images.jpeg
USA-USA.jpg
stickeronhat.jpg
DSCF3230.jpg
2012-05-04_17.56.51.jpg
2012-04-19_16.06.00.jpg
WP_000046.jpg
Mr.Peepers.jpg

There are 308 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 7.
#251 11 years ago

+1 for a light cycle video mode

#252 11 years ago

+1 for a light cycle video mode

#253 11 years ago

Maybe my math is rusty, but that looks like +2

#254 11 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Alright, I nominate Rav to go finish the code. Love all the ideas, especially the video mode (have it optional to turn off for those that don't like it).

The code is finished. Tron code is not incomplete. It's one thing to say you'd like an update for more features. Another to say that the code needs finishing.

#255 11 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

The code is finished. Tron code is not incomplete. It's one thing to say you'd like an update for more features. Another to say that the code needs finishing.

According to rumours posted a while ago mark Trons code is not complete which is why Lyman is going back to finish it for Borg as there is supposedly a list as long as his arm that he wanted in tron but neither of them was given the time to put it all in there. I agree with what your saying though to the point that if tron never got an update it would definately be considered and feel complete but it was said a while ago that Borg had asked Lyman as a favour to "finish" TRONs code and put everything in it he originally had planned and wanted in there.

#256 11 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

2 weeks without any news !?

i was talking about "our" topic & stories of course, not Stern...

now, its aaaaliiiiiiive (oups) again !

#257 11 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

According to rumours posted a while ago mark Trons code is not complete which is why Lyman is going back to finish it for Borg as there is supposedly a list as long as his arm that he wanted in tron but neither of them was given the time to put it all in there. I agree with what your saying though to the point that if tron never got an update it would definately be considered and feel complete but it was said a while ago that Borg had asked Lyman as a favour to "finish" TRONs code and put everything in it he originally had planned and wanted in there.

Let's hope so

#258 11 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

Finished & complete are 2 different things when it comes to Code from Stern. Yes you can say its complete & plays well with nothing missing. But that doesnt mean it will not be updated.

An update is coming.....Just have to be patient & wait for it.

#259 11 years ago

They might have been waiting to revisit Tron when they put it in short production. With the recent posts about a short run of 100 or so they might update it then.

Mike
www.HabosArcade.com

#260 11 years ago

Something tells me that since the 100 have already sold out they aren't going to feel much pressure to finish the code simply because of the rerelease. I would love updates don't get me wrong but just wonder if this rerun is really the catalyst that we hope it is for an update (and yeah, I also agree it would just be nice, not necessary)

#261 11 years ago

Gary Stern doesn't believe in video modes hence the reason why they don't exist in his games. Elvis is probably the only one that comes to mind that they coded. And that video mode is pretty sweet.

#262 11 years ago
Quoted from exflexer:

Gary Stern doesn't believe in video modes hence the reason why they don't exist in his games. Elvis is probably the only one that comes to mind that they coded. And that video mode is pretty sweet.

If true that is a silly stance for Stern to take. Why close the door on creativity allow your talent to use the system capabilities to it's full potential when warranted. Tron for example would be a perfect fit for an awesome video mode.

#263 11 years ago
Quoted from The_Dude_Abides:

If true that is a silly stance for Stern to take. Why close the door on creativity allow your talent to use the system capabilities to it's full potential when warranted. Tron for example would be a perfect fit for an awesome video mode.

for sure, thats THE pinball for having one !

#264 11 years ago
Quoted from exflexer:

There has been others, T3 comes to mind.

#265 11 years ago

For as fast as these things sold out Stern are fools for only making 100. There is obviously a high demand, make them till they stop selling. I would have bought one but they sold out too fast.

#266 11 years ago

Distributors bought them. Call around, you will find one if you really want one.

#267 11 years ago
Quoted from RJW:

There has been others, T3 comes to mind.

SST, Batman Forever... JP (sort of)

#268 11 years ago

NF had two cool video modes that fit right in with the theme. Always liked hitting those as it meant a well earned break for my wrists from playing the usually fast paced games on our table.

#269 11 years ago
Quoted from pinball_customs:

SST, Batman Forever... JP (sort of)

If your including Data East - LW3 has multiple video modes

#270 11 years ago
Quoted from badbilly27:

Funny. I just played IJ the other day and thought why don't more games have a video mode. I enjoy them in IJ, STTNG, AFM and even MM. Have option to take points and skip but video modes are cool. Don't want it to slow down Tron but I for one dig video modes.

I Like Video modes as well ... Let it happen !!

#271 11 years ago

Trons video mode needs to be qix or the original light cycle (lines) game.

#272 11 years ago
Quoted from The_Dude_Abides:

+1

#273 11 years ago
Quoted from smokedog:

Distributors bought them. Call around, you will find one if you really want one.

They are gone, I'm also not gonna pay a huge mark up on one from a distributor that I've never use

#274 11 years ago
Quoted from Kcpinballfan:

They are gone, I'm also not gonna pay a huge mark up on one from a distributor that I've never use

Okay, there are some for sale, you just don't want to pay the mark up. So, they are not gone. I think there were 4 or 5 for sale on these boards last week. NIB. Why didn't you grab one then?

Anyone have any idea how many Pro's are out there?

#275 11 years ago

i know of 10 for sale up here in Canadaland

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#276 11 years ago
Quoted from exflexer:

Harley Davidson has a video mode. Stern did the later additions, but started out a Sega. Gary was still in charge.

Terminator 3 has one.

As mentioned other DE/SEGA games that Gary oversaw had them too. Since Lyman is doing this on his own time, if Lyman wants a video mode, not too sure Gary would mind.

Gary has changed his mind on many things also:

"Tron is done, no more runs." (Now doing a limited run of a 100)
"Not going to do a KISS pin." (Now reported pin after Avengers)

Never say never with Gary.

4 weeks later
#277 11 years ago

Just thought I would bump this thread. Anyone have any info that the code will be reviewed with the new batch of Pros being released??

3 weeks later
#278 11 years ago

I was checking the latest 1.7 pro code read me and realized it was released on November 11, 2011, or 11/11/11. Will the next update come to us on 12/12/12? Hmmmmm......

#279 11 years ago

that would be awesome...i'm really looking forward to any updates Lyman could do. Just bought one NIB.

#280 11 years ago

Give Tron a Video mode !!!!!!!! a Light cycle Race or a mode from the Tron arcade ( anything )

#281 11 years ago

How about an extra ball?

#282 11 years ago

I would love a video mode. Light cycle, disc battle. Anything is better than nothing, imo. I would also like to see the extra ball come around more often. Just glad to hear an update is in the works.

#283 11 years ago
Quoted from Silverballer:

I would love a video mode. Light cycle, disc battle. Anything is better than nothing, imo. I would also like to see the extra ball come around more often. Just glad to hear an update is in the works.

A video mode would be great. Would also like there to be some substance to the Flynn and Recognizer modes. Earnable extra ball. I think as a collective, we all want about the same stuff.

#284 11 years ago
Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

A video mode would be great. Would also like there to be some substance to the Flynn and Recognizer modes. Earnable extra ball. I think as a collective, we all want about the same stuff.

Yep, what he said.

#285 11 years ago
Quoted from Cursed:

Yep, what he said.

Oh, and I forgot: Give Zues a timer bar for consistency.

#286 11 years ago
Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

Oh, and I forgot: Give Zues a timer bar for consistency.

And make all of the timer bars large enough to actually see like on XMEN.

2 weeks later
#287 11 years ago

Anything on a code update? The November run should be done? Any inside information on any new code for TRON? Extra ball and video mod would be great addition

#288 11 years ago

Hope so

1 month later
#289 11 years ago

Any updates ??

#290 11 years ago

I just asked someone else if this were really happening still

#291 11 years ago

With all the new pins coming needing code written

Hard to find time to complete Borgs wish list

But I'm hoping ...

#292 11 years ago

Would be nice to see a video mode, extra ball, better call outs.

#293 11 years ago

forget it, i think thats the better things to do...

#294 11 years ago

Patience is a virtue

#295 11 years ago

TF first, at least Tron feels finished.

#296 11 years ago

If they only changed the volume of the derezzed tune at the start of quorra multiball (i.e: drown everything out with that tune), i would be more than happy.

#297 11 years ago

''The code is finished. Tron code is not incomplete. It's one thing to say you'd like an update for more features. Another to say that the code needs finishing.''

Um, no it's not finished or complete. If you were actually reading the thread or played the game well, you might have noticed it's not. You could say that WOF is not incomplete or finished then- but it still plays bugs or lacks.

It's a good code, but it lacks polish. And completing Portal is lackluster.
John Borg talked to me about the code and said he wanted to focus on the left ramp being incorporated more in to the rules, make extra ball more of a feature, and some other small tweaks. There is a lot of code to be done on other pins, so only time will tell if it does in fact get done. It's not a license issue this time (IJ4 suffered bad code because of this) So it has some hope since there was a rerun.

#298 11 years ago
Quoted from shacklersrevenge:

''The code is finished. Tron code is not incomplete. It's one thing to say you'd like an update for more features. Another to say that the code needs finishing.''
Um, no it's not finished or complete. If you were actually reading the thread or played the game well, you might have noticed it's not. You could say that WOF is not incomplete or finished then- but it still plays bugs or lacks.
It's a good code, but it lacks polish. And completing Portal is lackluster.
John Borg talked to me about the code and said he wanted to focus on the left ramp being incorporated more in to the rules, make extra ball more of a feature, and some other small tweaks. There is a lot of code to be done on other pins, so only time will tell if it does in fact get done. It's not a license issue this time (IJ4 suffered bad code because of this) So it has some hope since there was a rerun.

How did the license affect IJ4? Was Stern not able to update the code after the license expired? Thank God Disney owns Indy now....they seem more reasonable than Lucas! LOL!

#299 11 years ago

This was a question I had been wanting to know because I kind of liked the game....if only it had SM style coding it could have been something great.

John told me they basically had a short amount of time/run for IJ4 and that they were given very little material to work with or improve upon. So basically their hands were tied, and that's why the 4th movie is barely in the pin. Kind of like T2 i guess in terms of what could be added in regards to the film/pin.

#300 11 years ago
Quoted from BoJo:

Patience is a virtue

lets wait some more than

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 26.50
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods
Backbox
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 109.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com
Other
$ 350.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Interactive
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball
Protection
8,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
West Long Branch, NJ
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Interactive
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus
Decals
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Other
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Disk war combatant Pre-order!
RamMods
Toys/Add-ons
10,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Willington, DE
Displays
Retrocity
Displays
$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep
Backbox
$ 79.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Arcade Upkeep
Under cabinet
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Other
8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Venice, FL
$ 8.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods
Plastics
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Interactive
12,028 (OBO)
There are 308 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 7.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tron-update-coming/page/6 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.