Topic Stats

• 13 posts
  • 11 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by o-din
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 9 years ago

I love my heavily modified Tron Pro with chrome armor. Tron was my first pin and I still like it a lot. That said, I have a very preliminary trade offer for a very shiny brass IJ with color DMD. My problem here is that I love Tron and have never played a Williams IJ before.

I'm leaning towards no trade but the values are similar and I know IJ gets a lot of love around here. Figured I'd start a thread and see what gets thrown out there. I know they are very different types of games.

Just curious. Thanks.

#2 9 years ago

Slowly walk away from the keyboard and forget you ever typed this...

#3 9 years ago

IJ blows Tron out of the water.

But you've never played IJ and yet you want one enough enough to trade one of your favorite games away for it? Why not goto a show or another pinhead's house to play IJ and see if you like it at all before making a deal?

#4 9 years ago

I had an IJ for 15 years before trading it away ...... must be a good game to own for that long

#5 9 years ago

Best advice is to find an IJ and play it before you decide. At an expo last year I couldn't wait to finally play Tron. I realized after playing multiple times that I didn't like it. I was very surprised. I was glad I didn't buy before playing.

#6 9 years ago

I have an Ij and I wouldn't trade it. Money wise it might be the same but Ij is more fun to me.

#7 9 years ago

Tron is a far superior game to IJ in a competitive environment. In the home, an IJ may be good especially if you can get past the flounder-eyed Harri-ford.

I like to play tron quite a bit and the flow is incredible. The rules are head and shoulders over IJ.

But the best advice is to play the game and go with what feels best for you.

Enjoy the ride!

#8 9 years ago

Dont trade your precious for a game you've never played. Go put a couple hours on that IJ.

#9 9 years ago

Thanks for the input. This basically confirms my thought to simply stay with what I have and already know I like.

#10 9 years ago

Tron VS anything. Tron wins....no need for anymore Tron VS threads

#11 9 years ago

If someone had a besutiful indy with color Dmd I would be tempted. Both great pins

#12 9 years ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

If someone had a besutiful indy with color Dmd I would be tempted. Both great pins

Yes, tempting for sure. I just wish I had some plays on one. That said, I just got done playing Tron and it gets my blood rushing so it would be very hard to let go.

#13 9 years ago

I'd like to see these two play each other.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

12,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Wilmington, DE
Wanted
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Disk war combatant Pre-order!
RamMods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 70.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 1,319.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 1,419.00
$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

10,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Willington, DE
$ 14.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 0.00
Playfield - Other
PinJewels

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 85.00
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

14,000 (OBO)
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tron-pro-vs-ij-wms and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.