Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15 posts
  • 11 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by dos_reboot
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

060.jpg
    #1 11 years ago

Any of you with a TRON Pro having issues around the magnet on the PF chipping. I probably have less then 150 plays and have noticed a few PF chips of wood all around the circle of where the magnet is! I don't think there is a fix out for this yet? If there is, I wouldvlike to hear about it.
    I have also E-mailed Stern to see what they can do.
    Thanks,
    Shaun

#2 11 years ago

Yes, gotta use the little Mylar circles from pinball life

#3 11 years ago

Where is there a magnet on Tron?

#4 11 years ago
    Quoted from Frax:

Where is there a magnet on Tron?

+1

I am assuming the OP is either talking about the up post or the spinning disc...

#6 11 years ago

There is no magnet on tron.

#7 11 years ago
    Quoted from markmon:

There is no magnet on tron.

That can't be right. Can it?

I've NEVER seen a ball fly faster than from the recognizer on a Tron. Surface friction alone can't do this.

#8 11 years ago
    Quoted from pinster68:

That can't be right. Can it?
    I've NEVER seen a ball fly faster than from the recognizer on a Tron. Surface friction alone can't do this.

It's just rubber on a spinning disc.

#9 11 years ago

The disc most be mounted to low as this is not common. My thought is that you may be missing the runner or the disc is seated to low in relation to the PF

#10 11 years ago
    Quoted from daley:

It's just rubber on a spinning disc.

Now I know ... wow, effective contraption there. I thought it was a magnet on a spinning disk that obtained so much grab...

#11 11 years ago

Correction, yes it is the Spinning Disk which I thought was a magnet. I will check to see that it is all the way up.
    Thanks,
    Shaun

#12 11 years ago

Pics ??

#13 11 years ago

Yes we need pics...

Going to inspect mine now!

#14 11 years ago

Speaking of this area...I noticed that in the Pinball New review of Tron Pro that their machine had Mylar installed in front of the recognizer bank. Mine did not come with that Mylar. Does anyone else have this Mylar installed?

060.jpg060.jpg

#15 11 years ago
    Quoted from daley:

Speaking of this area...I noticed that in the Pinball New review of Tron Pro that their machine had Mylar installed in front of the recognizer bank. Mine did not come with that Mylar. Does anyone else have this Mylar installed?

My came from the last run and did not have this.

Mylar around the bank target area might be a good idea, but I don't see a need for that much mylar as long as the pf is cleaned/waxed often with new balls every year.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tron-recognizer-magnet-chipping-wood and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.