Topic Stats

• 5 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 months ago by northvibe
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 2 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

8F0A1FC6-BDDC-400D-B755-965B78DCF541 (resized).jpeg
DBBA6375-A9C7-4F8A-A7D0-6FBBBD0A71BA (resized).jpeg

#1 3 months ago

Hi, quick favor/ask of the community. Anyone with a Tron Pro with an OEM Stern SAM Shaker motor installed? I just cannot find the 3 pin male connector with brown/white wire in the backbox anywhere. Any tips, suggestions? Did some of these versions come without the appropriate wiring?

The other wire down by the shaker motor is there and available, it's pre-tapped and drilled for the shaker and shaker board... What am I missing? Could you show me a pic?

Thanks!

#2 3 months ago

In my game it was just laying in the bottom of the cabinet towards the back where the rest of the wire bundle is. Going from memory, is there a support across the cabinet behind the speaker? I want to say it was just behind that so it was not specifically hidden but it was also not obvious.

#3 3 months ago
Quoted from jusflyinby:

Hi, quick favor/ask of the community. Anyone with a Tron Pro with an OEM Stern SAM Shaker motor installed? I just cannot find the 3 pin male connector with brown/white wire in the backbox anywhere. Any tips, suggestions? Did some of these versions come without the appropriate wiring?
The other wire down by the shaker motor is there and available, it's pre-tapped and drilled for the shaker and shaker board... What am I missing? Could you show me a pic?
Thanks!

I can lift the lid and take a pic(s)

Edit: added pics. The brown wire runs aaaaalll the way back could be hard to find

8F0A1FC6-BDDC-400D-B755-965B78DCF541 (resized).jpegDBBA6375-A9C7-4F8A-A7D0-6FBBBD0A71BA (resized).jpeg
#4 3 months ago

Thank you both! I tried to delete this thread soon after I created it. Upon further investigation, I found that page 1 and 2 of the instructions contradict each other. Page 1 says the 3 pin brown white wire is in the backbox, while page 2 says it's in the bottom/back of the cabinet. That's where I found it, in the back of the cabinet, laying on the bottom just after the second support behind the cab speaker.

Well if I can't delete the thread at least it may be helpful for someone else searching the topic in the future in case they too pick up an OEM shaker from Marco.

#5 3 months ago
Quoted from jusflyinby:

Thank you both! I tried to delete this thread soon after I created it. Upon further investigation, I found that page 1 and 2 of the instructions contradict each other. Page 1 says the 3 pin brown white wire is in the backbox, while page 2 says it's in the bottom/back of the cabinet. That's where I found it, in the back of the cabinet, laying on the bottom just after the second support behind the cab speaker.
Well if I can't delete the thread at least it may be helpful for someone else searching the topic in the future in case they too pick up an OEM shaker from Marco.

Yes, please don’t delete, threads like these will always help someone later. Glad you posted the solution too.

I remember it being a pita when I installed it as well... maybe lotr too... forgot but the days they didn’t come ready for installation were the dark days

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside