... TRON VE will most definitely come.

#11 7 years ago

Yeah but expect ridiculous pricing with shitty build quality/QC.

#12 7 years ago

But will it be VE pro at SM VE pricing or Tron VE prem pro PF with lit ramps at LE pricing ? oh the possibilities .

#13 7 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

Yeah but expect ridiculous pricing with shitty build quality/QC.

Those are a given, if it comes this year is the real million dollar question, what is coming after Aerosmith but before Star Wars?

#14 7 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Those are a given, if it comes this year is the real million dollar question, what is coming after Aerosmith but before Star Wars?

There's no way. A bunch of stuff that was supposed to lunch last year got delayed to this year. They have plenty of new games ready to launch this year.

#15 7 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

There's no way. A bunch of stuff that was supposed to lunch last year got delayed to this year. They have plenty of new games ready to launch this year.

So what is between Aerosmith & "the rumoured" Star Wars, do you know what was delayed as in titles etc?

#16 7 years ago

Rumors pulp fiction not ready and Iron maiden too soon.

#17 7 years ago

There will be a VE this year so the signs point to YES!

#18 7 years ago

But TronVE would totally hold up any Stern DraculaVE

#20 7 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Are you f*cking kidding me, Mike!?!? Getdafackouttahere!!!!!!!!

At least it's not something I have had 10 times already!!

#21 7 years ago

I'm hoping they make it a premium to piss off all the $10k LE owners.

#22 7 years ago

Seems like every Tron I seen in the market place is around 7K and LE's going around 10K.
Yeah they will make a Tron VE this year or next.

#23 7 years ago

What about Jaws?

#24 7 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

I'm hoping they make it a premium to piss off all the $10k LE owners.

I hope Stern makes a $10,000 Tron VE to piss you off..!

#25 7 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

Seems like every Tron I seen in the market place is around 7K and LE's going around 10K.

And all the new Vault games will have new color display technology and re-vamped video assets. All your favourites. Iron Man, Tron and AC/DC.

#26 7 years ago

Well BM66 was originally supposed to be a VE, instead it was a redesign, SMVE was a partial retheming using different Spider-Man Licensing and assests, ironman VE is the only VE so far to be true to the original, so I guess anything is possible now with regards to what future VE might be.

#27 7 years ago

If they bring one out without the ramp lighting Stern can shove their VE where Gary's Harley wont go.
I aint spending huge money on one with more than likely a crapier build and pf and then on top of that doing another eli ramp kit install which is expensive and timely.

#28 7 years ago

Awwww yeah there's my Tron VE thread!@#

Even if they did, you'd wonder if the inserts were gonna ghost ^_^

#29 7 years ago

I thought the next VE was Wheel of Fortune ...

#30 7 years ago

A more interesting question is, will future VE's have the new screen?

And how much extra coding would that take?

Tron VE with the new screen would sell a ton.

#32 7 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Tron VE with the new screen would sell a ton.

If it looked like Hobbit or Woz, absolutely! If it looked like Aerosmith, umm... I've seen cooler looking slot machines dude.

#33 7 years ago
Quoted from Darkwing:

If it looked like Hobbit or Woz, absolutely! If it looked like Aerosmith, umm... I've seen cooler looking slot machines dude.

Really ? I'm of the opposite opinion. I think Stern nailed the size of the LCD perfectly. The game doesn't look horrible when it is switched off.

#34 7 years ago
Quoted from stoptap:

Really ? I'm of the opposite opinion. I think Stern nailed the size of the LCD perfectly. The game doesn't look horrible when it is switched off.

I don't get why people are looking at a pin that is turned off ... turn it on and play.
IMO all games look crappy off ... when I'm not playing my pins and I'm in the room, it is ON to fully appreciate the artwork.

#35 7 years ago
Quoted from Darkwing:

Slot machines make orders of magnitude more money and have had way, way more development money invested in their screen graphics. Dude.

#36 7 years ago

Tron ve probably never happen that license is long gone

#37 7 years ago

Holy Crap! My Tron has been in my house more than 5 years. I remember my first impression of it on location... "Yuck". But it was the "Libations" callout of Zeus that kept me trying. And after a dozen or so games on it, I thought it was magical. A few visits later, I bought one from Trent. Tron prices stay high because of people like me. I bought one, and I have no intention to ever sell it. The game is almost ideal. Easy to understand but so wonderfully difficult. I can do all of the pieces, but not in one game. And the Portal is always there, but almost unobtainable in mine (for me).

Which means I still hope they make a VE. And I hope it comes with the quality playfield they were using 5 years ago. And I hope they price it like a Pro. That way more people can have the joy of owning one.

#38 7 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

I bought one, and I have no intention to ever sell it. The game is almost ideal. Easy to understand but so wonderfully difficult. I can do all of the pieces, but not in one game. And the Portal is always there, but almost unobtainable in mine (for me).

This is well said, exactly how I feel. There are few games that resonate with me, and Tron is all of that.. plus it was my first NIB experience. I highly doubt Stern has room for this tho at this time, aren't they currently able to build like 8 games?

#39 7 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

With all due respect concretehardt you forgot my 2015 classic:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tron-ve-the-next-stern-title
Of which i'm very proud.
I think they just lost the decal shelf in the big move. That's the hold up. It's coming, I tell you, it's coming.

How careless of me! Tron VE master thread list has been updated.

#40 7 years ago

grab an old one cause ve quality is gonna suck!

#41 7 years ago
Quoted from twinmice:

You should definitely not purchase a Tron and enjoy now and for the forthcoming years.

There is a possibility a VE could come out one day, so don't do it. You'll have much more fun not having a Tron.

I would point out though, that only ONE game has had a proper VE release - Iron Man. Twice. Beyond that, it's never happened. Spider-Man was rethemed and released at the Premium price point, despite the fact that HUO Spider Man games are available for considerably less. But an actual VE at a pro price has only happened for one game.

#42 7 years ago

If they make a VE, definitely should retheme it to original Tron, the art direction would be fantastic with lots of neon colored grid lines. It would lose the Daft Punk soundtrack which would be sad but that machine has been made already.

I want all VEs to be rethemes using older properties. Transformers is another one.

#43 7 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

There is a possibility a VE could come out one day, so don't do it. You'll have much more fun not having a Tron.

The funny part of this is that I remember when I was buying my second copy of LOTR and there was VE talk about that. I was paying a pretty penny for a HUO copy that played amazing. I can't count how many fun games I've had on that since I got it. I would have missed all of it waiting for a VE.

And really, Stern has done ONE VE so far. Iron Man. Spiderman doesn't count because in my mind, that isn't a VE. And they are unlikely to do another one. There is too much money in adding a bit to the game and charging WAY more for it.

#44 7 years ago

Personally I like the idea of Vault Editions being a re-imagined re-release. I can see the interest in releasing a 100% exact copy, but I think the variation is fun. Same thematic universe, same layout, same rules, different look.

#45 7 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

Tron prices stay high because of people like me. I bought one, and I have no intention to ever sell it.

i preordered my tron pro before it was released (first NIB). i then sold it for a metallica first run pro, and i haven't ever looked back. i don't think i'd ever own it again, but that's just me.

#46 7 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

But it was the "Libations" callout of Zeus that kept me trying.

Please call him Zuse, as it's the correct name for this guy.

#47 7 years ago
Quoted from stoptap:

Is it really important how it looks when off? Seems like it's a non-issue.

But, I agree the size / positioning of the LCD is good. When I played BM66, it worked really well from a readability/glanceable, etc. That said, it has a LONG way to ago to match JJP on integration. It almost feels like an add on.

I wonder if Stern can do a Tron VE? Do they still have a license to do it? (I'm not really sure how it works. You'd think they could get another one seeing how popular the pin is, unless the cost is just too high.)

#48 7 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

Yup, and it will be priced at or above $7499. So why wait? Just buy a lightly used Tron now for 7K. Then, once you're tired of it when the VE is announced, you can sell it for 7500 and make $500. No waiting on your distributor for the game to ship either. It's a win-win.

#49 7 years ago

For what they charge for VE's I really hope they update to new color screen. Someone mentioned earlier that they should screw the $10K Tron LE owners by releasing a premium. Stern could do that but that would jeopardize all future LE sales. I love the game so much, I would buy a second one.

#50 7 years ago

I just picked up a mint Tron pro with just about every mod you can get... it's pretty absurd, the topper and speakers even sync up with the Eli ramps. I just need to slap on a chrome coin door and shooter rod and it'll be perfect.

At the end of the day I imagine mine will still be cheaper than a stock VE.

I'd love for Stern to pull another Iron Man out of their hats so everybody can enjoy without breaking the bank, but I wasn't willing to wait for that day to come. Besides, we all know there's a LOTR VE with hand drawn art right around the corner, same with AC/DC... oh and of course TSPP with female voices

IMG_4847.JPGIMG_4847.JPG

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 26.50
12,028 (OBO)
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Disk war combatant Pre-order!
RamMods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore
Protection
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
8,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
West Long Branch, NJ
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Other
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 350.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Interactive
$ 6.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods
Plastics
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 79.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Arcade Upkeep
Under cabinet
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Other
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
PFX Pinball Mods
Plastics
10,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Willington, DE
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 109.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com
Other
$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy
Protection
8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Venice, FL
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting
Led
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball
Protection
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Interactive
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods
Backbox
There are 96 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tron-ve and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.