Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 26 posts
  • 13 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by kvan99
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 10 years ago

Tron owners rejoice (if, of course, you have any reason to change any of the music in one of the world's greatest pinball machines)! Thanks to oga83's AWESOME Pinball Browser, I have killed off this loop which brings me endless disappointment when playing this amazing game. Of course, you can put anything you like in it's place, but I chose an excerpt from Disc Wars off the soundtrack album. The reference point is 42 in the browser and the original clip is 15.945 seconds in duration. The OCD musician crowd may notice that this particular music clip just misses a full cycle by about a bar and a half (the full 12 bar loop is 18 seconds so is just cut short at the end), but you don't notice it at all during play. Please excuse the shaky, one handed video+playing camera work, but this is more about sound than vision.

Man, I love this game!

#2 10 years ago

I prefer the original personally. Your replacement music sounds pretty seamless though. Well done.

#3 10 years ago

Flippin sweet!

#4 10 years ago

Sorry, I prefer the original as well. In my opinion, the music on Tron cannot be improved. It is one of the best sounding pinball machines of all time. I don't think you can improve upon it. That being said, the music you put in is very catchy and I definitely don't mind it.

#5 10 years ago
    Quoted from TimeBandit:

The OCD musician crowd may notice that this particular music clip just misses a full cycle by about a bar and a half (the full 12 bar loop is 18 seconds so is just cut short at the end)

I've been mucking around with this, and time compressing the music so it loops better. Thanks for posting the vid, I haven't changed my roms yet, still having difficulty with "pops" noticeable in the audio once I import it.

#6 10 years ago

deleted.

#7 10 years ago

Yeah I was bummed it wasn't closer to the right time. It was just too long to condense and not sound like a chipmunk band. You're probably already all over the level thing, but I'll mention it just in case.. apologies if you are already aware of these points.. Pops should not occur if the level on audacity never goes into the red and you gain volume by using the compressor.

#8 10 years ago

Here's an example of what I'm working on. I noticed the original music had a lead, so I matched that timing and then looped the rest.

The pop I'm hearing I detect even if the music is not loud at all. I use Sound Forge, so I'll keep messing with it.

http://www.frolicsarcade.com/Sound-44F-newversion3.mp3

#9 10 years ago

If anyone ever wants to change out the Thiel music played during Gem mode with Daft Punk music then I would recommend the soundtrack song named End Of Line... specifically starting around 50 seconds into it. I think this matches the mood of the Thiel's song and was probably his inspiration.

#10 10 years ago
    Quoted from frolic:

Here's an example of what I'm working on. I noticed the original music had a lead, so I matched that timing and then looped the rest.

cool..couple extra seconds at the front then perfect loop from then.

#11 10 years ago

I just made a post in another thread regarding this very loop. Very nice! I might take a crack at this

#12 10 years ago

I prefer the original too.

Quoted from TimeBandit:

one of the most loathed music loops in pinball

Uh...no.

#13 10 years ago

Whatever. Awesome utility from oga83 which allows us to change the little annoying things in our otherwise amazing machines in order to take our playing enjoyment to new and exciting levels. Bravo oga83!

#14 10 years ago

well, that's it, we are modding our own machines, so we can do what we like.

#15 10 years ago

So I changed the music as well and I get about 1 second of silence between looping. How do I fix it from having the silence?

I also changed the sound when it ejects the ball from the arcade to play the level up sound from the original video game.

#16 10 years ago

personally, i'd like to replace every jeff bridges voice-over clip with something cool said by one of hot tron girls.

already replaced my 3d translite of 2 (not 1, but 2!!!) jeff bridges head shots with the hotter (but 2d) tron girls translite. some doofus at stern had a serious fantasy bromance on bridges. ick.

#17 10 years ago
    Quoted from TimeBandit:

Tron owners rejoice (if, of course, you have any reason to change any of the music in one of the world's greatest pinball machines)! Thanks to oga83's AWESOME Pinball Browser, I have killed off this loop which brings me endless disappointment when playing this amazing game. Of course, you can put anything you like in it's place, but I chose an excerpt from Disc Wars off the soundtrack album. The reference point is 42 in the browser and the original clip is 15.945 seconds in duration. The OCD musician crowd may notice that this particular music clip just misses a full cycle by about a bar and a half (the full 12 bar loop is 18 seconds so is just cut short at the end), but you don't notice it at all during play. Please excuse the shaky, one handed video+playing camera work, but this is more about sound than vision.
    » YouTube video
    Man, I love this game!

Is there a tutorial/walk through on how to do this somewhere?? Is it pretty simple to do if u can just replace originals with new versions??

#18 10 years ago
    Quoted from vectordreams:

So I changed the music as well and I get about 1 second of silence between looping. How do I fix it from having the silence?

Two ways..either slow your clip down or take a longer sample. The original samples have their length displayed in Pinball Browser. Your new clip needs to be the same length or longer. If it is longer it will just cut off at the equal original length. Any amount of time that your are shorter will just come out as silence.

#19 10 years ago
    Quoted from cmproductions:

Is there a tutorial/walk through on how to do this somewhere?? Is it pretty simple to do if u can just replace originals with new versions??

Lot's of info in the original thread...

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/acdc-display-and-modify-dot-matrix-images

#20 10 years ago

I made a loop as well, but I haven't installed it yet. It's the exact same time as the old one once the speed is adjusted. I adjusted the pitch as well, so although it's faster it doesn't have that chipmunk effect. I was debating making a loop for the multiball with that track though, and using a 15 second bit from Rinzler or Arena for that one's replacement.

I have loops for Gem, using the End of the Line track , and Zuse, using the Castor track as well. If anyone wants those I will be happy to provide them for you! Here they are: http://www.fileconvoy.com/dfl.php?id=gfe2a7f03464539ad999376292146fa493cae17c3a

Also, I agree and disagree with the person who claimed the music is untouchable on Tron. You can tell after hearing the End of the Line and Castor tracks that Thiel was emulating the same sound with the music he composed for the pin, but they just couldn't get rights to the exact music.

Think of how the Zuse mode starts when you are playing, with drum and bass in the beginning, and then the looping music, and then listen to this:

I'm not saying it's like comparing "Ice Ice Baby" and "Under Pressure", but I'm just saying you can tell he was going for that same effect/ambiance. It leads me to believe that this is the track he had in mind.

Post edited by Jakenjoi : spelling

#21 10 years ago

Alright, here's the full bar loop, edited for the exact disc war battle replacement time if anyone else is interested:

http://www.fileconvoy.com/dfl.php?id=g88f5a406c5204e049993763041d1085a398f95afe

#22 10 years ago
    Quoted from 320Gigabytes:

You can tell after hearing the End of the Line and Castor tracks that Thiel was emulating the same sound with the music he composed for the pin, but they just couldn't get rights to the exact music.

I think that the Zuse track in the pinball game is actually emulating the song "Fall" from the sound track.

Have a listen to the soundtrack song "Fall" here:

#23 10 years ago

Ha! Yeah I think you're right!

I thought that song sounded so similar to "Battle" too, so I completely overlooked it:

Either way, I like how the Castor loop fits with the Zuse targets.

#24 10 years ago

Got it fixed this morning. I end up importing a 18 seconds sound file.

#25 10 years ago

I'm loving playing around with the browser!! I've replaced almost every track on tron and avengers now!! Epic!!!!!

#26 10 years ago
    Quoted from ChadH:

I think that the Zuse track in the pinball game is actually emulating the song "Fall" from the sound track.
    Have a listen to the soundtrack song "Fall" here:
    » YouTube video

This is by far the most infectious song in the whole movie...would have made a great multiball mode song...also like the End of Line Gem loop song posted above. Can one of you guys make a ROM for us Tech Noobs?

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tron-rinzler-battle-music-replaced and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.