images.jpeg
USA-USA.jpg
stickeronhat.jpg
DSCF3230.jpg
2012-05-04_17.56.51.jpg
2012-04-19_16.06.00.jpg
WP_000046.jpg
Mr.Peepers.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider j85m.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#5 11 years ago

Video mode, more emphasis on combos (one thing I actually like in TF is the combo count on the DMD) & more depth to the existing modes and a deeper more polished wizard mode would make me an even happier LE owner. If lyman can polish TRON like he did with SM it could be real special!

2 weeks later
#60 11 years ago
Quoted from Av8:

If I dont see the sticker it tells me the glass has been replaced or been on route. Value decreased. Its your money.
You can pull manual out but leave bag stapled on inside. Which would you rather buy?

I really am hoping this is a rare moment of american sarcasm or a straight up joke? You gotto be kidding right?

I took the sticker off mine, I went one further and replaced the glass with PDI, value decreased? BS, more like value increased

Post edited by absocountry2 : Profanity removed

1 week later
#98 11 years ago

I've got a nice sheet of PDI glass coming for my TRON LE, I'd be a liar if I put the made in USA sticker on that

2 weeks later
#136 11 years ago

I love TRON as it is but I'd love to see the following additions:

Ball saver at start of SoS
More combos and more prominent SFX when making a combo (think SM)
I also like the TF combo count as you make them I think for tron it would be great feature
Tweak/expand SoS maybe so it's less tunnelled/straight forward as GEM often ruins the mode for people
Enhance/expand portal Make it into a SM quality wizard mode, more stages and depth to it, I think from memory it's just shoot each shot 5 times or something lackluster like that I'd love to see portal become a truly top rate wizard mod LE has the potential to feature the best wizard mode lightshow in pinball.
Would love to see Flynn mode expanded to more than one roving shot love the idea of the Flynn mode but hit the roving shot once and it's done I'd love to see this mode expanded/deepened.

VIDEO MODE! Come on its TRON it needs a video mode or modes! As your shooting the arcade it would be amazing if there was 4 video modes matching the 4 modes seen in the original arcade game - although maybe licensing would be an issue there.

3 weeks later
#165 11 years ago

Nice suggestions ChadH, about the additional high score entries/names which I'm huge fan of and love having additional challenges and high scores to acheive. TRON needs combo champions - total combo champ and biggest combo champ (like SM and TF) and I would be even more excited by an End of Line champion as the combo and scoop shot combo/bonus plays such a big part in the game and getting a high score. Those 3 additions plus a video mode alone would make TRON all the better. If lyman could also deepen some of the modes especially Flynn as roving mode shots are great fun and sorely missed IMO on modern sterns then TRON could be sterns best programmed pin since spidey.

#171 11 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

As an LE owner, I'd be pissed off about it. Anyways, I'd be more unhappy if I had to have my ultra fast tron game flow interrupted a portion of the time to play a super lame "video game" on a 128x32 dot matrix in mono color using only two flipper buttons. Video modes are super annoying and lame. If you want a video game, play something like an xbox 360 where it's actually impressive.

TRON needs a video mode due to its theme alone, plus it's another mod which is a plus for me the more modes the merrier. If you are that against video games or at least video modes I'm sure there would be an option/adjustment to turn it off and just get a points reward at the scoop instead, making everyone happy. But TRON as a theme needs a video mode based off the old TRON cabinet game, lightcycle maze would be ace, hopefully lyman makes it happen.

#173 11 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

Lucky for me, I'm sure programming a whole video mode would be more work than all the other stuff combined times 10. So Im sure it won't happen. And what pin has an option to disable its video mode? None. They're always mandatory.

There was a rumour that there was a video mode already programmed in earlier code but it never saw light of day. So maybe unluckily for you it might only need a little bit of polish and you can enjoy the video mode with the rest of us

Never stated any games had option to disable video mode but who knows it could be added for folks like you who don't want to play a video mode on a pin based on a video game digital world

#175 11 years ago
Quoted from sven:

Well, it wouldn't be hard to do: set video-mode to points instead when 'disabled', or do it like in STTNG, or make it a choice for videomode or mystery-amount of points (in STTNG chosing points is less rewarding, with a mystery-points, you could either get more or less points). Still, having it disabled in settings is better I think.

I think you hit the nail on the head Sven, as much as I would like a video mode in TRON due to theme plus in essence its yet another mode which is always a good thing having more modes. I think having it setup like STTNG is perfect, because as much as I want a video mode I know if I'm having a killer game and it's flowing for me I'd probably take the points award to get the ball back ASAP. If game wasn't flowing or I was just going purely for high score I'd take the video mode so it would allow choice which I think would make everyone happy.

1 month later
#198 11 years ago

Video mode and make daft punk multiball a blackout mode with just the fibre optic light ramps on and I'd be one very happy stern tron LE customer! Add some depth to the modes:
• Multiple shots to complete Flynn, hit zen switch activates Flynn roving shot shoot highlighted shot, zen lane Flasher flashes hit zen again second roving shot starts hit it to complete.
• Gem start by hitting gem shot, jackpots increased by bumpers and shots to the "S" zuse/gem target, 1 additional shot to gem to complete mode, doesn't change shots required but allowing increase of jackpot would add depths and some risk/rewards to the mode which IMO is the hardest to complete without a lucky rebound.

#202 11 years ago

Luckily none of us are putting our hopes on Stern but rather on Lyman.

#217 11 years ago

What about combos showing on the DMD other than the EOL combo and jackpot? I'd also love a EOL champion on the scoreboard and combo champions - most # of combos and biggest combo, Portal champion would also be great, similar to SMs various score champions, I don't think you can ever have enough score board champions on a game adds alot of longevity and goals making you play the game different, I sometimes play SM for just score, other times biggest combo, most spiders, biggest spider sense champ etc, if nothing else but combos and score champions are added that be awesome although daft punk needs to be a proper blackout mode with just the ramps lit. Video mode should be there just make it optional for the people that don't want it show a clip on DMD of Sam being zapped into the grid and points bonus.

#222 11 years ago
Quoted from pinball_customs:

If anything happens, it will be on Lyman's own time (like he did with spiderman). He did buy a TRON LE for this reason, but I'm sure he's also a very busy man.
Also I think a video mode would be cool but only if it weren't the predictable kind like STTNG where all you need to do is learn the pattern. Maybe something like "Snakes" or something, to represent the Lightcycles? Sorta like the video mode in JM.
I don't think Lyman does dots anyway, so this is probably the only style of video mode he could add..

Rumour has it brock that there was a video mode in early code but it was pulled because it wasn't finished/polished and implemented well enough so it got pulled, so hopefully if that's true lyman could finish the coding and impletment it smoothly at the scoop through gameplay like completing the TRON insert (complete tron targets 3 times), tron really does need proper combos and a combo champion with more high score targets as I mentioned above that would make tron perfect IMO. But obviously tweaks to the modes and added depth would welcome.

#229 11 years ago
Quoted from shacklersrevenge:

Just repeating what I said a couple months back- In a short chat with John Borg, he said he was trying to get it finished after Lyman tweaks ac/dc. He also said that he wants to fix the extra ball problem, to maybe make it for so many ramp shots to utilize that left ramp more.

Have another word and ask about combos and a combo champions, eol champion, portal champion and making daft punk a blackout mode

2 weeks later
#255 11 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

The code is finished. Tron code is not incomplete. It's one thing to say you'd like an update for more features. Another to say that the code needs finishing.

According to rumours posted a while ago mark Trons code is not complete which is why Lyman is going back to finish it for Borg as there is supposedly a list as long as his arm that he wanted in tron but neither of them was given the time to put it all in there. I agree with what your saying though to the point that if tron never got an update it would definately be considered and feel complete but it was said a while ago that Borg had asked Lyman as a favour to "finish" TRONs code and put everything in it he originally had planned and wanted in there.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 109.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Disk war combatant Pre-order!
RamMods

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 8.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 14.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

10,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Willington, DE
$ 99.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 350.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
PFX Pinball Mods

Trade
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 6.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Venice, FL
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider j85m.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tron-update-coming?tu=j85m and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.