By steely_menace

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 10 years ago

Just a couple of TRON 1.74 rules questions:

1. When you have CLU mode lit, what does lighting CLU again get you, if anything? I always like to start CLU with 1 or 2 of the CLU letters lit, so I am not sure if re-spelling CLU a second or third time gets you anything?

2. Love the new rules for Disc Multiball. Do you know exactly what is required to “complete” the mode?

Does anyone have the part number for a replacement TRON ball trough? I am having the intermittent issue where it is sending two balls into the shooter lane, and quite rarely, no balls.

Thanks!

#2 10 years ago

I don't recall getting anything if I do the CLU letters again once I have CLU lit and ready to roll. Maybe it does do something, but not sure.

This should help out with completing the disc multiball (basically just pound away at the center disc):

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tronhow-to-complete-light-cycledisc-multiball-on-new-code

You shouldn't need a new trough for the machine, most likely it's just a bad opto. Test your optos and see if there is a problem with one of them (the test option is found in the menu).

#3 10 years ago

Check your optos.......mine get dirty alot. You need to take a q-tip to them and/or a can of compressed air to clean them..............sometimes both.

#4 10 years ago

disc multiball needs 10 jackpots, then the centerbank comes up and you hit that three times...then the centerbank drops back down and you hit the disc for a super

#5 10 years ago

Once the clu mode start is lit, relighting the lanes doesn't get you anything. However, starting the mode with 2 lanes lit will let you get one of the clu shots easy. I try to save that for the shot through the bumpers. And of course if you miss finishing it takes multiple lane lights to relight the mode start.

#6 10 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

Once the clu mode start is lit, relighting the lanes doesn't get you anything. However, starting the mode with 2 lanes lit will let you get one of the clu shots easy. I try to save that for the shot through the bumpers. And of course if you miss finishing it takes multiple lane lights to relight the mode start.

definitely use the inlanes for the shot through the bumpers

#7 10 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

Once the clu mode start is lit, relighting the lanes doesn't get you anything.

Are you positive?
I think it counts as progress towards starting CLU mode a second time.

#8 10 years ago

Can someone tell me what the Zen switch does exactly? I see zen on the screen but does it have any function in the gameplay?

#9 10 years ago

yes. if you roll over the zen switch then you can hit the tron targets afterwards and it will count as hitting all 4 with just one shot

#10 10 years ago
Quoted from EvanBingham:

yes. if you roll over the zen switch then you can hit the tron targets afterwards and it will count as hitting all 4 with just one shot

Oh nice never would have figured that out. I usually don't read rules or watch videos on games to learn rules until I have extensively played a game, I like to try and figure it all out but that one baffled me. Thanks.

#11 10 years ago

I don't recall what the last version I played was but once CLU was running, completing CLU again would count as a CLU shot. It would unlight the CLU helmet still lit farthest to the left. So if you made the 2 left shots already and needed the right orbit and the scoop, finishing CLU would unlight the orbit since it is left of the scoop. So a strategy was to wait to complete CLU until you were getting low on time or having a hard time with a shot.

It only worked once though. Repeatedly completing CLU did not count as shots. Maybe the rules have changed.

#12 10 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

I didn't recall the rule that 2 lanes already needed to be lit. Again I have not played much of the new code version.

#13 10 years ago

Everytime you relight the CLU lights during CLU mode it completes the leftmost CLU shot for you. This is on factory settings.

Disc mode takes six shots to the open disc then three shots to the recognizer that comes up followed by one last shot to the open disc to complete.

For light cycle you get an instant completion with a super jackpot (leftramp > quorra > right ramp)

#14 10 years ago
Quoted from bemmett:

Can someone tell me what the Zen switch does exactly? I see zen on the screen but does it have any function in the gameplay?

ZEN is a nice rollover, when you hear or see the ZEN activation shoot the TRON targets on the left side for an instant activation of the current flashing TRON mode.

#15 10 years ago

And there ya go!

#16 10 years ago
Quoted from steely_menace:

1. When you have CLU mode lit, what does lighting CLU again get you, if anything? I always like to start CLU with 1 or 2 of the CLU letters lit, so I am not sure if re-spelling CLU a second or third time gets you anything?

I thought every time you completed the Clu lights in Clu mode, one of the shots is activated (from left to right). So basically hitting the left ramp over and over makes it possible to complete the mode

#17 10 years ago
Quoted from Max_Badazz:

I thought every time you completed the Clu lights in Clu mode, one of the shots is activated (from left to right). So basically hitting the left ramp over and over makes it possible to complete the mode

Just to clarify, what does completing the CLU lights do ONCE CLU is lit but BEFORE the CLU mode has been started?

If CLU isn't lit, it either lights CLU or advances towards lighting CLU.
Correct, if CLU mode is started, spelling CLU does grant you the next CLU light (from left to right).

#18 10 years ago

How much CLU could a CLUchuck, chuck if a CLU chuck could chuck CLU.

#19 10 years ago
Quoted from steely_menace:

Just to clarify, what does completing the CLU lights do ONCE CLU is lit but BEFORE the CLU mode has been started?

I think its just points and nothing special.

#20 10 years ago
Quoted from bemmett:

How much CLU could a CLUchuck, chuck if a CLU chuck could chuck CLU.

Clu sells seashells by the seashore of simulation

#21 10 years ago
Quoted from EvanBingham:

disc multiball needs 10 jackpots, then the centerbank comes up and you hit that three times...then the centerbank drops back down and you hit the disc for a super

To clarify on this, only shots to the disc build toward raising the target bank. Others just build the jackpots for disc shots.

#22 10 years ago

EDIT: removed incorrect info

#23 10 years ago
Quoted from pinballcorpse:

I didn't recall the rule that 2 lanes already needed to be lit. Again I have not played much of the new code version.

They don't "need" to be lit. As we are all saying, having them ready to take out the clu helmet through the bumpers when you get the third one makes it easier to complete the mode. I just like that setup so I can choose when to use it quickly.

#24 10 years ago

Completing C-L-U when Flynn's is already lit for CLU counts toward relighting it next time. But it takes completing C-L-U at least one last time when CLU isn't lit to actually relight it.

Just verified it with the glass off, even though I knew I was right:

C-L-U lights CLU.
Pushed C-L-U three more times, then started CLU.
Sent the ball down the outhole to end CLU because I'm impatient, then pressed C-L-U just one more time. Voila! CLU is relit.

Also, yes, with the new code, only Disc shots count toward completing Disc multiball, as plainly stated in the README release notes.

#25 10 years ago

What's the max anyone has had the patience to run a single disc JP up to by looping the L ramp over again with ball(s) cradled on L flipper?

#26 10 years ago

Patience, ha! How about skill, I think I've only actually kept the balls in play long enough to finish Disc MB twice now. Probably because I haven't learned the patience to stop and hold balls

#27 10 years ago

True, it does require cradling at least one ball during MB. Try it, you'll like it! Ok, no, I prefer a fast and furious multiball, but I also like putting up huge scores... and they happen more often when I play my mb's with control.

On the new Tron Disc MB, I looped the L ramp around 10 times, and I think my next disc jackpot was in the 2-3M range.

#28 10 years ago

sounds like some good risk vs. reward

#29 10 years ago
Quoted from Don1:

If you are not in CLU mode, then completing all the CLU lights does nothing other than award the rollover points.

Which is incorrect; in case anyone still thinks this, I reiterate (by quoting myself):

Quoted from DanQverymuch:

Completing C-L-U when Flynn's is already lit for CLU counts toward relighting it next time. But it takes completing C-L-U at least one last time when CLU isn't lit to actually relight it.
Just verified it with the glass off, even though I knew I was right:
C-L-U lights CLU.
Pushed C-L-U three more times, then started CLU.
Sent the ball down the outhole to end CLU because I'm impatient, then pressed C-L-U just one more time. Voila! CLU is relit.

I just thought it was odd that no further discussion ensued...

#30 10 years ago

Ok, thanks Dan, for answering my post. I haven't been on the site for about a week...

I can go through a game and start the CLU mode 2-3 times. However I think my percentage for completing CLU is probably less than 20%, possibly even less than 10%. So, I think leaving two of the three lights on and then starting CLU is a better strategy...

I actually prefer to start CLU alone. I find if I start it in conjunction with Light Cycle Multiball, I am much more compelled to go for Light Cycle jackpots and the second ball always get in the way of shots.

#31 10 years ago

yeah some of the modes don't stack too well together.

I don't like to follow gem during light cycle because the target bank is up and makes the gem shot a little more difficult and I don't like clu and zuse together because there are 8 different shots I have to hit in a quick amount of time.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 8.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Disk war combatant Pre-order!
RamMods

$ 79.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Arcade Upkeep

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Reno, NV
$ 109.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 350.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
PFX Pinball Mods

$ 99.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

Trade
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 14.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Venice, FL
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 6.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

10,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Willington, DE
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tron-pro-174-rules-questions and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.