(Topic ID: 52933)

Tron SOS question

By NightTrain

10 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 10 years ago

So I was playing Tron last night and I got to SOS. I started it and I had "CLU", "Zuse", and "Light Cycle" flashing still. So i finished CLU and then drained before I could finish "Zuse". I started ball 2 (extra ball) and completed Zuse and Light cylcle. Then I hit the arcade scoop and SOS did not start again. Am I missing something here? I could have sworn you could play SOS more than once. Do I have to complete something else before I can start SOS again. Or can you only play SOS once per game, and then you need to light them all solid after that to start Portal?

#2 10 years ago

I thought this was the case as well, that you could replay the missing modes, then start SOS again. I'm not a good enough player to get into this situation very often, though.

While testing Eli's fiber mod, however, I ran into the same thing you mention. After relighting the modes, I couldn't restart SOS. Maybe it changed from v1.7 to v1.74.

#3 10 years ago

I've only owned Tron for a few weeks, but all I know is I was able to get to SOS twice in one game, but I'm not sure what I did to get there.

#4 10 years ago

To play SOS again you need to start each of the objectives again. So in addition to "CLU", "Zuse", and "Light Cycle", you will need to start Quorra,GEM,Flynn,Discs mb, recognizer and TRON. Then the scoop will be lit for SOS again.

Quoted from NightTrain:

So I was playing Tron last night and I got to SOS. I started it and I had "CLU", "Zuse", and "Light Cycle" flashing still. So i finished CLU and then drained before I could finish "Zuse". I started ball 2 (extra ball) and completed Zuse and Light cylcle. Then I hit the arcade scoop and SOS did not start again. Am I missing something here? I could have sworn you could play SOS more than once. Do I have to complete something else before I can start SOS again. Or can you only play SOS once per game, and then you need to light them all solid after that to start Portal?

#5 10 years ago
Quoted from flashburn:

I've only owned Tron for a few weeks, but all I know is I was able to get to SOS twice in one game, but I'm not sure what I did to get there.

Yeah I swear I've done it before...maybe I'm crazy!

#6 10 years ago
Quoted from SolarRide:

To play SOS again you need to start each of the objectives again. So in addition to "CLU", "Zuse", and "Light Cycle", you will need to start Quorra,GEM,Flynn,Discs mb, recognizer and TRON. Then the scoop will be lit for SOS again.

I see. Well that's tough to know what you've done the second time when they are mostly all lit still. Guess I'll just have to try and remember. Thanks for the info!

#7 10 years ago

We had a lengthy discussion about this several months ago. After some testing we figured out that in addition to replaying all the modes that got extinguished when SOS ends, you must also start each of the 3 multiball modes once. After that SOS will light. You don't have to replay any of the non-multiball modes that you already have lit solidly. There may be more to it that this but you absolutely don't have to replay everything to get SOS to relight.

2 months later
#8 10 years ago

I've had Tron for a few weeks and just got SoS twice in the same game. This mode is tough as hell. I will keep trying until I reach Portal. Great game!

#9 10 years ago

I got there last night for maybe my 4th time and, like always, could not get past GEM. That stinking GEM shot is my nemesis. I can very rarely light it solid during the game and when I do I never make it to SOS. Most of the time I can't even get her started.

At this point with my skill level, I doubt making it to SOS twice in one game will be anything I need to concern myself with any time soon. Heck, twice in one night might be nice!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 14.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
PFX Pinball Mods

10,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Willington, DE
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 350.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Trade
$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 99.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Venice, FL
$ 6.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Huntington Beach, CA
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 8.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 109.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Disk war combatant Pre-order!
RamMods

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tron-sos-question and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.