(Topic ID: 166780)

Tron: there are now 3 music remixes (poll)

By nosro

2 years ago

Topic Stats

• 14 posts
  • 9 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by J_Striker
  • Topic is favorited by 10 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Which is your favorite Tron music remix?”

• Retro_P remix 6 votes
    21%
  • nosro movie faithful remix 14 votes
    48%
  • webdiddy Dubstep remix 1 vote
    3%
  • Bourbon 8 votes
    28%

(29 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

#1 2 years ago

Tron now has three different music remixes, demonstrating the adoration of the masses to Tron. Kneel before Tron.

1 - Retro_P remix: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tron-le-music-remix-video-made-with-pinball-browser
2 - nosro "movie faithful" remix: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tron-music-replacement-work-in-progress
3 - webdiddy Dubstep remix: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tron-pro-le-dubstep-remix

For those who have tried all three, which one did you ultimately pick and why? (Err, I'm obviously biased.)

#2 2 years ago

I have yours but put in the original quorra tune. Had the Retro_p one for a long while. It is also really good. Haven't checked out webdiddy's yet but I will give it a try.

Either way, options are nice. Thanks for the hard work! It is very appreciated!

#3 2 years ago
Quoted from nosro:

Tron now has three different music remixes

Thank you.

#4 2 years ago

Crap I voted wrong, I have Nosro's mix, I think it fits the game so much better......Thanks again Nosro.

#5 2 years ago

I installed the WebDiddy version yesterday and that is really cool. But it is hard to decide, all are truly great. The dubstep version is now on mine but that might change overtime. I would really like to see that you could load all three on there and just switch like I can do with my Pinsound board on my IJ.

#6 2 years ago

I am a very happy Pinsound owner, but not aware about the Stern feature for changing the stock music. How does it work?

#7 2 years ago

Thinking of starting a new thread for favorite Tron Music Remix polls.

edit: not your favorite remix, but your favorite poll about remixes.

#8 2 years ago
Quoted from Luppin:

I am a very happy Pinsound owner, but not aware about the Stern feature for changing the stock music. How does it work?

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/acdc-display-and-modify-dot-matrix-images

Pinball Broser - it has many limitations that each remix tries to work within, but it has basic sound replacement capability. Pinsound really is the right way to do this, but for those who don't want to buy the hardware, these three remixes are able to provide a significant change.

#9 2 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Thinking of starting a favorite Tron Music Remix poll.

Different from the poll at the top of this thread? Or did I miss another remix option?

#10 2 years ago
Quoted from Luppin:

With Pinsound you can add multiple mixes on the USB stick. When turning down the volume to 0 a beep is heard after that the next mix is played. My IJ has the original, new improved version and the movie mix on it. You can switch anytime you like, great option!

On Stern machines you can just use PinBrowser. Put the Bin file on a USB, set switch 8 to 'on' plug in the USB and follow the screen for the update process. After that remove the USB and set switch 8 back to 'off'. That's it. Takes more time than the pinsound changes, but you do not need an additional board for it.

2 months later
#11 2 years ago

Here's a new mix for the poll!

Tron pinball remix finished (for now)

Here's my take on what I'm happy with remix wise. Different strokes for different folks.

0:00 - 0:35 Flynn (new song and Clu rollover targets)
0:35 - 0:56 Clu (new song)
0:56 - 1:25 Gem (new song and jackpot speech)
1:25 - 1:57 light cycle (new song)
1:57 - 2:22 quorra (same song added super jackpot speech)
2:22 - 2:45 combination speech added for 1-5 and then Clu speech added for combination 6
2:45 - 3:46 Disc wars multiball (new songs for start and restart)
3:46 - 4:44 Portal multiball (original 1982 tron, journey separate ways)
4:44 - 4:53 High Score (speech added)
4:53 - 5:15 DMD limited edition text added, match event and game over music changed.

#12 2 years ago

Looks great, do you have a LE version of that? Caring to share this?

#13 2 years ago
Quoted from PeterG:

Looks great, do you have a LE version of that? Caring to share this?

Yes happy to share. Don't have an le version but all the hard works done, wouldn't take long to do. Have a mate with an LE so he can try it out.

#14 2 years ago

Yeah, nice job Grg, I would be interested in the pro version also

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 26.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore
6,900 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Rancho Bernardo , CA
Lighting - Backbox
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 90.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 26.50
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
9,600 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Orlando, FL
$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Other
...redshiftLED
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
$ 50.00
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pin Mods
6,600 (OBO)
Sale Pending!
Vienna, VA
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside