image-759.jpg
image-242.jpg
image-62.jpg
image.jpg
image-288.jpg
image-677.jpg
image.jpg
image-643.jpg
There are 94 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 9 years ago

Yes.. and for the record that's black rubber not wear on our big raised insert there..

#52 9 years ago

It's an LE playfield, dude. Like Frax said, if you wanted to sell it...

#53 9 years ago

I could clean the rubber off, but I figured it sitting there showed exactly how much that insert was raised.

#54 9 years ago

QG-check your messages

#55 9 years ago
Quoted from Quiddity:

Here's the worst offender, insert wise.

This the area you wanted?

image.jpg 244 KB

image-436.jpg 234 KB

image-967.jpg 268 KB

By your pics it looks like everything would fit. Does your pro have those slots in the back that Frax was talking about?

#56 9 years ago

If you could fit them on it would be an interesting Frankenstein to have a pro with LE playfield...I guess it would look nice? or at least be different...

#57 9 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

If you could fit them on it would be an interesting Frankenstein to have a pro with LE playfield...I guess it would look nice? or at least be different...

Yeah I hope it will work. I wanted a useable playfield not wall art

#58 9 years ago

No, the pro playfields do not have those inserts.
image.jpgimage.jpg

#59 9 years ago

She says the slot for the standups is a half-inch wide. I would think it would not be the same size for drops, but you can see if it's the same depth or not.

#60 9 years ago

Last call, I'm putting the glass back on otherwise.

#61 9 years ago

Not sure what else we could check. I don't know how the LE recognizer motor is mounted, at all.

#62 9 years ago
Quoted from Saveleaningtower:

Sorry to burst your bubble but these are extra playfields for TRON LE owners.

If this is the case are they numbered to match the machine? I'm just curious because I may have LE #363 or very close to it. I'll look when I get home.

#63 9 years ago

They are numbered but were sold randomly. Mine has two numbers. A sticker with 178 of 400 and a written number of 111

#64 9 years ago

^^
Sold and made available as replacements.

#65 9 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

If this is the case are they numbered to match the machine? I'm just curious because I may have LE #363 or very close to it. I'll look when I get home.</blockquot>

Stern keeps extra LE playfields on hand just in case there's a problem with someone's. I have an extra one for my AC/DC BIBLE. & no, the #'s on the PF don't match the game #s

#66 9 years ago

They are numbered but were sold randomly. Mine has two numbers. A sticker with 178 of 400 and a written number of 111

Is your LE# different than both?

#67 9 years ago

I figured out a good idea. I will sell this LE playfield then take the money and go buy a Pro playfield with it

#68 9 years ago
Quoted from QuarterGrabber:

I figured out a good idea. I will sell this LE playfield then go buy a Pro playfield

PM sent?

#69 9 years ago

Yeah I hope it will work. I wanted a useable playfield not wall art

I'm curious to know about your original scratched playfield. How bad is the scratch? Could it be professionally touched up with the money you can make by selling that LE playfield?

#70 9 years ago
Quoted from Breadfan:

Stern keeps extra LE playfields on hand just in case there's a problem with someone's. I have an extra one for my AC/DC BIBLE. & no, the #'s on the PF don't match the game #s

That answers my question. It took me a while but I do think I have #363. Are these still available to LE owners that want an extra?

#71 9 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

That answers my question. It took me a while but I do think I have #363. Are these still available to LE owners that want an extra?

No, the guy at stern told me this was the last one. That he had to break the news to three LE owners that they could not send a replacement out. Best thing to do is call Stern and ask, but I know what the answer will be

#72 9 years ago

I'd assume the playfields in the LE machines are random, my LE is # 295 and the playfield is # 170.

I don't think you'd have any issues putting an LE playfield in your Pro. The recognizer is not an issue because the motor is attached to the backboard (so nothing to do with the playfield itself). The gap with the drop down targets looks the same as on the Pro (only difference is you wouldn't need to put in the rubber in behind the stand up targets from the Pro).

A Pro with an LE playfield would look pretty cool, I'd say to put that thing in there! Something different for sure.
IMG_3846.JPGIMG_3846.JPG

#73 9 years ago

So I take it Stern was out of Pro PF replacements, and just asked if you would be okay to take an LE. Hopefully you can grab a PRO PF replacement, or sell the LE PF and get a professional repair. or like the other poster, put it in the PRO

#74 9 years ago

If I was you I'd find a routed, beat up TronLE like the one at Disneyland and put your new playfield in it.
10k by x-mas!

#75 9 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

So I take it Stern was out of Pro PF replacements, and just asked if you would be okay to take an LE. Hopefully you can grab a PRO PF replacement, or see the LE PF and get a professional repair.

No the opposite, they are out of LE playfields. Call and ask them. This was sent to me by mistake, probably some LE owner somewhere is opening a box and finding a pro playfield in it.

#76 9 years ago

Here's a picture of my playfield.
Also if you want to see some of the differences you can look here
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/trontron-le-side-by-side

So to sum it up, Stern sent you what they said was a pro playfield, but it was an LE.

And you can't easily swap the LE playfield into your pro.

No evidence of any Premium here. It was a simple shipping mixup.

2014-09-22 19.40.25.jpg2014-09-22 19.40.25.jpg
#77 9 years ago

probably some LE owner somewhere is opening a box and finding a pro playfield in it.

sad_disney_mickey_mouse.jpgsad_disney_mickey_mouse.jpg

#78 9 years ago

It's obvious what the op is saying. For 2 years they had no pro play fields...now the have them.

Every version of tron is well past the warranty period.

Why would stern stock up on those play fields?

#79 9 years ago

Playfield has been sold, now I can go and buy a Pro playfield

#80 9 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

It's obvious what the op is saying. For 2 years they had no pro play fields...now the have them.
Every version of tron is well past the warranty period.
Why would stern stock up on those play fields?

To be fair I may have missed that speciifc point initially, but I still say they have had a stock they were holding and they're probably just releasing them for use. Stern still has a bunch of playfields from games older than Tron from what I've heard....maybe not enough to sell significant numbers of them, but a few.

#81 9 years ago

And this is what I'm eating tonight. Lol

Are you on a bland food diet for acid reflux or heart disease?

#82 9 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

To be fair I may have missed that speciifc point initially, but I still say they have had a stock they were holding and they're probably just releasing them for use. Stern still has a bunch of playfields from games older than Tron from what I've heard....maybe not enough to sell significant numbers of them, but a few.

I read the last run of tron exhausted their supplies...hence the light runner.

#83 9 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

Are you on a bland food diet for acid reflux or heart disease?

Lol. Just like to eat healthy. Spent forty years eating poorly and then quit cold turkey. I really can't believe how much weight I lost without even trying, just eating healthy. Little more exercise than before but not much. Down 30 lbs. feel so much better too. Lots of energy and not requiring a lot of sleep at night. 5 hours is enough.

#84 9 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

I read the last run of tron exhausted their supplies...hence the light runner.

Yeah, that's always been one of the questions about how they could ever re-run Tron. But hey...they made molds for Iron Man, so there goes that theory! If they want it bad enough, making a mold for a lightcycle wouldn't be any worse..

#85 9 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

Yeah, that's always been one of the questions about how they could ever re-run Tron. But hey...they made molds for Iron Man, so there goes that theory! If they want it bad enough, making a mold for a lightcycle wouldn't be any worse..

Exactly!

VE, in my opinion, is going to happen. All the conditions for Iron Man exist for Tron. Maybe LOTR, but as long as JJP has the license, I can't see the license being renewed with Stern. 5 years down the road? Absolutely, but not while the hobbit is in production.

Plus, Stern has a great relationship with Disney. Star Wars and Guardians of the Galaxy will absolutely be made by Stern.

I think the VE will fit right in between the LE and the Pro. Stern has to see all the upgrades made by pro owners.

#86 9 years ago

We have a match! Nice to know my memory's not shot after all.

DSCN3047.JPGDSCN3047.JPG

#87 9 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

We have a match! Nice to know my memory's not shot after all.

DSCN3047.JPG 205 KB

What's the number on the playfield though

#88 9 years ago

What's the number on the playfield though

You have my playfield!

#89 9 years ago

Nah, it's #98.

#90 9 years ago

There is an unnecessary thick amount of clear coat on this playfield.

That is the Bukake edition...very rare indeed.

#91 9 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

I actually might have some information on this...

They are out of playfields, and have been for a while. Long story short, 18 months ago we cracked open a new TRON pro for the MGC to use as a mod showcase game. It got about $1500 in upgrades, and we put it out for people to check out all of the cool stuff that could be done. One of the mods was a Kerry-style hole protector.

Oddly, on the first day of use, with probably less than 50 plays, a large size chunk came out of the playfield right by the hole. I talked to Stern, explained what had happened, and they graciously told me it was a manufacturing defect and they would send me a new playfield. I said that was absolutely a fine deal for me (I've never seen another Stern do it, so something about that particular field just didn't bond right). They told me that they were out of the Pro playfields right now, but that they rerun the playfields every few years for replacement parts, and I would get one from the next batch.

Sounds like I should email again, as maybe they finally did that. No matter what, cool beans, and glad it's going to work out for you. I'm honestly surprised and impressed that they said that they'd replace mine, and I'm in no great rush to tear Tron apart to have it replaced, so the delay is just fine with me

#92 9 years ago

Hm. Holy crap.

#93 9 years ago

I would have swapped the playfield with you as I have a pro playfield but have a LE game. To late I guess.

#94 9 years ago

Hopefully they ran extras for a VE.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 350.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 14.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 8.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Trade
10,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Willington, DE
$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 6.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Disk war combatant Pre-order!
RamMods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Reno, NV
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Venice, FL
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 109.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 99.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
PFX Pinball Mods

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

There are 94 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tron-premium-1/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.