• Tron pro 46 votes
    48%
  • Metallica pro 25 votes
    26%
  • WOZ 25 votes
    26%

(96 votes)

#1 10 years ago

I Cant decide.I own acdc prem & Lotr.Room for one more.Tron nib window is closing fast.Played Tron,Seen video of Met & Woz.I like them all,But will only buy one of them.

#2 10 years ago

Might want to make this a poll. Metallica Pro for me all day long.

#3 10 years ago

The one you like best

#4 10 years ago

Pretty simple - play before you pay

#5 10 years ago

Tron Pro is a great game. Metallica Pro looks great too but who knows yet. I don't think you can go wrong with either.

#6 10 years ago

Tron Pro is my only game for the last 3 months....still cannot get enough. Tons of mods and its a fast pace game you can literally just walk by and play on a whim. Dont think it will be leaving my collection ever.

#7 10 years ago
Quoted from ulmpharmd:

Tron Pro is my only game for the last 3 months....still cannot get enough. Tons of mods and its a fast pace game you can literally just walk by and play on a whim. Dont think it will be leaving my collection ever.

Great point - the game is fast, fun, and doesn't last forever unless you just really put a great game together. When I want to play a quicker game I play Tron. Feel like playing along time, LOTR or ACDC.

#8 10 years ago

Really hard poll since WoZ and Metallica are almost nonexistent in the wild. Ask in a month when people get solid playtime on each.

#9 10 years ago

Hard to say. Tron is a fantastic game, and we know that to be certain. Metallica and WoZ are unknown at this point, aside from some play on WoZ that's based off of unfinished code. It's a bit of an issue, because if you wait too long for WoZ or Metallica to get out there, the Tron NIB games could dry up.

Personally, I have a Tron and I love it. It's a special game. I just don't know how it will compare with the final WoZ or Metallica products.

#10 10 years ago

Play all 3

Then buy one

Buying a NIB WOZ now = looooooong wait

Buying a NIB Metallica = short wait

Buying HUO or NIB Tron = no wait

Personally I'd take Tron off the list in favor of Metallica if you like it & later on when real tangible WOZ inventory is with distro's consider selling a machine to make room for it if its a game you like

#11 10 years ago
Quoted from Pinzzz:

I Cant decide.I own acdc prem & Lotr.Room for one more.Tron nib window is closing fast.Played Tron,Seen video of Met & Woz.I like them all,But will only buy one of them.

If the window on Tron closes before you get a chance to play MET & WOZ and you must have NIB, then go Tron, otherwise play all 3 and decide for yourself. Why let us knuckleheads spend your money?

#12 10 years ago

I too wanted a NIB Tron before they sold out and pulled the trigger a few weeks ago. The game rocks. Even my fiance likes it. Somehow the 2d version I ordered arrived with the 3d translite, which was great. If it must be NIB, get the Tron now. If not, wait a while and see how the other games compare.

#13 10 years ago

Buy the Tron Pro now. If a few months down the road you decide you would rather have Metallica you should be able to sell Tron for close to what you bought it for (or more) and buy a Metallica. Then a few months later once WOZ is readily available and software is complete you can sell the Metallica for a small loss and pickup a WOZ std. without having to wait for it. That's what I would do.

#14 10 years ago

Tron
If you do have fun modding the hell out if it

#15 10 years ago

I bought XM LE was kinda meh, (but it is much better now) but I was really sour on Stern. This is the risk if you take a game like Met or Woz, it's not a sure thing.

A couple of months after that I was able to buy a new Tron. I know this is pme of my all time best pins, it's to me a top 10, but I think it will stick around in the top 10- top 20 pins. I will never sell this game. I Love it. I had never played Tron either, but saw the reviews and watched the videos etc. Loved it from the first game and every game on it since.

WoZ, or Met they could wind up being great but Tron already is great.

I bought Tron before the code update. I put the new code on it for a couple games. But then went back to the older code. Not that I didn't like the new code or anything, but I wanted to play the heck out the old code and have something to look forward to with the new code.

I am also getting Woz, looks great. I'm sure it's very different than Tron or Met. But I like the theme and have a thing for Widebody pins, I owned TZ, IJ and STTNG. Some people don't care for WB but I do.

I don't understand music pins. And to me Met is not really a theme I am super into, or ACDC either.

For me, I would say:
1) Tron (less risk because it's really good and you should be able to sell it well into the future).

2) Woz for me the theme is great and I think it looks far beyond any Stern.

3) Met (close third) I don't know enough to say, I am not in the market for one so I kind of don't study it. But this looks like a good pin, but to me, I'd really wait for Star Trek if I was going to pick Met or ST I'd like to know more about both first. I say ST because I have two Borg pins and no Steve Ritchie pins.

#16 10 years ago

Bump

#17 10 years ago

I've played them all and I would vote for Tron. I had plans of Metallica being my first NIB. After playing it, I don't think I'll be buying. Tron is tried and true...

#18 10 years ago

Just be aware that if you're a skilled player, Tron WILL get easy. It least it did for me. You will clean and wax that sucker, clean the disc, put on those transparent rubbers so it plays completely different, then you will still be able to rock the game. Case in point, I hadn't played Tron since before we sold ours last week. We went to see Iron Man 3, I played ONE GAME on the one on location, haven't touched that speciifc machine in months, ball rolling to the left enough to be pretty annoying, I still managed to get to SOS with Lightcycle and Quorra solid, finished Gem, Clu, and almost finished disc (last mode) in SOS. On ball 2. =| Never got back to SOS to make another run at portal that game, but this is what I have personally come to consider an "average" game of Tron for me. It's no longer a "short" game, IMO. Just something to consider.

Tron encourages very safe controlled play. If you are good at that, and get good at making shots at Tron, and the tilt is somewhat reasonable, you can have very long ball times. Sure, you can set it up like PAPA, but that's not how the game is designed. It's an excellent game, and I'm extremely glad it was my first NIB purchase, and it was very tough to let it go. I'm still not sure I made the RIGHT decision on that one. Time will tell.

WOZ is the polar opposite of Tron, and nobody really knows SQUAT about Metallica, or what Metallica will become after 4-5 Lyman updates.

#19 10 years ago

tough to say, play all three then order one
i'd go against tron personally.

#20 10 years ago

I was debating Tron vs. Metallica, and decided to take a chance on Metallica. I already have Tron in a temp trade through August, so hopefully I'll be sick of it by then. After putting about 100 games on Tron, I'd definitely put it in my top ten. BUT...Metallica's playfield artwork is EPIC. And I think the rules are going be great, just based on what I've already seen. Tron has better cabinet artwork, but who looks at the cab?

#21 10 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

I still managed to get to SOS with Lightcycle and Quorra solid, finished Gem, Clu, and almost finished disc (last mode) in SOS. On ball 2. =| Never got back to SOS to make another run at portal that game, but this is what I have personally come to consider an "average" game of Tron for me.

So you got to SOS and retired eh

There is no second SOS before Portal btw.

#22 10 years ago

I watched the latest videos put up for MET.And it just doesnt seem to excite me the way ACDC did with early code.I just think,Regradless of code they went the cheap route.Even on prem they give you the same black legs and rails.No rail button protection.No jukebox,They intergated it in the dmd.Cheap 8" sub in pro and prem.No upper or lower playfield.U cant change the song in the middle of game play.I think Tron is the winner.I think i have a good shot of breaking even or making a profit if i dump tron in a year or two.While there still pumping out Metallicas.
Thxs for all your input.

#23 10 years ago

Tron is on the way.Cant wait to mod it out.I am concerned with the light cycles mod with not being able to change the bulbs.After all,They are christmas tree hallmark ornaments.

#24 10 years ago

Congrats, you made a great choice. Enjoy!

#25 10 years ago

I sold my Tron I buy Woz. Tron is very overrated and gets boring quickly

#26 10 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

So you got to SOS and retired eh
There is no second SOS before Portal btw.

As I recall, there actually is a second chance at SOS. You have to requalify all of the multiballs, including the ones you've already completed. Then any other inserts flashing, and the scoop will take you back to SOS.

For the OP, I'm biased. I've had Tron for a while now and still love it. I was 4 shots away from starting portal multiball last night and was almost screaming at the game when I hit the spinning disc and it zipped out the left outlane. I already had a tilt warning, so nothing to do but watch it go.

If it was me, I'd buy Tron and play the heck out of it. The price holds pretty well on Tron, so you shouldn't lose much, if anything. It should remain popular. Then down the road if it isn't a keeper for you, sell it on and get one of the others. By then WOZ or MET would have proved themselves and be more readily available.

#27 10 years ago

If you can still find a Tron pro, get one . . .

#28 10 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

As I recall, there actually is a second chance at SOS. You have to requalify all of the multiballs, including the ones you've already completed. Then any other inserts flashing, and the scoop will take you back to SOS.

Hmmm...could be. I was playing it the other day and pretty sure i had to go through everything again and full light my missing events, and it lit Portal.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 149.00
$ 4.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

9,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Santa Maria, CA
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 14.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 12.95
$ 30.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Chrome Candy

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 16.95
$ 350.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

7,600 (OBO)
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 8.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 5.00
Machine - For Sale
St. Clair Shores, MI
10,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Willington, DE

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tron-pro-vs-metallica-pro-vs-woz and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.