• No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

8F0A1FC6-BDDC-400D-B755-965B78DCF541 (resized).jpeg
DBBA6375-A9C7-4F8A-A7D0-6FBBBD0A71BA (resized).jpeg
#1 3 years ago

Hi, quick favor/ask of the community. Anyone with a Tron Pro with an OEM Stern SAM Shaker motor installed? I just cannot find the 3 pin male connector with brown/white wire in the backbox anywhere. Any tips, suggestions? Did some of these versions come without the appropriate wiring?

The other wire down by the shaker motor is there and available, it's pre-tapped and drilled for the shaker and shaker board... What am I missing? Could you show me a pic?

Thanks!

#2 3 years ago

In my game it was just laying in the bottom of the cabinet towards the back where the rest of the wire bundle is. Going from memory, is there a support across the cabinet behind the speaker? I want to say it was just behind that so it was not specifically hidden but it was also not obvious.

#3 3 years ago
Quoted from jusflyinby:

Hi, quick favor/ask of the community. Anyone with a Tron Pro with an OEM Stern SAM Shaker motor installed? I just cannot find the 3 pin male connector with brown/white wire in the backbox anywhere. Any tips, suggestions? Did some of these versions come without the appropriate wiring?
The other wire down by the shaker motor is there and available, it's pre-tapped and drilled for the shaker and shaker board... What am I missing? Could you show me a pic?
Thanks!

I can lift the lid and take a pic(s)

Edit: added pics. The brown wire runs aaaaalll the way back could be hard to find

8F0A1FC6-BDDC-400D-B755-965B78DCF541 (resized).jpeg8F0A1FC6-BDDC-400D-B755-965B78DCF541 (resized).jpegDBBA6375-A9C7-4F8A-A7D0-6FBBBD0A71BA (resized).jpegDBBA6375-A9C7-4F8A-A7D0-6FBBBD0A71BA (resized).jpeg
#4 3 years ago

Thank you both! I tried to delete this thread soon after I created it. Upon further investigation, I found that page 1 and 2 of the instructions contradict each other. Page 1 says the 3 pin brown white wire is in the backbox, while page 2 says it's in the bottom/back of the cabinet. That's where I found it, in the back of the cabinet, laying on the bottom just after the second support behind the cab speaker.

Well if I can't delete the thread at least it may be helpful for someone else searching the topic in the future in case they too pick up an OEM shaker from Marco.

#5 3 years ago
Quoted from jusflyinby:

Thank you both! I tried to delete this thread soon after I created it. Upon further investigation, I found that page 1 and 2 of the instructions contradict each other. Page 1 says the 3 pin brown white wire is in the backbox, while page 2 says it's in the bottom/back of the cabinet. That's where I found it, in the back of the cabinet, laying on the bottom just after the second support behind the cab speaker.
Well if I can't delete the thread at least it may be helpful for someone else searching the topic in the future in case they too pick up an OEM shaker from Marco.

Yes, please don’t delete, threads like these will always help someone later. Glad you posted the solution too.

I remember it being a pita when I installed it as well... maybe lotr too... forgot but the days they didn’t come ready for installation were the dark days

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 6.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 350.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
PFX Pinball Mods

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Venice, FL
$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Disk war combatant Pre-order!
RamMods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 8.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 14.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Trade
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 99.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

10,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Willington, DE
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Arcade Upkeep

$ 109.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tron-stern-shaker-motor-install-troubles?hl=jusflyinby and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.