Topic Stats

• 10 posts
  • 9 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by Perspex
  • Topic is favorited by 5 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

#1 6 years ago

My Tron recognizer motor is kind a of noisy it make a audible whirring sound even though my Trons sound has been upgraded to a FF and is set to 45. Do all of these motors make this sound or do I have a motor bearing that is starting to fail?

Thanks for your help,
Al

#2 6 years ago

Seems like this is the norm around here. The faster it spins, the louder it is. Surprised u are hearing it at 45 though

#3 6 years ago

You should lube the motor. I did mine and it's been fine. Here is the service bulletin from the Stern site. It's for the POTC disk but it's the same motor.

Link here:
http://www.sternpinball.com/SB/ServiceBulletin_169.html

Pappy

#4 6 years ago

Mine is loud. I've heard from enough people that this is normal so I got used to it. Hasn't blown up yet.

11 months later
#5 5 years ago

Just wondering how many people have tried lubing the motor as in the service bulletin? My game came with 83 plays and no issues and now I have 200+ and I noticed last night that I could hear the disc spin now.

#6 5 years ago
Quoted from vectordreams:

Just wondering how many people have tried lubing the motor as in the service bulletin? My game came with 83 plays and no issues and now I have 200+ and I noticed last night that I could hear the disc spin now.

Mine has similar play numbers to vectordreams, and I have recently been researching this. Check out this other thread: http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/my-tron-spinner-sounds-ss

#7 5 years ago
Quoted from vectordreams:

I oiled mine using a bamboo skewer and gun oil, it quieted it down some but I can still hear it if I turn the volume down.

#8 5 years ago

Thanks PC-Pin-NC for the other thread. I did a search and did not see that one. I am going to pull the motor later and add some oil to the motor.

#9 5 years ago

Our disc has been semi-loud ever since ownership. We play it with the volume up, 6k games and counting.

#10 5 years ago

I've done the oiling, but yeah...it's normal for the loud whirring. It doesn't bother me now like it did initially.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
6,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pasadena, CA
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Other
...redshiftLED
€ 95.00
Lighting - Led
FlipperLED
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Machine - For Sale
Covington, GA
$ 26.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside