• Latest reply 10 years ago by mulder2010
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image.jpg
#1 11 years ago

The flat rubber ring that grips the ball was thrown off the spinner in my Tron Pro. I did a search but couldn't find anything from anyone else.

Has anyone experienced this? I'm sure it just needs some glue but I don't know what kind to use to affix it. Thanks.

#2 11 years ago

I used Loctite brand "vinyl, fabric & plastic flexible adhesive (transparent)" from Lowes. Just make sure your surfaces are clean, apply as directed, and secure with copious masking tape while it cures. Several hundred games later, and my disc is still attached solid.

Btw - Based on others recommendations I tried contact cement at first, but that was too thick and made a huge mess that took hours to clean up just to start over.

#3 11 years ago

Thank you, I might have gone with the contact cement as a default guess.

#4 11 years ago

This has happened to mine twice.
I used contact cement and it's staying in place just fine!

#5 11 years ago

I used contact cement and it worked great. Just be careful not to use too much and to coat both surfaces.

#6 11 years ago

My tron lost its rubber after 250 plays. It split in two so. Called stern to get new one and used clear silicone its holding fine now.Just hope Gem and Quorra were using protection as i really dont have room for another pin right now.

#7 11 years ago
Quoted from plowpusher:

My tron lost its rubber after 250 plays. It split in two so. Called stern to get new one and used clear silicone its holding fine now.Just hope Gem and Quorra were using protection as i really dont have room for another pin right now.

Ha! I hate it when the rubber breaks.

#8 11 years ago

Terry at pinball life has some replacements as well, if you need then

#9 11 years ago
Quoted from plowpusher:

That's what Flynn said!

#10 11 years ago

Thank you for your assistance everyone. I ended up buying a plastic adhesive, the kind used for fixing rain coats, etc.

The spinner rubber has a groove cut out where it needs to be placed, so it was pretty easy to fix. Some glue on both the spinner and the groove, let is get sticky, then stick them together. So far it has held.

#11 11 years ago

that was an easy fix. i think my tron has 3000 plays..guess they glued mine on well. only had problems with optos in the trough and disc optos and amplifier board.

10 months later
#12 10 years ago

Did anybody prep the two surfaces prior to using the adhesive? If so, what did you use?

#13 10 years ago
Quoted from mulder2010:

Did anybody prep the two surfaces prior to using the adhesive? If so, what did you use?

Mine has never come off so I can't speak from experience. But if you cleaned both surfaces with alcohol that should work fine.

#14 10 years ago

I just re-placed mine with rubber cement, 1000 plays later and its still going.

On a related note. The foam pads to the left and right of the disc (balls that miss the quarra shot and the disc really have chewed mine up) what is the replacement for those?

#15 10 years ago

I just re-placed mine with rubber cement, 1000 plays later and its still going.
On a related note. The foam pads to the left and right of the disc (balls that miss the quarra shot and the disc really have chewed mine up) what is the replacement for those?

Here's how I fixed the issue with the round rubber pads on either side of the disc. I bought these from Pinballlife. They are adhesive backed and get out of the way much better without the dirt.

image.jpgimage.jpg

#16 10 years ago

If you want the original this looks to be the part # 545-5105-00. Described as "Bumper BLK Pad(sm/with grommet).

#17 10 years ago

Some great info here guys thanks for sharing!

#18 10 years ago
Quoted from Kevin_LHeureux:

Here's how I fixed the issue with the round rubber pads on either side of the disc. I bought these from Pinballlife. They are adhesive backed and get out of the way much better without the dirt.

Those look good, whats the link for them?

#19 10 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

If you want the original this looks to be the part # 545-5105-00. Described as "Bumper BLK Pad(sm/with grommet).

Its definitely NOT these. I ordered a couple a few months back. These are the black bumpers at the end of the ramps it looks like. All I know is that these were rubber when the original ones are a foam of some type.

#20 10 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

Mine has never come off so I can't speak from experience. But if you cleaned both surfaces with alcohol that should work fine.

How do you get the old adhesive up? Alcohol worked fine on the rubber ring, but the disk itself it a little tougher. Any product that has a good track record?

#22 10 years ago
Quoted from mulder2010:

How do you get the old adhesive up? Alcohol worked fine on the rubber ring, but the disk itself it a little tougher. Any product that has a good track record?

Bump

1 month later
#23 10 years ago

Used the loctite rubber/vinyl product on mine, but it has already come off again. I never did get all of the old adhesive off. Would acetone hurt the plastic disc ?? What is best to remove adhesive without affecting the disc. Somebody has to know. Thanks !!!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Venice, FL
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Trade
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 8.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 350.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 14.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Disk war combatant Pre-order!
RamMods

10,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Willington, DE
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 99.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
PFX Pinball Mods

$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods

$ 6.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 109.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tron-rubber-from-top-of-spinner-flew-off and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.