(Topic ID: 42404)

#Tron Pro vs. Tron LE? Pros / Cons other than big time cash?

By Beez

6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 43 posts
  • 27 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by bjorg
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider playernumber4.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#32 6 years ago

The mod for the lighted ramps will make it look similar to the LE but cannot duplicate it. On the LE the ramps all change color at once and match insert colors or modes. The aftermarket mod is sound activated at best to change colors. It is a very nice mod and attractive for sure, but does not function in any way as the LE lighting does.
And as mentioned, there are many other differences. The LE playfield is a totally different playfield too. I'm not trying to hype the LE because I have one, just trying to make sure that someone does not put out the cash for the pro thinking they can turn it into an LE with an expensive light kit. If I did not have an LE I would probably put the ramp light kit on a pro. Its a very attractive feature that makes your game stand out from the other games in your collection.
Regarding the extra coat of clear on Tron LE, we had rumors before production that it would have the extra layer. However, when the advertisements came out for the LE there was no mention of an extra coat of clear. My playfield does not seem to have an extra coat of clear although its hard to tell being that Stern was still doing a terrible job of their clearcoat on the Trons. They were all somewhat rough and with orangepeel. They kicked up their playfield surface quality bigtime by the time they made Xmen LE and it is very obvious that there is extra clear on Xmen at a much higher level of quality than their previous games.
AC/DC was between them and some were higher quality and some of them were not. There is a good chance the new runs of AC/DC have a smoother surface than some of the original AC/DC LTBR/BIB editions. Some of the pics of the early run AC/DC games were not very complimentary to Stern's quality levels of the playfield finish.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Brooklyn , NY
$ 26.50

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider playernumber4.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside