(Topic ID: 42404)

#Tron Pro vs. Tron LE? Pros / Cons other than big time cash?

By Beez

6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 43 posts
  • 27 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by bjorg
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider robt.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#18 6 years ago
Quoted from The_Dude_Abides:

TRON LE has lit color changing ramps, chrome rails and lock down bar & legs, drop targets instead of stand up targets, moving recognizer, and an extra multiball (daft punk multiball). The playfield on the LE also came with an extra coat of clear.
The LE looks great and the lit ramps really make the pin pop without a doubt. The gameplay is just about identical. The daft punk multiball is pretty cool. It really comes down to how important aesthetics and the multiball are to you . To some it is very important. There is a mod that is supposedly coming out for the pro to light the ramps very similarly to the LE but then again that is not a sure thing. On a pin this expensive I would say track one down and play it before spending that much on it. I could not justify spending $5,000 more for the LE but that is just like my opinion man. Both are sweet pins either way your getting a winner.

Dude, that is about as good of a summary as could be written!

I'm not sure if it was ever confirmed that the LE had an extra coat of clear compared to the pro?

#21 6 years ago
Quoted from The_Dude_Abides:

Thanks Rob. You know I am not positive about the extra coat of clear but for some reason I remember that being one of the selling points of the LE. Anyone else know for sure one way or another?

Yep, I remember it being one of the selling points too, but it might have been based on prior releases (like LOTR LE) and nothing official from Stern. But like you, I'm not sure.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 90.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Rock Custom Pinball
Machine - For Sale
Covington, GA
$ 50.00
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
€ 95.00
Lighting - Led
FlipperLED

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider robt.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside