• 17 posts
  • 8 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by hassanchop
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 7 years ago

Hi Guys,

I just found out about the new roms for TRON that came out in FEB this year and after reading through the changes I am not sure if I want to update. I like all of the things I read except for the SOS advance that can be attained from the Arcade shot. Does anyone know if this can be disabled? I like the fact that you have to complete each mode in order to get to portal in the rom set that I have and would like to keep it that way if I update to the latest roms.

Can a fellow tron pro owner tell me if there is a way to disable this before I wipe out my old roms? I just don't want it to be too easy to get to Portal Multiball.

Thanks,

-Scott

#2 7 years ago

I'm not exactly sure what qualified lighting flynn's arcade, but if you did hit the scoop when lit during sos then it only gave you credit for one shot. If you needed the zuse targets it would just spot you one of them. It did make finishing gem in sos easier though.

#3 7 years ago

Ah ok, so it doesn't advance over the mode unless it's a one shot mode? (for example if you are trying to get GEM it would just complete the GEM shot for you in SOS if you hit the arcade shot?)

-Scott

#4 7 years ago

The SOS advance that can be attained from the Arcade shot is collected only if you have Flynn Arcade lit. To light it you have to shoot the right outer loop.
In SOS you don't use that much because you start SOS in the Flynn Arcade, so it starts unlit.
But it is very useful in those days that you simply can't shoot gem and you don't know why.
Go for it, the new code is really awesome. And the fact that now you can get an extra ball worths it all.

#5 7 years ago
Quoted from azox:

Ah ok, so it doesn't advance over the mode unless it's a one shot mode?

That is correct.

It is very useful for for the light cycles for example, where you need to shoot them all and you can get a free gem or quorra shot.. but you still have to shoot the rest.

#6 7 years ago

I believe you can just keep relighting the scoop from the right orbit and shoot the scoop to advance through a multi-shot requirement.

Personally I prefer the old code.

Quoted from hassanchop:

That is correct.
It is very useful for for the light cycles for example, where you need to shoot them all and you can get a free gem or quorra shot.. but you still have to shoot the rest.

#7 7 years ago
Quoted from SolarRide:

I believe you can just keep relighting the scoop from the right orbit and shoot the scoop to advance through a multi-shot requirement.
Personally I prefer the old code.

If you can keep hitting the right orbit and the scoop over and over I'd say you deserve the advance anyway. Most of the other shots on the PF are as difficult or easier (for me at least) with the exception of the GEM shot.

Throwing the ball into or near the pops in SOS makes my heart skip a beat. I'd rather shoot the actual shots 9/10 times. I believe there is also a scoring penalty for shooting scoops to advance?

#8 7 years ago
Quoted from azox:

Can a fellow tron pro owner tell me if there is a way to disable this before I Wipe Out my old roms? I just don't want it to be too easy to get to Portal Multiball.

There might be a feature setting for this (don't own one), but just to be safe, backup the old code first. Bottom line is that the new software most definitely makes it easier to reach Portal, which no doubt partly explains the sustained popularity of the game. Backup (USB) tool is under the utilities menu.

#9 7 years ago
Quoted from Purpledrilmonkey:

Throwing the ball into or near the pops in SOS makes my heart skip a beat. I'd rather shoot the actual shots 9/10 times.

Yep. You only use the free shot for gem if you are having a hard time getting it. The right orbit is way too difficult.. not as difficult as gem though.

Quoted from Purpledrilmonkey:

I believe there is also a scoring penalty for shooting scoops to advance?

No. You get the same score.

#10 7 years ago

Which software does papa A division use?

#11 7 years ago

Thanks for all of the replies. It sounds like I should back up the old code first (I didn't know you could do that).

I really like the challenge of forcing the player to hit all of the shots if it's on the way to SOS or during SOS. I hope there is a way to disable the SOS advance feature, but if not I'll have to see if the change makes things too easy or not.

-Scott

#12 7 years ago

A division would probably use the new code, but getting to s.o.s. isn't a gimme and they'll take out the outlane posts completely.

#13 7 years ago
Quoted from hassanchop:

No. You get the same score.

From patch notes:

Added new awards to Flynn's Arcade. They are: ADVANCE CLU, ADVANCE
ZUSE, ADVANCE DISC, ADVANCE LIGHT CYCLE, ADVANCE SEA OF SIMULATION,
and MORE TIME. Advance Sea of Simulation is only available when Sea
of Simulation is running and will spot the next shot during SoS (at
1/10 the points). This should be helpful if the player enters SoS
and has not completed Gem or Light Cycle.

#14 7 years ago

guess i was wrong
..but all the rest i am sure i was right

#15 7 years ago
Quoted from hassanchop:

guess i was wrong
..but all the rest i am sure i was right

No doubt haha

#16 7 years ago

I wouldn't disable it. You almost never get it anyway.

#17 7 years ago
Quoted from RawleyD:

I wouldn't disable it. You almost never get it anyway.

Yep, agree.
This is also my point of view. And the new code is way too good to keep the old one.
Camon, a disc multiball restart with new sounds? New dmd animations? The possibility to change clu lights in sos? The extra ball feature?
Way better than the old one (was perfect already).

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 79.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Arcade Upkeep
$ 26.50

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside