(Topic ID: 36728)

Tron Pro apron mod: my new Tron LE style apron, check it out...

By Buckman

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_4961.JPG
IMG_4955.JPG
IMG_4905[1].JPG
apron.jpg
Capture.JPG
DSC09157.JPG
P1010759.JPG
IMG_0590.JPG
IMG_0587.JPG
Hulk_906_to_555_step_up_004.JPG
Hulk_906_to_555_step_up_009.JPG
Hulk_906_to_555_step_up_005.JPG
arch_retaining_2.JPG
IMG_0120.JPG
arch_retaining.JPG
apron_lights.JPG
There are 103 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.
#51 11 years ago

i hate you. i want to do this! how do you have your instruction cards lit up?

1 month later
#52 10 years ago

Pinball life has the le apron and the inserts in stock! Grabbed me a set and will post with an update once received!

#54 10 years ago

no longer available...

#55 10 years ago

I will post pics of mine tomorrow. I did blue static lighting in the lenses and white flashers as well.

#56 10 years ago
Quoted from dito:

no longer available...

Wow! Wonder if they sold out or were told to quit selling them?

Same thing happened with the acdc prem train. It was there and then just....gone

#58 10 years ago

I'm doing a standard metal apron and it is getting powder coated as we speak. I'm not doing the one with the cutouts, so I will keep it blue with decals on the top corners.

#59 10 years ago

I wish I had better technical skills. Very sweet!!

#60 10 years ago

You have to message Terry if you want one, I just got one last week, he created a special item for me to add to my shopping cart. I have mine being worked on by TrilogyBeer (maybe some lasercutting into it????) We shall see!

1 week later
#61 10 years ago

These are back in stock. Terry said they are powdercoated black already so no need to paint them.

http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=2956

1 week later
#62 10 years ago

Here are a couple of pictures to show the alignment of the arch retaining brackets (had a fellow Pinsider ask about installing them, thought I'd post a couple of pictures to help illustrate it).

IMG_0587.JPGIMG_0587.JPG IMG_0590.JPGIMG_0590.JPG

#63 10 years ago

My apron is almost ready, HUGE thanks to TrilogyBeer!

P1010759.JPGP1010759.JPG

2 weeks later
#64 10 years ago

Very cool. Doing mine currently

#65 10 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

My apron is almost ready, HUGE thanks to TrilogyBeer!

The encom logo looks cool. Is that painted on or a decal?

#66 10 years ago

There is a cheap emcom emblem on Ebay if your looking for one.

#67 10 years ago

or look here, http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/free-tron-coin-door-decal-limited

i have a special request for white. i can do that too. i can't remember but i think my stock is a gloss white.

#68 10 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

The encom logo looks cool. Is that painted on or a decal?

He stenciled and sprayed the paint on, then clear coated over it. DSC09157.JPGDSC09157.JPG

#69 10 years ago

^you've got to put custom cards on that thing! I'm sorry, I'm just not digging the custom paint. it's a good job of painting, but I think the colors dont match well.

Capture.JPGCapture.JPG

#70 10 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

He stenciled and sprayed the paint on, then clear coated over it.

nice mod for sure !

just may be a colour prob with the 2 "plastic eyes" in blue (blue with left red, blue with right blue), may be using some white plastics instead (with white flashes under) ?

#71 10 years ago

Has anyone done it in chrome to match the LE.

#72 10 years ago

If you ask Terry you may be able to get these raw for chroming.

#73 10 years ago
Quoted from dito:

^you've got to put custom cards on that thing! I'm sorry, I'm just not digging the custom paint. it's a good job of painting, but I think the colors dont match well.

Trophybeeyautch's printer is out of ink and has been for awhile, so Ive been in agony waiting for custom cards. The paint is close match to whats on the plastics, I want to see if I can get some sort of tiny led strip to attach under the lockdown bar to illuminate it, I think it will look more natural then...

Quoted from RipleYYY:

nice mod for sure !
just may be a colour prob with the 2 "plastic eyes" in blue (blue with left red, blue with right blue), may be using some white plastics instead (with white flashes under) ?

I was thinking maybe just an orange lens for the left, I dont know. TRON modding is on hold for right now, Ive binged enough on it for a bit.

#74 10 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

I was thinking maybe just an orange lens for the left, I dont know. TRON modding is on hold for right now, Ive binged enough on it for a bit.

I put an orange one on mine... still waiting on the center decal and the flasher kit.

apron.jpgapron.jpg

#75 10 years ago

well, hard to say without testing... almost, with whites, you have a neutral color different from the 2 sides

#76 10 years ago

My apron and associated parts arrived from Pinball Life today....4 days delievery from USA to perth Western Australia...better freight service and quicker than in Australia!!

Fitted it all and it works great

Thanks heaps for this mod....looks excellent....now all I need is some optic fibre for my ramps

3 months later
#77 10 years ago

cant decide if i want to go with LE or with arcadeskins?
i like the arcadeskins as it matches better, but i also like the flashers. the LE has EL panels in it right now, but that can be switched over. ugh, decision, why can't i have both?!

IMG_4905[1].JPGIMG_4905[1].JPG

#78 10 years ago

LE all the way!

#79 10 years ago

I'd go LE also for the added flasher reaction.

#80 10 years ago

Go with the LE, or better yet get a chromed apron with the LE windows in it.

#81 10 years ago

And I do have a Chrome apron left in stock

#82 10 years ago

i went with the LE and EL instruction panels. still need to hook up the flashers underneath and put on my brushed aluminum TRON stickers on it.

IMG_4955.JPGIMG_4955.JPG IMG_4961.JPGIMG_4961.JPG

1 month later
#83 10 years ago

finally got around to wiring these bad boys up. while i know they work, they dont light up as much as i expected. when are they supposed to light up? i couldnt figure out when they do light up except for end of game attract mode. it doesn't look like they are duplicates of any other flasher. it seems more like they are their own "channel" but don't fire off very often. any help?

#84 10 years ago
Quoted from dito:

finally got around to wiring these bad boys up. while i know they work, they dont light up as much as i expected. when are they supposed to light up? i couldnt figure out when they do light up except for end of game attract mode. it doesn't look like they are duplicates of any other flasher. it seems more like they are their own "channel" but don't fire off very often. any help?

They should light up quite a bit during gameplay. At the start when you launch a ball and if rolls over the Flynn switch the flashers should do a pulse effect (basically light up and fade out one time). They are also active during pretty much every mode and during Sea of Simulation and Portal (so you should definitely notice them during every game that you play because you'll start at least a few of the modes, and as you mentioned, they also light up during the attract mode).

#85 10 years ago
Quoted from Buckman:

They should light up quite a bit during gameplay. At the start when you launch a ball and if rolls over the Flynn switch the flashers should do a pulse effect (basically light up and fade out one time). They are also active during pretty much every mode and during Sea of Simulation and Portal (so you should definitely notice them during every game that you play because you'll start at least a few of the modes, and as you mentioned, they also light up during the attract mode).

Can someone do a short video of gameplay (1-3 minutes) with this mod. I checked my connections and everything looks correct but I am not getting very much apron lights. Much appreciated!

#86 10 years ago
Quoted from dito:

Can someone do a short video of gameplay (1-3 minutes) with this mod. I checked my connections and everything looks correct but I am not getting very much apron lights. Much appreciated!

I posted up this video yesterday in the thread about Eli's fibre optic ramp mod, it's about 4 minutes long and you'll see a few of the modes started (go to around 1:40 in the video and you'll see them), and you can also see the apron lights.

#87 10 years ago

They are solenoid 20 and 21 on the PRO, so you can do a flasher test from the coin door to ensure they are firing.

Quoted from dito:

#88 10 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

They are solenoid 20 and 21 on the PRO, so you can do a flasher test from the coin door to ensure they are firing.

On our Pro it goes from #19 and then to #22 when I'm in the flasher test, so I don't have #20 or 21 and I'm not able to test them. It's strange, they work during gameplay on the Pro but Stern didn't put them in the flasher test menu.

#89 10 years ago

They are in the coil test menu.

Quoted from Buckman:

On our Pro it goes from #19 and then to #22 when I'm in the flasher test, so I don't have #20 or 21 and I'm not able to test them. It's strange, they work during gameplay on the Pro but Stern didn't put them in the flasher test menu.

#90 10 years ago

They are in the coil test menu.

I had checked the coil test menu as well and I have the same thing as the flasher test menu, it goes from #19 and then to #22.

#91 10 years ago

Found another short video, this one shows the disc war multiball, in this mode you'll see the apron flashers go off for a few seconds every time you hit a jackpot.

#92 10 years ago

Sorry about that. They are the correct solenoids (20 and 21). I was looking at the LE setup page. They work in gameplay on the PRO, but you are correct Stern removed them from the test menu.

I'm glad you showed the disc multiball video. I really like the ramp lighting during this mode and a couple of other favorites like the CLU,QUORRA,LS stacked fade and the extra ball lighting and sos qualifier. Best mod ever!

Quoted from Buckman:

I had checked the coil test menu as well and I have the same thing as the flasher test menu, it goes from #19 and then to #22.

#93 10 years ago

I did a similar set up on my XM Pro and used the decals on the old apron. I put two GI bulbs in each insert with one flasher hooked up to Magneto and the other hooked up to Wolverine to match the decals looks sweet well worth the money and time IMO.

#94 10 years ago

I'm glad you showed the disc multiball video. I really like the ramp lighting during this mode and a couple of other favorites like the CLU,QUORRA,LS stacked fade and the extra ball lighting and sos qualifier. Best mod ever!

I think the disc multiball is my favourite. The ramps look amazing, and when the machine lights / flashers flicker you really notice the ramps. The sound effects are cool, the flashing apron lights are cool, the arcade unit is cool....as a matter of fact the whole thing is just downright awesome!

Eli's ramp mod is the best mod ever, no doubt about that.

1 year later
#95 8 years ago

Collected the parts and finished the install today. I did "cheat" and bought the wiring harness from Hooked on Pinball--fit perfectly and is highly recommended if you are not a wiz at wiring. The upgraded apron adds so much to the game it is completely worth the effort. You don't notice just how cheesy the plastic apron is until you take it off and replace it with a real one. Thanks for the help, Buckman!

3 years later
#96 5 years ago

Great thread , I was looking for this so I can add to mine.

THX

#97 5 years ago
Quoted from Keebler:

I put an orange one on mine... still waiting on the center decal and the flasher kit.
[quoted image]

Where'd you get these score cards? I'm digging Daft Punk on the right!

4 years later
#98 1 year ago

does anybody know if SPIKE 2 apron would fit? minus the retaining bracket of course since Spike II uses a different attachement with a bolt and nut... I prefer this one...

Wondering if anybody has files to make this part (since it is now out of stock)

Reviving a very old thread BUT... there is always a way

#99 1 year ago

Check with Pinballlife, they may still have LE aprons for Tron.

#100 1 year ago
Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

does anybody know if SPIKE 2 apron would fit? minus the retaining bracket of course since Spike II uses a different attachement with a bolt and nut... I prefer this one...

They might fit if you drill through your playfield since they are attached from under the playfield.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 350.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
PFX Pinball Mods

$ 8.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 99.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

10,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Willington, DE
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 6.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Disk war combatant Pre-order!
RamMods

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 14.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Trade
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 109.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Venice, FL
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 103 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tron-pro-my-new-tron-le-style-apron-check-it-out/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.