IMG_9361 (resized).jpg
IMG_9368 (resized).jpg
image-44.jpg
13679600914_8894c6c373_o.jpg
13679298503_714ee379cd_o.jpg
IMG_20140129_191601.jpg
IMG_20140129_191622.jpg
IMG_20140129_184609.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider EightBitWhit.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#28 10 years ago

Buckman,

Thanks much for this thread - it's great to see how the kit comes together. Just out of curiosity - what LED's do you have in your playfield? The lighting on your game looks fantastic.

#62 10 years ago
Quoted from Buckman:

Happy to help out fellow Pinsiders if I can! Earlier this year someone had asked me about my LED setup and I put together a thread showing what I had and links to everything. I really like how the LEDs turned out (took a while swapping stuff in and out, but finally came up with a look that I liked):
http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tron-pro-my-led-setup-gi-inserts-with-links

OK sir - many thanks for that! I'll go check out the thread!

6 years later
#156 3 years ago

So - I fully realize I'm likely the last person on planet earth to install my Eli kit, but I was (finally) able to square away the time now that I'm home more and get this project done! I do want to thank Buckman for the videos and the follow-through on the thread, as your posts really helped to round out with good info when the Pinbits instructions just didn't go the distance.

I'm including a few pictures of my ramps for the sake of documenting where I drilled and installed zip-ties and a few others that I thought would be complimentary to the rest of the thread.

A few points to note on my install...

#1 -I used a 1/8" Plas-Drill bit and it worked an absolute treat. I drilled every hole from the underside of the ramp up through the "shoulder" and then removed any leftover plastic with a razor blade and the holes came out smooth and clean. I also added quite a few parallel/second holes so that I'd have proper thru-access for the zip ties.

IMG_9354 (resized).jpgIMG_9354 (resized).jpg

IMG_9355 (resized).jpgIMG_9355 (resized).jpg

#2 - In retrospect, I probably installed too many zip ties, but I wanted to make sure that the fiber tubes hugged the ramp lip very uniformly and there were no sags along the run. Once the ramps lit up, they "blended" right into the ramp light show, and I barely even notice them from the topside.

IMG_9341(Edited) (resized).jpgIMG_9341(Edited) (resized).jpg

IMG_9347(Edited) (resized).jpgIMG_9347(Edited) (resized).jpg

#3 - I used 1/4" heat shrink tubing to clean up the underside of the playfield and noticed that it made a marked difference in the overall brightness of the light runs and virtually eliminated the insert bleeding I was seeing before-hand. I'd now consider this a mandatory step, IMHO.

IMG_9368 (resized).jpgIMG_9368 (resized).jpg

#4 - While the ramps are off, it's an excellent time to go a little deeper on the time committment and remove the plastics and re-ring the whole playfield. I was still playing with all-original rubber, and several rings had begun to crack and show signs of coming apart. I switched to translucent Titans for the entire playfield and installed new flipper rubbers as well.

All-in-all an excellent mod and I really wish I had done this sooner. I really appreciated this thread, as it was a good running discussion on the best way to be successful with this install.

IMG_9363 (resized).jpgIMG_9363 (resized).jpg

IMG_9361 (resized).jpgIMG_9361 (resized).jpg

IMG_9359 (resized).jpgIMG_9359 (resized).jpg

#158 3 years ago
Quoted from MUGEN_4_LIFE:

HELP!!
I need a FIBEROPTIC KIT like this or something better... in hopes that SOMEONE IN THIS AWESOME COMMUNITY CAN HELP ME FIND A COOL RAMP LIGHT MOD SETUP!
THANKS SHO MUCH FOR ANY AND ALL THE HELP!

Not sure what to tell you on the actual ramp other than to call Marco or Pinball Life and see if someone there can help you. Maybe another (large) distributor would have one hanging around...it'll likely be a hunting game more than anything else.

On the ramp kit - call Pam @ Pinbits and see if she can put one together for you.

#161 3 years ago
Quoted from MUGEN_4_LIFE:

Sorry,
got carried away there but I will be sure and email Pam. Does she usually respond to folks in a timely manner? I've received older orders from her in the past just been a while since I purchased protector kits from her.
Thanks again!

No problem. No idea on Pam @ Pinbits...I've had an order into them for a bit and it hasn't been acknowledged yet or shipped, so I'm not sure what's going on with their business.

1 week later
#165 3 years ago
Quoted from EightBitWhit:

No problem. No idea on Pam @ Pinbits...I've had an order into them for a bit and it hasn't been acknowledged yet or shipped, so I'm not sure what's going on with their business.

Just to follow-up... I did get the order I referenced above. It came in a couple of days ago, and was complete, so they are still in business.

I just checked their website, and saw the following update from earlier this month:

Pinbits2 (resized).pngPinbits2 (resized).png

And I did find their contact info on the website as well:

Pinbits1 (resized).pngPinbits1 (resized).png

So for anyone who doesn't get a response via e-mail, it'd be worth the call. I'd love to know if they can still put the kits together and whether we'd ever have access to spare parts for kit were they ever to become necessary....

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 109.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 6.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 350.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Trade
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Disk war combatant Pre-order!
RamMods

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

10,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Willington, DE
$ 8.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
PFX Pinball Mods

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 99.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Venice, FL
$ 14.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider EightBitWhit.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tron-pro-step-by-step-video-how-to-install-elis-ramp-mod?tu=EightBitWhit and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.