• Latest reply 9 years ago by Quiddity
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0734.jpg
IMG_0735.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider toro1966.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 9 years ago

Hey guys - this is the second Tron I've owned so I am very familiar with the game. That said - bought this one NIB about 6 months ago and have played about 150 games. I noticed when I was cleaning it today that the mylar over the "TRON" insert had a slight white in the corner - and appears to be under the mylar. I have seen that before in other games and it is usually wax that has gotten under the mylar because the mylar has lifted a little. In this case, however, the mylar is flat as can be (no corner lifted at all) - and I've only waxed it once anyway.

This of course is ridiculously OCD, but I it did get me thinking because I am a detail oriented guy. Not because it's an issue - but wondering what the thoughts are as to what it could be - wax under the mylar? A bit of excess paint from the original screening under the mylar? It actually looks like the exact white as is around the insert.

Thoughts? Again this is of course not a problem and if Until I cleaned it today I didn't even notice it (didn't wax it today - just cleaned all the black marks off with wizard spray). Thanks!
IMG_0735.jpgIMG_0735.jpgIMG_0734.jpgIMG_0734.jpg

#5 9 years ago

Thanks guys. Appreciate it. Just sent you a FB message Buddy! Hope you had a great Christmas!

#7 9 years ago
Quoted from BloodyCactus:

there is mylar in the pops too.

Was just going to say that

#9 9 years ago
Quoted from BloodyCactus:

I think the insert is a hair too high in the PF so its raised like that.

That's my thought as well. Combined with the crappy, thin, factory clear, it makes it more noticeable. Again, plays fine and I probably won't ever have an issue with it, especially in a home setting. But I would imagine if it were routed and not taken care of, that spot would probably wear prematurely.

2 weeks later
#11 9 years ago

A few things - I NEVER said the ball traveled strangely. I even said that "plays fine". Given that this the second Tron I have owned, and the fourth Stern I have owned, what I am saying is that the insert is more noticeable than the others in that you can see the edge of it better. Again, it does not affect game play - this Tron is in perfect condition and has absolutely no wear...because I take care of it (clean and wax regularly), it very well may stay perfectly. But there is no question that you can see the edge of the insert better than on any other insert OR the other Tron I owned (I have detailed pics of the PF). And if the playfield is raised - and that's an IF mind you, I am not positive it is - it WILL wear in that spot before it does in others.

I AM ABSOLUTELY NOT speculating about the crappy thin clear. I don't care what process they use, you can very clearly see that the clear coat is thin. I have PFs that were done by Stern, CPR, and by an automotive painter and the differences are staggering. In most home settings, any of them will likely be sufficient. That said, there is CLEARLY, and equivocally, a difference in the clearing.

#14 9 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

Chill.
My first NIB Tron pro has the same issue...saw it for the first time in a year and a half the other night.
Guess what... my HUO 2nd Tron Pro has....the exact same thing!
There is nothing you can do but heat it up from the bottom, clamp it, glue it from the backside. And even doing that you risk cracking the existing clear, or the art. Your only other option given the insert is completely screened over is to have it cleared with thicker clear and leveled out.

Yep - exactly. Originally just posted to see if I was seeing things or what. Now I know and I again - there are no issues with game play or wear. Thanks

#16 9 years ago

Makes sense Rich. Thanks for the info. I don't have mine on often either so I think you are probably right. Thanks again.
Cheers!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 8.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 109.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 14.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
PFX Pinball Mods

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Disk war combatant Pre-order!
RamMods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Venice, FL
$ 26.50
11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Reno, NV
$ 99.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 6.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 350.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

10,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Willington, DE
$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Trade
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider toro1966.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tron-pro-mylar?tu=toro1966 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.