You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

right ramp exit.jpg
left ramp exit.jpg
left ramp entrance.jpg
right ramp entrance.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider DrMark12PA.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 10 years ago

I've compiled a list of the way to complete the ladder in TRON to make is easier for myself to remember (listed below). I typically play more for completion of modes than points. However, I'm still baffled as to how you start Sea Of Simulation. Yesterday I was playing and had maybe 3 modes completed and Sea Of Simulation started! I can't remember what I hit or what was going on at the time because it was so random I wasn't thinking about the ball hit at the time.

So how do you start Sea Of Simulation???

Also, in trying to complete the TRON mode, do you basically just have to hit the T-R-O-N bank 3 times (or use the ZEN mode and hit once)?

FLYNN - started by right rollover switch next to the arcade
- completed by hitting flashing arrow (left orbit,left ramp, left inner loop,
right inner loop, right ramp, right orbit)

GEM - started by hitting right inner loop 3x
- completed by hitting right inner loop 1x in 25 seconds
* right or left spinner adds 10 seconds

CLU - started by lighting 3 rollover lanes C, L, U
- completed by hitting 4 CLU helmets (left orbit, left inner loop, right orbit, scoop)
* relighting C, L, U takes out left most CLU helmet

ZUSE - started by hitting Z,U,S,E
- completed by hitting Z,U,S,E in 25 seconds
* completing Z,U,S,E adds 10 seconds

QUORRA - started by hitting left inner loop 5x then arcade scoop
- completed by hitting right inner loop 1x
* ball added for hitting recognizer 3x

DISC - started by hitting disc 7x
- completed by:
1) hitting 10 discs (left orbit,left ramp,left inner loop, right inner loop,
right ramp, right orbit, or spinning disc)
2) hitting recognizer 4x
3) hittings spinning disc 1x
* restart multiball by hitting disc within 10 seconds of ball drain down to 1 ball

LIGHTCYCLE - started by 4 lightcycle shots then arcade scoop shot
- completed by collecting double super jackpot (left ramp then left inner loop then right ramp)
- completed by 2 super jackpots (left ramp then left inner loop)

RECOGNIZER - completed by hitting recognizer 4x

TRON - started by hitting the T,R,O,N targets
- completed by????

SEA OF SIMULATION - ?????

PORTAL - started by completing the ladder

#3 10 years ago
Quoted from tomdotcom:

You just need to start all the modes, not finish...then hit the scoop..for SOS

Is there any indicator on the playfield to indicate that Sea Of Simulation is ready to start or do you just have to keep track that you have all modes at least active?

#19 10 years ago

I had the link for the pinballnews review which is where I did the modes synopsis list from by summarizing. I wasn't quite clear on the TRON mode which I've completed not really knowing how I did complete it.
In the game options menu, can the number of active modes necessary to get to Sea Of Simulation be changed? I'm wondering if I changed it (have to look this evening) to less that the full 9 modes because again yesterday I went to Sea Of Simulation with only 5 modes active and/or complete.

With the TRON mode, basically hitting all 4 targets (or Zen) activates 1 of the 3 bonus lights, but it is then completed basically by hitting a bumper or an orbit?

I have LEDs so will have to check if the FLYNN light is LED and not responding with the pulse flashing indicating Sea Of Simulation available.

2 weeks later
#26 10 years ago
Quoted from boogies:

Completing all targets (or using a ZEN shot) will activate Double Scoring, Bumpers, or Spinner.Completing all three (Double Scoring, Bumpers, AND Spinner) in 1 ball will finish the mode (complete the ladder light)
This is easiest by stacking up a couple ZEN shots (they roll over from ball to ball) - Once you have 3, hit it a couple times, then it's done.

So to complete the TRON mode, I just have to have?:
a) light the DOUBLE SCORING, BUMPERS, or SPINNER by starting the TRON mode with ZEN rollover or T-R-O-N completion
b) hit all 4 T-R-O-N targets or 1 ZEN rollover for each of the 3 modes so essentially another 12 shots using the targets or 3 shots using ZEN or a combo of both

When you say "stacking" ZEN shots, what does that mean or how does that work?

#27 10 years ago

Also, is the QUORRA finishing shot (during QUORRA multi ball) basically the same as the GEM finishing shot (both are the right inner loop lane)?

#30 10 years ago

The problem with the rules on these games is unless you go online, the rules given by Stern are junk... I have AC/DC and dozens of people online are still trying to figure that out completely as I am...

#33 10 years ago
Quoted from Snailman:

#1 is incorrect, and I think #2 is off by one.
On (1), you have to hit the spinning disc, and only the spinning disc to progress toward level (2) of Disc MB. All the other Disc insert shots in the game simply award points and add to the next spinning disc shot's jackpot value. So if all you're looking to do is complete disc MB, completely ignore all the disc insert shots once you start the MB.
On (2), I believe it's only 3 hits to the recognizer.
One additional add: there is a mystery award that can be earned in SOS that spots you one shot in the current SOS mode. Very handy to use on the GEM level or the LC level if you're struggling with nailing the GEM shot.
Enjoy!

So to complete the DISC mode, you have to enter disc multiball (hitting recognizer enough to drop down the gate, then 7 hits to spinning disc), hit the spinning disc again, then hit the recognizer 3 times? and the lit discs are only for points?

2 weeks later
#38 9 years ago

LIGHTCYCLE - started by 4 lightcycle shots then arcade scoop shot- completed by collecting double super jackpot (left ramp then left inner loop)- completed by 2 super jackpots (left ramp then left inner loop then right ramp)

1) I for the life of me cannot complete this lightcycle mode... I've completed every other mode except this one. With the 2 multiball mode, do the shots have to be made consecutively right away? With 2 pinballs hitting around on the playfield, it seems impossible to hit one shot and immediately another right after. For example, can I hit left ramp, the other ball rolls over a C-L-U rollover or hits a T-R-O-N target and still hit the left inner loop to get the super jackpot? Is it just a matter of hitting these shots in the time allowed?

2) how do you score an extra ball? I did it last night where the scoop lit up EXTRA BALL but I'm not sure what I did to qualify for it.

3) any recommendations on getting the GEM shot more consistently? I get the mode started and always run out of time.

#41 9 years ago
Quoted from u2sean:

Left ramp 10-12 times (configurable in settings) and then hit the scoop. It's also awarded randomly at times (very, very, very seldom)

Ahhhh... that makes sense!
I actually have gotten the EXTRA BALL in the scoop via FLYNN'S ARCADE one time and have actually seen it scroll by several times as one of the possible awards...

#48 9 years ago
Quoted from BloodyCactus:

bank it off the 4 tron standups on the left side. from a dead stop, roll ball down to the top of the flipper and go. with some practice you'll figure exactly where on the tip to bank it off.

I'm not understanding... do you mean bounce the ball of the T-R-O-N targets to which flipper and then try to hit it into the right loop? From what I can tell, the only way to hit the GEM shot is by shooting it off of the left upper flipper but that's rare. I thought multiball modes would help increase the chances of hitting it but I'm so busy watching the lower flippers I don't have time to look at the upper flipper as easily.

#58 9 years ago

Still looking to find exactly what is needed to start Sea Of Simulation....
Tonight I had only 4 of the modes lit and/or blinking (started), not all completed but had been started and then Sea Of Simulation started.
I'm wondering if Sea Of Simulation starts AFTER you've gone through each of the multiball modes as I cannot see any correlation between the number of modes started/completed and the starting of this mode.
I still have not seen the pulsing FLYNN insert indicating this mode was even ready to start...

#62 9 years ago
Quoted from Snailman:

Correct. All mode insert lights must be blinking or solid to qualify SOS at the scoop.

Well, I should have taken a picture because only 4 of the modes were either blinking or solidly lit when I went to Sea of Simulation. So I'm not sure what the deal is... but I specifically looked at the # that were lit to make sure

#64 9 years ago

No all of the bulbs (LEDs) work perfectly.... but no doubt about it, I only had 4 lit the rest weren't even blinking..

#66 9 years ago

I will try getting to SOS without glass on... however I have a problem with LIGHTCYCLE mode...

Tonight I finally removed the glass to see what is going on with my LIGHTCYCLE mode. I lit scoop, started LIGHTCYCLE MULTIBALL. With 2 pinballs out in play, I rolled the one up the left ramp, then through the left inner (Quora) loop and that didn't do anything. No jackpot just told me that I was one step closer to qualifying for Quora multiball. Then I did left ramp, left inner, right ramp... nothing....
So either my machine is not registering or the ruleset is not correct for completing the LIGHTCYCLE mode... any ideas here??? I'm totally stumped and it's pretty bad if with the glass off and all ball drains stopped with towels I still can't complete this mode!
I was able to get a jackpot but according to the rules I have follows I should have lit the LIGHTCYCLE mode easily.

-complete 1 double super jackpot (left ramp then left inner loop then right ramp)
-complete 2 super jackpots (left ramp then left inner loop)

These do not work on my machine no matter how many times I perform them... in fact I can't my display to register double super jackpot using the above rule but I did get a super jackpot not using the above combo....
I'm stumped...

#74 9 years ago

A slightly related question to LIGHTCYCLE mode, I've noticed that the LIGHTCYCLE inserts are lit sometimes either full brightness, half brightness, or are off. What dictates their light output status?
When I start a game, it appears that the left orbit (the farthest left lane) has the LIGHTCYCLE lit at 50%. During LIGHTCYCLE mode, when I was experimenting, I'd roll a ball through the right orbit (farthest right lane) which would turn the insert off but then as soon as I rolled the ball into another lane, the insert would light up again.
Can anyone explain the LIGHTCYCLE insert lighting patterns?

#75 9 years ago
Quoted from taz:

Hmmm, I wonder if you have a bad or finicky switch on the left ramp or Quorra?

I will check when I get home... but I believe Quorra is working as when I hit the Quorra lane during normal game play, it's counting towards Quorra multiball...

#78 9 years ago

Just checked the switches and per diagnostics it's registering... Here is the combo results I get during LIGHTCYCLE mode:

left ramp - nothing
left ramp, left inner (Quorra) - nothing
left ramp, right ramp - JACKPOT
left ramp, right ramp, left inner (Quorra lane) - SUPER JACKPOT
left ramp, left inner (Quorra lane), right ramp - JACKPOT
right orbit - JACKPOT
right ramp - JACKPOT
right orbit, right ramp - SUPER JACKPOT

#80 9 years ago

Ok, I think I might have figured out the issue (though didn't have enough over lunch to delve further).... So I took some pictures while manually triggering the ramp switches. It seems to me that
1) the left ramp exit is triggering as right ramp entrance
2) the right ramp exit is triggering as left lamp exit

I talked to previous owner who mentioned that the original owner who installed the Eli ramp lighting maybe switched these 2 around. Does that sound like a reasonable possibility and if so, is there an easy way to swap the wiring? I haven't had a chance to look under the playfield.

left ramp entrance.jpgleft ramp entrance.jpgleft ramp exit.jpgleft ramp exit.jpgright ramp entrance.jpgright ramp entrance.jpgright ramp exit.jpgright ramp exit.jpg

#82 9 years ago

It's no surprise I've done so horribly at LIGHTCYCLE mode and have never completed it during a game. I've completed every other mode (not all in same game unfortunately!).
I will update later once I've switched connectors hopefully if they easy swap.

#84 9 years ago

The 2 wires were switched for the above switches as they both have a green and white wire and literally look identical. I switched them around and FINALLY lightcycle mode works correctly! Now maybe I can play better!

#86 9 years ago

It was certainly a diagnostic challenge since the switches were actually working. One wouldn't initially think of the switches being reversed especially on a newer machine. Fortunately, the new machines have so much information in the diagnostics menus, it has every switch labeled so it was a matter of seeing the name pop up and it didn't make sense that a ramp would have a right and left designation when it's either the right ramp or left ramp!

1 week later
#89 9 years ago
Quoted from DrMark12PA:

LIGHTCYCLE - started by 4 lightcycle shots then arcade scoop shot
- completed by collecting double super jackpot (left ramp then left inner loop then right ramp)
- completed by 2 super jackpots (left ramp then left inner loop)

In order to complete LIGHTCYCLE, do these shots have to be done immediately following each other? Or just during the LIGHTCYCLE mode?
for example, with 2 pinballs in play, let's say you hit the left ramp, the other ball hits the right spinner, then another hit on right ramp, then you hit the left inner loop, does that count as a super jackpot? Is there some time limit between hitting the combos? I'm confused if you just have to hit the left ramp/left inner loop/right ramp in a certain time frame or in a certain amount of hits without other playfield targets triggered than interrupt the combo...

#91 9 years ago
Quoted from mwong168:

When I was removing the ramps to install Eli's prototype kit I didn't bother marking the "Z" connectors for the switches because I noticed they came with colored factory markings anyways. When I was reinstalling the ramps I decided to go into the switch test to make sure everything was working before I tightened things down and turns out my game was hooked up wrong from day #1.

Were you also having issues with your LIGHTCYCLE mode and registering combos?

#98 9 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

Yes you have a limited time to complete the next shot. That is why they are referred to as combos. You will see during LCMB if you shoot the left ramp the LC insert goes out, then the LC at the quorra shot will light, guiding you to that shot. After about 4-5 seconds, if that shot is not made, then the LC insert on the left ramp re-lights and you have to start over.

Ahhh,,... that makes perfect sense... I was trying to figure out the pattern of lit/unlit inserts when I was originally testing the ramp switches watching some go out when triggered but now that makes sense. When in doubt in pinball, follow the either blinking or lit lights!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
PFX Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Venice, FL
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Trade
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 8.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 350.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

10,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Willington, DE
$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 6.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Huntington Beach, CA
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Disk war combatant Pre-order!
RamMods

$ 99.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 14.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 109.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider DrMark12PA.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tron-pinball-rules-questions?tu=DrMark12PA and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.