(Topic ID: 240209)

Tron Vault... Is it coming? Maybe Tron Premium.

By Barakawins1

5 months ago

Topic Stats

• 28 posts
  • 19 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 months ago by pinghetto
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 2 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

image000001 (resized).jpg
image000000 (resized).jpg

#1 5 months ago

Seems a ton of Trons are popping up. Usually this means vault is coming around the corner. I wonder if a premium is coming . It's one of the games that never
had a premium model.

#2 5 months ago

I agree, something is coming. There was no Tron Premium and there will not be one. Pro only.

#3 5 months ago

Or people are shaking things loose for space (or cash). Lots of really interesting things coming out one right after the other.

#4 5 months ago

Would love to see a Tron vault but think Avatar might be the next vault with the new movie coming out.

#5 5 months ago
Quoted from jfesler:

Or people are shaking things loose for space (or cash). Lots of really interesting things coming out one right after the other.

Im REALLY hoping for a Tron re-run.. ( just looking to pay a reasonable price for an example) but I think what you said is actually what is happening. There are so many games being sold now for newer purchases. I hope I'm wrong.

#6 5 months ago

There's some scuttle about a new Tron movie coming out again. It's slowly starting to emerge. I think this may awaken the pro market.

#7 5 months ago

There is a few more than usual. I check the Tron listings frequently. I'm only interested in Tron and a couple other games, my issue with the used Tron Pro's is the price, hard to pay over 7k for an older used Stern Pro.

#8 5 months ago
Quoted from Barakawins1:

There's some scuttle about a new Tron movie coming out again. It's slowly starting to emerge. I think this may awaken the pro market.

link? I thought Tron was dead. Disney tried to create their own Star Wars franchise with John Carter, then a Tron reboot. They gave up and bought SW instead. I'd love another Tron installment........i'm highly doubtful though. Disney has more than enough irons in the fire.........they gotta save SW first too.

#9 5 months ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

Would love to see a Tron vault but think Avatar might be the next vault with the new movie coming out.

An Avatar Vault to tie into a new Avatar film? Is that smart? Would anyone buy an Avatar Vault? If TRON is a non-starter due to licensing, better to Vault LOTR rather than Avatar.

#10 5 months ago

Mine is for sale in the market place. I have no knowledge of a remake.

#11 5 months ago
Quoted from Hobbypinball:

link? I thought Tron was dead.

You can see some google searches under tron movie 2019.

#12 5 months ago

Wow...another Tron Vault thread...who'd of thought?!?!! F ME!

#13 5 months ago
Quoted from Barakawins1:

You can see some google searches under tron movie 2019.

Not much of anything other than Justin Springer has some "mic" time right now as he's produced the newly released Dumbo. So he's essentially saying "wouldn't it be great if Tron.........cause I want to produce it". That's literally it.

#14 5 months ago

Torn Lightcycle Rollercoaster Ride is currently under construction at Disney World Magic Kingdom beside Space Mountain.

It will be similar if not the same as their Tron Ride at Disney Shanghai.

That being said Disney is still investing heavily in the TRON franchise.

1 month later
#15 3 months ago
Quoted from hassellcastle:

Torn Lightcycle Rollercoaster Ride is currently under construction at Disney World Magic Kingdom beside Space Mountain.
It will be similar if not the same as their Tron Ride at Disney Shanghai.
That being said Disney is still investing heavily in the TRON franchise.

I went on the Tron ride at Shanghai Disneyland in April. It is one of the reasons I now have interest in buying a Tron pinball. Lighting on the ride and pin are really cool and I know it is a fast and challenging pin as well.

If Stern makes a vault fully loaded with the ramp lighting, etc, I think I would be in for a VE as well. Probably not willing to pay the inflated prices for an LE or modded pro, however.

image000000 (resized).jpgimage000001 (resized).jpg
#16 3 months ago

There were really only 3 facets to the LE:
- A placard (whatever)
- The ramp lighting, integrated into the game code (imo: Better than the aftermarket mods)
- Daft Punk Multiball

If they put the latter two in, the LE won't be the least bit special. Bad for me (you f*ers!), but good for buyers. It's a great game.

#17 3 months ago
Quoted from jfesler:

There were really only 3 facets to the LE:
- A placard (whatever)
- The ramp lighting, integrated into the game code (imo: Better than the aftermarket mods)
- Daft Punk Multiball
If they put the latter two in, the LE won't be the least bit special. Bad for me (you f*ers!), but good for buyers. It's a great game.

Don't forget the drop targets....

#18 3 months ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

And a moving recognizer.

#19 3 months ago

Does anyone know how licensing works? Is the license to produce the pin back in 2010 still valid indefinitely if reproduced the same or would it have to be renewed with additional payments to the licensee?

If they still hold the license on the game, I don't know why they wouldnt do a VE run at some point.

#20 3 months ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

Does anyone know how licensing works? Is the license to produce the pin back in 2010 still valid indefinitely if reproduced the same or would it have to be renewed with additional payments to the licensee?
If they still hold the license on the game, I don't know why they wouldnt do a VE run at some point.

From what I’ve read countless times here in Pinside. Most are only good for 3 years then they have to renew them to make more.

#21 3 months ago

Licensing absolutely expires, and Stern's certainly has. They can renegotiate of course.

This is a Pinside unicorn, people have been saying "surely it's about to happen" for years now. Meanwhile they didn't buy when Stern did another last run of the games.

Don't worry, I'm considering selling my Tron, and they vaulted my ACDC right before I put it up for sale, so I'm sure I can summon another vault if I just commit to selling.

#22 3 months ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

And chrome armor package, also the artwork on the LE playfield had some small differences.

#23 3 months ago

I have no hope of a Vault coming anymore. Might as well just forget about it, not going to happen.

#24 3 months ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Meanwhile they didn't buy when Stern did another last run of the games.

I missed the last run (and many other newer pinheads have as well).

Quoted from pcprogrammer:

I have no hope of a Vault coming anymore. Might as well just forget about it, not going to happen.

I am with you. I am certainly not 'waiting for it'. But if they make a vault I will likely get it.

#25 3 months ago
Quoted from Goronic:

I am with you. I am certainly not 'waiting for it'. But if they make a vault I will likely get it.

I am new to the hobby since then as well. Would buy if they remade it but if the license was only valid for 3 years, I have my doubts they would renew to make more.

Does anyone know if previous VE of other titles were made within a 3 year window of initial production?

#26 3 months ago

Doing a little research, both the Iron Man and AC/DC VE's were made beyond 3 years of the originals.

Not sure if those licenses were longer but it does give me hope they could still possibly do a Tron VE. Of course, given it is a Disney license that may make things more difficult.

#27 3 months ago
Quoted from Goronic:

Not all of us had the money at the time they were made. I would buy a VE or an original so someone else could buy the VE. There is no doubt that there is money to be made. I believe it will happen.

#28 3 months ago

The LE was the premium at that time. The plate on the game said limited edition... But, the box the game came in said premium...

Brian

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
€ 95.00
Lighting - Led
FlipperLED
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Brooklyn , NY

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside