images.jpeg
USA-USA.jpg
stickeronhat.jpg
DSCF3230.jpg
2012-05-04_17.56.51.jpg
2012-04-19_16.06.00.jpg
WP_000046.jpg
Mr.Peepers.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinball_customs.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 12 years ago

A little birdie told me Lyman is working on the final Tron LE update that is to come (hopefully followed by a Tron Pro update). This is great news!!

- B

#10 12 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Isn't this old news? He has been working on it for a while. He has a Tron LE at home.

My apologies if it is, I hadn't heard this until the weekend from someone close with Lyman. I'm pretty excited Tron is going to get some Lyman-love!

- B

#24 12 years ago
Quoted from todler:

I'm hoping for a Tron update just like everyone else, but according to Steve Richie at a recent event in the UK he didn't think this was likely.
Just hoping the rumours are true and Steve is wrong

Lyman recently picked up a Tron LE and it's piqued his interest in revising the code.. maybe he'll do it on the side like he did a few other Stern games (here's hoping!!)

- B

#29 12 years ago

I had that happen a couple of times, yes

#43 12 years ago
Quoted from ENDOFLINE:

why are you apologizing??

I'm Canadian, we apologize for everything.

2 weeks later
#71 11 years ago
Quoted from Av8:

Canadians dont like the sticker. Thats fine. If I dont see the sticker it tells me the glass has been replaced or been on route. Value decreased. Its your money.

You can pull manual out but leave bag stapled on inside. Which would you rather buy?

I took out the goodie bag but left the sticker on the glass.. not sure why it matters though, anyone who knows pinball knows where these things are made -- s'all good.

I mean honestly, most of us are changing bulbs, adding toys, adding slide rails for sure.. so I'm not sure why removing a little sticker and taking out a plastic bag would really matter. But as others have said, it's your $5k so do what you want with it

3 weeks later
#108 11 years ago
Quoted from Jeff_PHX_AZ:

How do you know that he has one at home? I dont doubt it, but how would you know this type of info. Watch interviews, etc.?

I know for a fact he does, he bought it off the same guy I bought my SST from. Which is cool.. I'm glad Lyman approves of the game.

shacklersrevenge, did you confirm with John that Lyman's doing the update?

#140 11 years ago
Quoted from DrStarkweather:

Hate to bring this up again, but would any LE owners here be pissed off if they added Daft Punk Multiball to Pro software after all is said and done and sold? Its been noted that they wouldn't want to piss off LE buyers by doing that, but Im not convinced its that big a deal.

All the LE's are sold so I'm not sure what the problem would be.. adding the LE's physical features however is another story.

I'm impartial to the Daft Punk MB myself, but I'm positive Lyman will polish this game like a diamond

#143 11 years ago

New AC/DC code was just released.. here's hoping Tron is up next!!!

Thanks Lyman for doing this for us!

- B

1 month later
#195 11 years ago

I'm sure a Pro update wouldn't be far behind.. I doubt the code is all that different.

1 month later
#221 11 years ago

If anything happens, it will be on Lyman's own time (like he did with Spiderman). He did buy a Tron LE for this reason, but I'm sure he's also a very busy man.

Also I think a video mode would be cool but only if it weren't the predictable kind like STTNG where all you need to do is learn the pattern. Maybe something like "Snakes" or something, to represent the Lightcycles? Sorta like the video mode in JM.

I don't think Lyman does dots anyway, so this is probably the only style of video mode he could add..

#232 11 years ago

I'd be happy with a simple "Extra Ball" fix at this point.

2 weeks later
#248 11 years ago

Yeah when have you heard any news on an official Stern update, let alone one coming from the designer on his own spare time? lol

#267 11 years ago
Quoted from RJW:

Gary Stern doesn't believe in video modes hence the reason why they don't exist in his games. Elvis is probably the only one that comes to mind that they coded. And that video mode is pretty sweet.

There has been others, T3 comes to mind.

SST, Batman Forever... JP (sort of)

#275 11 years ago

i know of 10 for sale up here in Canadaland

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Disk war combatant Pre-order!
RamMods

Trade
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 350.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 109.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

10,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Willington, DE
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 14.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 6.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
PFX Pinball Mods

11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Reno, NV
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Venice, FL
$ 8.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 99.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinball_customs.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tron-update-coming?tu=pinball_customs and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.