Tron Pro NIB price?

By goatdan

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 6 years ago

If one was to get one of these, how much do you think they would need to pay?

#2 6 years ago
Quoted from goatdan:

$7k

#3 6 years ago

7k easy......their never making them again

#4 6 years ago

How can anyone be certain they will never make it again? Vault Edition? I do not think anyone can make that claim other then Stern. Highly unlikely! Perhaps.... But to say never.. Not sure that is accurate.

That said 7K is about right.

#5 6 years ago

NIB is too much and not worth it...Just buy mine and save a bunch. Same as new but loaded with mods you'd end up wanting anyways.

#6 6 years ago

Crazy how much people pay for NIB. I mean it's not even gift wrapped.

#7 6 years ago

Man I'd love to see Stern vault TRON... Next year.

#8 6 years ago

They'd be crazy not to Vault this. Plenty of demand out there, I think.

#9 6 years ago
Quoted from tdiddy:

7k easy......their never making them again

Why do you think that?

#10 6 years ago

I sold mine for 7k so at lease that much...more the longer time goes by.

#11 6 years ago

Yeah 7k for a nice used one, NIB is certainly more IMO

#12 6 years ago

I would consider getting a Tron VE if they make it. I'm in no hurry and can move on. I'm just not in the market for a 7k used pin probably because I'm too frugal, cheap, or have to move it. Take your pick.

I'm not into all the mods I prefer to add a select few if any at all. Thinking of going with b/w games in the 90's. I'm down to one.

#13 6 years ago

I think a Tron ve would end up being priced the same as the SM ve. Glad I just bought a great modded out Tron for $1700 under a NIB Stern pro here

#14 6 years ago

I personally don't understand the attraction of older NIB pins. You're paying 7k (or more in some instances) for a machine that you don't know the history of (i.e.: what the storage situations were...even though the seller may claim it was climate controlled--I know a guy that claimed that and stored it in 20 degree weather). You also haven't had all the kinks worked out of that machine. Are you going to call Stern and tell them you have a bad board on a NIB machine from 6 years ago? They'll laugh at you.

I paid 7k for my fully modded Tron pro with no problems whatsoever. And I have to say that there's no dimpling that I can see on the playfield. Great quality, and plays like brand new. There are a few starting to pop up for sale that are HUO. I'd rethink this if I were you...

#15 6 years ago

I heard a rumour that Disney will not release the rights to remake Tron.But again its what I heard through the grapevine.I suppose if Stern really wanted to remake they might be able to obtain the rights again for a remake ????

#16 6 years ago
Quoted from ovfdfireman:

Yeah 7k for a nice used one, NIB is certainly more IMO

You would think but it took me 1.5 years to get 7k for my nib.

#17 6 years ago
Quoted from pinballgap:

I heard a rumour that Disney will not release the rights to remake Tron.But again its what I heard through the grapevine.I suppose if Stern really wanted to remake they might be able to obtain the rights again for a remake ????

From what I know about rights, having worked with rights before, all you really need is money and the rights issues can clear right up... And it isn't like Disney has completely abandoned Tron, they are building a roller coaster themed around it in Florida...

#18 6 years ago
Quoted from BradKreisler:

You would think but it took me 1.5 years to get 7k for my nib.

When did you sell it? Honestly, I was thinking sort of the same thing - that modded and blinged out was considerably more attractive than nib...

#19 6 years ago

I bought Kreisler's NIB about about a month ago for 7k NIB. Unfortunately I dumped another 1500-1750 or so on mods and now I'm in over my head. Hahaha oh well, fun to unbox and the game is killer fun and maybe one of the nicest looking Trons out there

#20 6 years ago

I thought Stern said firmly no more Tron. Thats why I got my LE... love it! Its probably me second fav next to my MMR LE. A pro NIB, definitely worth 7K +

#21 6 years ago

Gomez said there will be more Vault Editions – and it will probably be ones that you would expect. That is rather wide open but let’s begin with a look at Stern’s that are in the Top 25:
• Lord Of The Rings – No Vault Yet. So I would consider that a candidate. Still considered by many as one of Sterns best.
• Metallica – Still in production (to some degree). So no VE needed.
• AC/DC - Vault Edition Available
• Star Trek – I think still a bit too recent for VE consideration. But one day…?
• Spider-Man – Vault Edition Available
• The Simpsons Pinball Party – I think what may prevent this from going Vault is the number made. But one day…?
TRON: Legacy - No Vault Yet. So I would consider that a candidate. Also based on the past and current price increases and how high the LE has been going for for over 3+ years I think TRON would be a front runner.
• Iron-Man – Vault Edition Available

So I am thinking LOTR and TRON are most likely to get a VE ‘soonish’

EDIT: To throw in my answer to the OP question: 7K (minimum) NIB (if you can find one). I was looking for a TRON LE a few years ago when they were going for 10K+ (up to around 12.5K), and could have got a TRON PRO NIB for 5,400. Wish I had just got that ...

#22 6 years ago
Quoted from goatdan:

I seem to recall being in your garage years ago and seeing two NIB Tron pros sitting there side by side. I guess you should have held on to one of them ...

I would think of any game Stern has made in the last ten years, Tron would be the most likely candidate to be the next VE. It's an awesome game and still very popular. When they make it, though, I hope they don't add things to it that were only available on the LE. That would be kind of a dickish thing to do to the LE owners.

#23 6 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

When they make it, though, I hope they don't add things to it that were only available on the LE. That would be kind of a dickish thing to do to the LE owners.

I think Stern would keep things that are on the LE exclusive to the LE - like Daft Punk MB and/or the moving recognizer.

I also think Stern can go two ways on the VE.

1. Just take the PRO - add LEDs, lighted ramps (that is such a common mod that it is almost a given on a PRO anyway), latest Stern DMD style cabinet, high resolution decals and PF, replace toy bikes with a Stern version of the Halmark cycles, and color DMD. That alone should sell like crazy, also note that is all just aesthetics - which is the essence of a vault in my opinion.
or...
2. They do the above, but replace the DMD with LCD and use actual movie footage. I don't know if they would go this far though...
3. *(Crazy Option) Hope they don't do this but they could redo the pin with a throwback version to the original TRON.

#24 6 years ago
Quoted from pinballgap:

I heard a rumour that Disney will not release the rights to remake Tron.

We heard that same rumor for years about AC/DC also.

Tron will obviously be remade. Probably offered as a premium with most of the stuff people tack on to their pros anyway.

#25 6 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

We heard that same rumor for years about AC/DC also.
Tron will obviously be remade. Probably offered as a premium with most of the stuff people tack on to their pros anyway.

They will likely do another translite too. They did a different one in each run if I recall. Why stop now? LOL

#26 6 years ago

Would any of you hold off on buying a mint LE currently if it was available? Or do you think the value is still there? All speculation of course, but interested in opinions.

#27 6 years ago

People not wanting a game to be remade so they can sell theirs at a higher price will chime in and say "they'll never re-run it (buy mine instead!)". Usually with bogus claims about rights, licenses whatever. Happened with IM, SM, AC/DC etc etc etc. Tron is about as cheap as a game as they come from a BOM standpoint. They'll rerun it eventually.

#28 6 years ago

I'd be perfectly happy with the "LED Pro" idea like they did with Metallica, although putting the EL wire ramps in it wouldn't hurt my feelings any. But mostly I'd just like to avoid the ZOMG 9K REMAKES PLZ situation we keep running into. If $5500 gets me a NIB TRON PRO, I am happy.

#29 6 years ago
Quoted from Taygeta:

People not wanting a game to be remade so they can sell theirs at a higher price will chime in and say "they'll never re-run it (buy mine instead!)". Usually with bogus claims about rights, licenses whatever. Happened with IM, SM, AC/DC etc etc etc. Tron is about as cheap as a game as they come from a BOM standpoint. They'll rerun it eventually.

I'm fully aware of how that works. But with so few LE's out there, I'm hoping that some of the opinions posted would be from those who don't have skin in the game. Just trying to get a sense of relative worth of the LE's after the VE come out. Like why happened to LE's of other titles once VE were made. Anyone with experience/knowledge about that?

Edit: And let me be clear... I FULLY expect a VE to be made. Not sticking my head in the sand on that one. But I don't expect more LE's to be made. However, one never knows how great the VE would be which gweempose eluded to would be a dickish move. Anyone trust Stern to put not being a dick below making money?

#30 6 years ago
Quoted from Taygeta:

They have good relationship with Disney again (SW). A TronVE is not out of the realm of possibilities.

#31 6 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

3. *(Crazy Option) Hope they don't do this but they could redo the pin with a throwback version to the original TRON.

I'm REALLY hoping they DO that, thanks. Don't get me wrong..I love Legacy...I've owned the pin twice already... the original movie was THE SHIZZ.

#32 6 years ago

Oh, and SMVE....that game didn't just appear out of nowhere. Things like molded toys and new dots take time. I expect that if they were going to do a "Classic Tron" as a VE, that they would have to mold cycles and whatnot...that stuff simply isn't available in bulk anymore.

#33 6 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

I seem to recall being in your garage years ago and seeing two NIB Tron pros sitting there side by side. I guess you should have held on to one of them ...

I *may* have done just that. I honestly don't know what I want to do here as I want the game, but have no space and so I'm trying to think about what I might actually get from it if I decide to sell it. I mean, I bought it to open it, I want a Tron, but it's bee ln stuck in its box waiting for me to complete a move to a new house.

Now that I'm here, I have way more games than space.

I'm trying to figure out what to do here. It's a great game. :-\

#34 6 years ago

My 2 cents:

Tron is a great playing game, mods or no mods. It is on my very short list of next pins. Now with that being said...

...I wouldn't purchase a NIB Tron Pro or an unmodded Tron Pro, as without all of the great mods for it still being readily available I don't want it. I am much more willing to buy a very nice HUO with the Cycles, ramplights, Tron Arcade, Flynn sign, and ColorDMD already installed as this is the one game besides LOTR that really increases desirability with the right mods.

Still, any NIB great pin has that certain "Schwing!!!" factor....

#35 6 years ago
Quoted from goatdan:

I *may* have done just that. I honestly don't know what I want to do here as I want the game, but have no space and so I'm trying to think about what I might actually get from it if I decide to sell it. I mean, I bought it to open it, I want a Tron, but it's bee ln stuck in its box waiting for me to complete a move to a new house.
Now that I'm here, I have way more games than space.
I'm trying to figure out what to do here. It's a great game. :-\

You have a NIB Tron? Well then the choice is simple, make room for it anyway you can, open it, play it, fall in love with it, nothing else to figure out, now to and enjoy

#36 6 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

You have a NIB Tron? Well then the choice is simple, make room for it anyway you can, open it, play it, fall in love with it, nothing else to figure out, now to and enjoy

One of my best friends has a blinged out one. I am like... 30 games over my limit? So, while I totally agree that Tron is one of the best games, I'm trying to weigh if it is worth selling and eventually buying back, or trying to decide what 30 or so to get rid of first.

Weird problem, I know. And I didn't want to ask it the other way (Hey guys, I got one, how much is it worth!?) since I'm not certain I am even interested in selling...

#37 6 years ago

Assuming you can really get $7K+ for it, my advice would be to sell it. That's a ton of money in your pocket. Even if you know for sure that you want one, it's just not worth the risk sitting on it if you can't open it and play it right now. If they do come out with a VE, it will almost certainly bring the price of Trons down across the board, just like what happened with IM and SM. Later on when you finally have the space for it, you will always have the option to pick up a HUO pro, HUO LE, or even possibly a VE.

#38 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinzap:

Would any of you hold off on buying a mint LE currently if it was available? Or do you think the value is still there? All speculation of course, but interested in opinions.

In my eyes, the LE is still the quintessential version of the game. With only 400 made, and only about 200 in North America, it will most likely remain a desirable title for the serious collector. There is a reason why they shot up in value and stayed there for so many years. Yes, they took a little hit when Eli's ramp kit came out, but nice ones still sell for $10K or more.

Obviously, the unknown factor is the VE. If Stern makes a VE that is incredibly compelling, then there is always a risk that the LE could go down in value substantially. My guess would be that the VE might get some of the LE's bling, maybe even some cooler bling, but I don't think it will get any of the LE's gameplay features such as the drop targets, better rules, etc ...

#39 6 years ago

I paid 7K for my flawless HUO fully modded Tron Pro but I wouldn't pay that for a NIB. The basic pro is kind of plain game. What most people really want is a game with all the awesome mods. Some of the mods are hard to get nowadays and they're all expensive. So for me I think a NIB would be worth less than a HUO modded example.

#40 6 years ago
Quoted from Time:

I paid 7K for my flawless HUO fully modded Tron Pro but I wouldn't pay that for a NIB. The basic pro is kind of plain game. What most people really want is a game with all the awesome mods. Some of the mods are hard to get nowadays and they're all expensive. So for me I think a NIB would be worth less than a HUO modded example.

I agree with you 100%, which is why I think Dan should sell the game if someone is willing to pay him $7K for it. For some reason, there are people out there willing to pay a huge premium just because a game is NIB. I don't personally understand it, but to each their own.

#41 6 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

I agree with you 100%, which is why I think Dan should sell the game if someone is willing to pay him $7K for it. For some reason, there are people out there willing to pay a huge premium just because a game is NIB. I don't personally understand it, but to each their own.

Cant agree more x 2... Tron pro is plain game, and that's exactly what you'd get if they make a VE... Heck, you might actually get less than that... they removed things from spider-man when they re-ran it as the VE and charged over $6k for it. I'm still debating on actually getting rid of mine even tho its for sale but afraid I'll never be able to replace it.

#42 6 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

I agree with you 100%, which is why I think Dan should sell the game if someone is willing to pay him $7K for it.

Let's hope they don't read this thread.

#43 6 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

People who want NIB over HUO are:

1. People who want zero plays from the start
2. People who love that new car smell - NIB experience
3. People that want to mod exactly to taste (and not what other owners have done)
4. Want it factory spec (plain) - they aren't a mod kind of guy
5. Are afraid of getting a pin with issues
6. Money isn't the primary factor in buying

Regarding TRON PRO NIB you need to find someone that fits the above - and:

1. Don't think a VE is likely
2. Don't want to wait on the VE (I am more in this camp)

#44 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinzap:

Let's hope they don't read this thread.

LOL!

If this was an official for sale thread, I wouldn't have said anything. But the reality is that the people who are willing to pay up for NIB games probably wouldn't be swayed by my opinion anyway. They have their reasons. It makes sense to them, and that's all that matters.

#45 6 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

I think the NIB buyers in many cases are like the same buyers that prefer new vehicles over used or new homes over used. You pay a premium for all of these items to "pull it out of the wrapper" and in most cases there are benefits to being the original owner like known history, service and warranty.

#46 6 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Obviously, the unknown factor is the VE. If Stern makes a VE that is incredibly compelling, then there is always a risk that the LE could go down in value substantially. My guess would be that the VE might get some of the LE's bling, maybe even some cooler bling, but I don't think it will get any of the LE's game play features such as the drop targets, better rules, etc ...

I'm sure the VE pro will come at some point. I was holding out hope for the last couple years that they would come out with a new premium version with LCD and similar toys to the LE. I finally gave up and bought an LE. I love Tron so I do have they come out some version of a Tron pinball in the future.

#47 6 years ago

Tron VE 2018!

AC/DC was selling over its original NIB pricing for a while and now it is back for a Vault release, the next title that's been selling over its original NIB pricing is Tron so it's logically the next best VE for Stern.

#48 6 years ago
Quoted from goatdan:

When did you sell it? Honestly, I was thinking sort of the same thing - that modded and blinged out was considerably more attractive than nib...

Originally I listed it in April 2016 and sold it a few months ago. Could have sold it many times over if I wanted to hassle with shipping but I'm a patient guy. There was no conflict about weather or not to open and keep it as I also have a Tron LE. Good luck with whatever you decide.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Reno, NV
$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 8.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
PFX Pinball Mods

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

10,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Willington, DE
$ 109.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Disk war combatant Pre-order!
RamMods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 14.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 350.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 6.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 99.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

Trade
$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Venice, FL

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tron-pro-nib-price?hl=zmeny and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.