View topic image gallery

Bridges, Jeff - 2014-08-24 C.JPG
Tron marquees.jpg
tron-toon-1.jpg
tron-zino.jpg
3.arrival-(a)-512.JPG
5 games.jpg
tron-workflow-1.jpg
There are 69 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 9 years ago
Quoted from DrMark12PA:

1) if you don't get the ball all the way up the left ramp, look out because that ball is coming right back down the middle between the flippers

This happens in a lot of machines. Simple punishment for messing up the ramp shot. Totally in the design.

#52 9 years ago

Just came across another FLYNNS ARCADE SCOOP bonus I'm not sure what it is... Tonight I took the glass of just to keep hitting the scoop and relighting it. One of the bonuses looks like a Star Wars Empire Strikes Back AT-AT snowwalker for lack of a better comparison! Anyone know what this is?

#53 9 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

Light Special in outlanes. Useless.

What do you get for hit the lit outlane special when lit?

#54 9 years ago
Quoted from DrMark12PA:

What do you get for hit the lit outlane special when lit?

Usually a replay, but you can set it

#55 9 years ago

tron-workflow-1.jpgtron-workflow-1.jpg

#56 9 years ago
Quoted from DrMark12PA:

Just came across another FLYNNS ARCADE SCOOP bonus I'm not sure what it is... Tonight I took the glass of just to keep hitting the scoop and relighting it. One of the bonuses looks like a Star Wars Empire Strikes Back AT-AT snowwalker for lack of a better comparison! Anyone know what this is?

Mystery award list is here.

http://www.pinballnews.com/games/tron/index6b.html

#57 9 years ago
Quoted from DrMark12PA:

One of the bonuses looks like a Star Wars Empire Strikes Back AT-AT snowwalker for lack of a better comparison! Anyone know what this is?

That's what I always think of when I see that thing! When you are doing SOS and hit it into the scoop the Snowalker / Imperial Walker gives you the thing you are working on automatically and you then move onto the next thing on the ladder. So it's a freebie.

Long live the Snowalker!

#59 9 years ago

Does anyone have advice for Light Cycle Multiball? I can't seem to complete it. I really wish it had an add-a-ball feature.

#60 9 years ago

No, I know there is a recognizer bonus that adds a hit to the recognizer. I know Tron all too well as I've been a fan since 1982 and here is my lineup without Tron in the line which it now is, KISS moved to my office.

5 games.jpg5 games.jpg
#61 9 years ago

•Advance Recognizer
•Complete Recognizer
•Advance Quorra
•Start Quorra
•Advance Clu
•Advance Gem
•Start Gem
•Light Special
•Light Extra Ball

Anyone know what the , Complete Recognizer, Start Quorra, or Start Gem look like? I've seen the advance each and hit all of them.
I actually gotten the LIGHT EXTRA BALL a few times.
Based on earlier post the LIGHT SPECIAL lights the outlanes and looks like a 3 pronged knot which makes sense if you look at the SPECIAL insert in the outlane which is also a 3 prong look.

#62 9 years ago
Quoted from DrMark12PA:

No, I know there is a recognizer bonus that adds a hit to the recognizer. I know Tron all too well as I've been a fan since 1982 and here is my lineup without Tron in the line which it now is, KISS moved to my office.

5 games.jpg 128 KB

another club member

3.arrival-(a)-512.JPG3.arrival-(a)-512.JPG
tron-zino.jpgtron-zino.jpg
tron-toon-1.jpgtron-toon-1.jpg

#63 9 years ago

I met Jeff Bridges at the end of August... Nicest guy you can imagine, great band... and of course it's Flynn...

Bridges, Jeff - 2014-08-24 C.JPGBridges, Jeff - 2014-08-24 C.JPG Tron marquees.jpgTron marquees.jpg
#64 9 years ago

well... DANG

#65 9 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

That's gotta be a glitch, and if it's not, it's the most moronic code choice/oversight that Lyman has ever made...I'll get to the bottom of this. You shouldn't be rewarded for screwing up, or worse yet, intentionally draining a ball.

Well, not so fast with that generalization.

For example, ACDC has an outlane drain feature that multiplies the bonus when the ball drains at the blinking F or E letters that get activated from a super scoring mode. The trick is to drain during a multiball to maximize the end of ball bonus benefit, but the reward is available for single ball play as well.

#66 9 years ago
Quoted from Quiddity:

Siren combo. Quorra then Gem. Normally off the right flipper, hit the Quorra loop, use the upper left flipper as it comes down to shoot Gem.

You CAN do this, if so make sure the recogniser bank is dropped to open out the shot a little but...

I find a shot off the O in TRON from the right flipper flies directly round the gem shot. Once again open the recogniser target bank first.

#67 9 years ago
Quoted from zsciaeount:

Does anyone have advice for Light Cycle Multiball? I can't seem to complete it. I really wish it had an add-a-ball feature.

Easier said than done but here it is... Trap a ball on each flipper. From the right, hit the left ramp. When it comes back, hit the Quorra shot. Now do a split flipper shot from the upper left flipper to the right ramp. There ya go, light cycle solidly lit.

#68 9 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

Easier said than done but here it is... Trap a ball on each flipper. From the right, hit the left ramp. When it comes back, hit the Quorra shot. Now do a split flipper shot from the upper left flipper to the right ramp. There ya go, light cycle solidly lit.

I think something like two left-ramp -> Quorra shots will also light it without the side ramp, at least it did on the one I used to play.

#69 9 years ago

IIRC, there are three Light Cycle jackpot levels, single, super, double super.

Single jackpot is any lit shot,
Super jackpots are then lit at any combos from the first shot (2 way combo)
Double Supers are then lit at any combo from the second shot (3 way combo)

Completing lightcycle can be done by collecting a double super (3 way combo) or by collecting 3 (I think) super jackpots (3x two way combos)

There may be a number of single jackpots to complete it but I don't think I've ever seen it happen.

Completing it in SoS is different but similar. It doesn't require combos but the shots light in the same sequence as you make them.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 350.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 109.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 99.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Disk war combatant Pre-order!
RamMods

10,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Willington, DE
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
PFX Pinball Mods

11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Reno, NV
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Trade
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 6.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 14.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Venice, FL
$ 8.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 69 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tron-rules-questions/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.