• 9 posts
  • 7 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by Tommi_Gunn
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 11 years ago

Hi there,
After playing a couple games of my new tron next to my acdc premium I find the sound lacking in the TRON. What powered sub do you guys recommend? and what backbox speakers do you recommend swapping as well.
Thanks for your help,
Al

#2 11 years ago

Full Flipper Fidelity.

Line the sides of the PF glass with electrical tape so it fits a bit more snug because it thumps! So the glass rattles

#3 11 years ago

Oops. Just read "powered" sub. Pretty much any Sony or Polk will do the trick

I've heard a bunch of em' and they ALL sound great!

#4 11 years ago

Polk Audio PSW10. $90 from amazon, free shipping. It has speaker and line level hookups so you can connects lots of pins.
FF speakers are great for the backbox and include custom spacers. The biggest difference is the sub, since sound on pins is compressed and you lose some of the high frequencies. That being said, I did use some Pioneer 4" 2-way speakers on an IM and didn't use spacers, just mounted them flush with the grille, and I actually thought it looked cool and the sound was incredible.

#5 11 years ago
Quoted from spidey:

Polk Audio PSW10. $90 from amazon, free shipping. It has speaker and line level hookups so you can connects lots of pins.

I have two of these. Spectacular for TRON and AC/DC. I disconnected the 12" stern sub and did this on AC/DC and it is night and day.

#6 11 years ago
Quoted from coasterguy:

I have two of these. Spectacular for TRON and AC/DC. I disconnected the 12" stern sub and did this on AC/DC and it is night and day.

I believe it. I thought a cabinet sub was "good enough" for SM, but once I hooked it up to the Polk, wow. I have used it with Tron before (and will again soon) and it was just crazy. Even had a neighbor complain, too much bass. . I really find it hard to believe these powered subs are so cheap.

#7 11 years ago

+1 for the Polk. Every game should get one of these, and with the polk i believe you can hook up two at a time (but have not tried it yet)

#8 11 years ago

You guys in the US are spoilt. Just looked at the same Sub on Amazon UK and it is £344 ($516). Just have to look out for something else on ebay which is equivalent and cheaper

#9 11 years ago

Full ff kit and Polk PSW10, and like fattrain says you're going to have to experiment with tape to prevent glass rattle. It's really bad on this game. I had to add electrical tape in some spots and 1/4 strip of 1 sided sticky foam along the back edge of glass under the rear plastic channel. I picked up some from the window dept in lowes. Have to slowly install the glass with sliding a gift card/credit card under the channel and babying the glass in. Pulling and re-installing the glass is a pain, but no rattle whatsoever. I got the game vol set to 50.

I'd do ff tweets and a polk sub for acdc too. I didn't notice an issue with glass rattle on acdc.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Disk war combatant Pre-order!
RamMods

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 6.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Reno, NV
$ 99.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 109.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

10,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Willington, DE
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Trade
$ 8.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
PFX Pinball Mods

$ 79.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Arcade Upkeep

$ 14.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 350.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Venice, FL
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tron-powered-subwofer-recomendation and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.