images.jpeg
USA-USA.jpg
stickeronhat.jpg
DSCF3230.jpg
2012-05-04_17.56.51.jpg
2012-04-19_16.06.00.jpg
WP_000046.jpg
Mr.Peepers.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider hassellcastle.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#51 11 years ago

Another suggestion I would like...and this is purely cosmetic.

Like so many times I start Light Cycle multiball at the same time I start Terminate Clu mode or the scoop hole is lit. Always during this the DMD shows the animation of Terminate Clu, overiding the start up DMD animation of Lightcycle multiball. This DMD animation shows the Lightcycle generating and then taking off in the distance. The DMD animation and sound effects for this animation are very cool...however they are rarely seen as it's usually overrun by other mods that also start from the same scoop hole.

Which sucks...because it's a cool DMD animation with sound if you ever get to see it.

I feel that Lightcycle multiball should be one of the "cool" factors to the game. Kind of like the build up to starting multiball on BK2k or BOP or Monster Bash.
That being said, I would like to see it show that DMD animation everytime I start Lightcycle multiball and if I want to not see it pushing both flippers will jump right into multiball.

Also bring back after completing TRON drops or standups on the PRO
"Bum ba bum bum bum.....TRON" - you can still hear it in the sound test menu, but it was removed from the game.

#52 11 years ago

Another suggestion I would like...and this is purely cosmetic.

Like so many times I start Light Cycle multiball at the same time I start Terminate Clu mode or the scoop hole is lit. Always during this the DMD shows the animation of Terminate Clu, overiding the start up DMD animation of Lightcycle multiball. This DMD animation shows the Lightcycle generating and then taking off in the distance. The DMD animation and sound effects for this animation are very cool...however they are rarely seen as it's usually overrun by other mods that also start from the same scoop hole.

Which sucks...because it's a cool DMD animation with sound if you ever get to see it.

I feel that Lightcycle multiball should be one of the "cool" factors to the game. Kind of like the build up to starting multiball on BK2k or BOP or Monster Bash.
That being said, I would like to see it show that DMD animation everytime I start Lightcycle multiball and if I want to not see it pushing both flippers will jump right into multiball.

Also bring back after completing TRON drops or standups on the PRO
"Bum ba bum bum bum.....TRON" - you can still hear it in the sound test menu, but it was removed from the game.

1 month later
#114 11 years ago

It's no secret. I've talked to Lyman via e-mail and he told me himself he has an LE at home. Funny thing is, I didn't even bring it up, but Lyman knows I own a TRON LE. I was talking to him about another software release for AC/DC pro as we were days away from our AC/DC launch party. He told me to expect an AC/DC update that Friday then he went on to tell me he has a TRON LE at home and that after AC/DC is tweaked out he's going to focus on tweaking TRON.

I don't know how you need much more proof than that.

..patiently waiting for the update.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#131 11 years ago
Quoted from 6S3NC3:

I also hate whsn you get light cycle mb and it skips the best animation (IMO) Flynn jumping in the air and the light cycle forms. If you have anything else running or the light cycle mb stacks with somthing else you will not see this animation.

+1 ....couldn't agree more. This is certainly one of the best dmd animations with cool sound effects going into multiball, unfortunately its hardly ever seen if other things are lit also with the arcade scoop. I think this would definitly enhance multiball start up on this game.

#142 11 years ago

I think enhancing the drop target/stand up target bank awards would be really cool on this game as these could be mini-modes. Perhaps where they are more involved.

POP Bumpers are lit - During this timed mode you have to hit the pop bumpers so many times to reach some sort of award/payoff. I'm thinking like the pop bumpers on Stern NBA. You have to hit the pop bumpers so many times to lite the REBOUND shot.

SPINNERS - Same as above. Hitting the spinners for so many switch closes awards something. (Hit Spinner 50 times to complete. Almost makes me think of Buzzsaw mode on Spiderman. It's gratefying hitting the spinner in buzz saw mode as that helps to complete the 100 shots needed to complete Buzz Saw.

and after you have played or completed each of the Drop/Stand up Target Modes and the TRON insert lights solid on the center column of the playfield you here "Ba ba bum bum bummmmmm. TRON!"

6 months later
Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 79.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Arcade Upkeep
Under cabinet
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Disk war combatant Pre-order!
RamMods
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus
Decals
$ 26.50
10,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Willington, DE
$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Interactive
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
Armor and blades
8,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
West Long Branch, NJ
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 99.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts
Boards
Displays
Retrocity
Displays
$ 109.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com
Other
8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Venice, FL
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting
Led
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Interactive
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Other
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn
Decorations
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep
Backbox
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
12,028 (OBO)
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 6.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods
Plastics
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider hassellcastle.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tron-update-coming?tu=hassellcastle and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.