• Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image.jpg
image-25.jpg
#1 10 years ago

Does anyone know a fix to keep the right "U" ZUSE target from moving/sliding/bending? Over time mine slides to the right and obscures the Quorra shot.

Is there a vendor that sells reinforced targets for Sterns? This kind of reminds me of the TZ slot target getting hammered over time.

Thanks,
Mike

image-25.jpgimage-25.jpg

#2 10 years ago

Bang the rivets holding together tighter.

LTG : )

#3 10 years ago

I have to adjust that target about every 300 games. Just a slight obstruction on that shot makes the game really tough. A tiny bend in the target over time starts blocking the shot and making it chatter shooting Quorra. I think it comes down to location. It gets hit hard from the front, but also from the side shooting at Gem. I'll be curious what others have to say because I just accepted it as a minor quirk of a great game.

#4 10 years ago

I had to adjust it after about 800 games and it has stayed in place since then. Play on

#5 10 years ago

I adjust mine like once every 6 months or so. Hasn't been a big enough annoyance for me to find a "fix" yet

#6 10 years ago

Do not touch the rivots. That has nothing to do with it.
The only solution I can suggest is this.

There are two screws holding it into the playfield. Two 1/4" bolts holding it onto the stem. These are threaded bolts that screw into the stem. They work loose. And they aren't very strong. You can make sure they are tight. But I've snapped the head off these trying to crank them. If you can readjust the target and crank them down try that. But if that's not enough I'd replace the screws with longer and stronger ones with nuts behind them. Use lock washers so they don't work loose and crank the suckers tight.

#7 10 years ago

I thought it was just me I'm glad I'm not the only one having to readjust it. It definitely makes the Quorra shot a tad frustrating.

Thanks for everyone's advice.

Mike

1 year later
#8 9 years ago

I have this problem too and I just can't bend it back - as I tighten the screws the target shifts to the right and it does make the game much more difficult. Has anyone found a solution?

#10 9 years ago

Thanks Frax. Ironically enough the idea came to me while playing a friends Tron as that "U" target never stays straight.

These hold them nice and tight. There are 2 versions now. One for smaller targets (like the "U" target) and one for larger targets (like the "S").

#11 9 years ago

I still don't have them on any of my games..I keep forgetting I need them. I'll probably order a bunch around the time I do the Tron PF swap...it's a great idea though and from all reports I've seen, they work.

#12 9 years ago

I just installed one of these splints on my Z(U)SE last night, and I'm very happy with it so far.

1 month later
#15 8 years ago

Wish I had seen the MelzMod... I ended up just putting some SuperGlu on between the backplate and the target and it has worked just fine ever since.

A QUICK fix for an annoying problem, but yes you will might have to scrape some glue off when you need a new target switch... But that is WAY down the road on my TRON and I will probably end up just glueing that next switch so it doesn't move as well

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
10,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Willington, DE
$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Disk war combatant Pre-order!
RamMods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 6.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 99.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 14.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 109.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 350.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
PFX Pinball Mods

11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Reno, NV
Trade
$ 8.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Venice, FL
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tron-u-target-help and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.