Topic Stats

• 15 posts
  • 10 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by marcd
  • Topic is favorited by 7 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 2 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_1970_(resized).JPG
IMG_1969_(resized).JPG

#1 3 years ago

This weekend, I finally installed my first mod on my Tron Pro. I added the moving recognizer. Here is a glimpse of what it looks like (sorry for the crappy video, I will make a cleaner one once I've reinstalled the ramps)

This mod took me a few months to make. Sourcing the parts was very difficult. I was lucky to find the recognizer motor on marco specialties. I struggled finding the last part (the bracket that holds the switches)... I ended up making my own.

IMG_1969_(resized).JPG

IMG_1970_(resized).JPG

#3 3 years ago

Very cool! I'm sure if you could source the parts you could sell these. Good work.

#4 3 years ago

Very cool. What was the cost of all the parts? Does it activate or deactivate with different modes?

#5 3 years ago
Quoted from Sijcolo:

Very cool. What was the cost of all the parts? Does it activate or deactivate with different modes?

The three main parts (motor, arm and bracket) cost about $250 with shipping... I purchased an LE plastic set to know where the hole in the backpanel was so that's another 140... As for the electronics, I made about 2 different versions of the pcb and had to buy connectors, wires and relays... That's another $150. So in the end, I think it cost me about 550 bucks just in parts Please don't tell my wife !

It behaves exactly like on the LE. It moves when the disc motor is not running and stops whenever the disc starts spinning. I added 3 LEDs in the recognizer toy to make it more alive... The center led blinks whenever the recognizer stops and the left and right ones are synchronized with the recognizer flasher.

#7 3 years ago

Very impressive, well done! Please post more videos

1 week later
#8 3 years ago

Here is a new video of the mod with the ramps on ! We can see the lightshow at the end of the video.

#9 3 years ago

holy shit that's awesome. great job - now can I buy your tron? haha

#10 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

holy shit that's awesome. great job - now can I buy your tron? haha

Here is one for sale for you.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-tron-legacy-le-was-nib/page/4#post-3017577

#11 3 years ago

centerflank - you know I love your degenerate humor! Thanks for sharing!

#12 3 years ago

Very nice.... I like that mod.

#13 3 years ago

That, good sir, is the tits.

7 months later
#14 3 years ago

I could not find the missing motor part and will be selling my Tron soon.

So I am selling this mod, the only one made. It could be your chance to have the ultimate PRO-mium Tron

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/40570

#15 3 years ago

Price adjustment based on what I told to a few pinsiders by PM. Now asking 850USD.

Just to specify that there is about 550USD in parts for this Mod.

Here is some more info on the behavior of the recognizer:

- Light is ON in attract mode
- Moves when the disc is not running
- Stops at center when the disc is running
- There are 3 lights in it (left, center, right)
- Left and right lights flash in sync with the recognizer flasher (in front of the three targets)
- Center light blinks when it pauses

Cheers !

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods
Machine - For Sale
Covington, GA
€ 95.00
Lighting - Led
FlipperLED
$ 399.95

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside