TZ_with_EL_wire.png
Tron_-_FH.jpg
t1.jpg
tronpf.jpg
tronpf.jpg
t111.jpg
t11.jpg
t1.jpg
There are 108 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.
#2 12 years ago

Here

tronfull.jpgtronfull.jpg tronpf.jpgtronpf.jpg

#3 12 years ago

I think it looks pretty cool. I hope it plays well.

#4 12 years ago

Visually, it's an improvement over any of the recent Stern titles save for Iron Man maybe. Also looks like gameplay may be a bit more interesting as well, I love games with upper flippers.

#5 12 years ago

I wonder if they are saving more lighting for the LE?

#6 12 years ago

Coasterguy saves the morning already!
Now if they could only get the light beam to look like WW!
THAT would be cool!
I retract my "Pop Tart" statement (for now!) and hope for a smooth flow-y experience!
Data discs crossed...

Man, and I was hoping for a BLUE display standard..!
Can we say "aftermarket"?

#7 12 years ago

Can't go wrong with two Jeff Bridges on the back box. I think if I put that next to my IM, it will combine and form a Big Lebowski pin.

#8 12 years ago

Thanks, coasterguy! That's a very slick looking game! Compared to TRS, it's a quantum leap in the art department. I'm beginning to regret the deal I made with my wife preventing me from buying any more pins this year until WOZ. Looks like I'm either going to have to sell one of my current machines, or send her to the spa for a week.

#9 12 years ago

It is a shame they didn't include Sam's (shipping container) "Lair" and his Ducati where the TRON side target bank is...
At least put FLYNN'S (Arcade) storefront brick arch (with neon sign) above the front of the Disc target bank... Sheesh! Now I have to learn (AND get tooling) up on how to vacuum form plastics!
If you want something done right...
Maybe they will (at least) have "Marv" as an easter egg! MOOOOO...

#10 12 years ago

Are those mini light cycle toys at the back?

#11 12 years ago

Already done gweem!

spa.jpegspa.jpeg

"Ahh this is sooo sweet of you!"
"What's the occasion..?"
I can't just treat someone special out of the blue?
(Eyes start to narrow...)
"WHAT ARE YOU BUYING NOW!?!?!"
"IT BETTER NOT BE ANOTHER PINBALL MACHINE!!"
No, no, I just wanted to give you a "Spa Day", you seemed tired and run down.
"Well O.K... It is a very sweet; nice gesture (walks out of the room...)!"
Helloooo LE Pre-order!!!(starts typing shipping info)
Aaaannd... Scene!

#12 12 years ago

Looks cool I will be pre ordering a LE. Can't wait to play it.

#13 12 years ago

Nice, it looks like multiple ramps are back! Love the artwork too.

#14 12 years ago

Oh and did I mention the Spa has this great view! (For Brokedad!!!)

beachspa.jpegbeachspa.jpeg

#15 12 years ago

Thanks a lot for the pics, I just updated the homepage story! I'm pretty excited about this game.

#16 12 years ago

I spoke with Mike at GAP. He says please contact him soon for a Tron LE order. He wants to get them in as early as possible. He is on the road today and could not post. Thanks!

#17 12 years ago
Quoted from coasterguy:

I spoke with Mike at GAP. He says please contact him soon for a Tron LE order. He wants to get them in as early as possible.

Are you for sure ordering one?

#18 12 years ago

I wonder how that scoop will be implemented. I'm guessing there won't be tunnels under the playfield, but that would be cool if balls were diverted to the scoop that way.

#19 12 years ago

SOOOOO want. What is the ETA?

#20 12 years ago

Nice pics for us .. thanks coasterguy. I'm glad to hear you are feeling and getting better with that health issue. Also thanks NimblePin .. You see I got my "rocks" off on her back

#21 12 years ago

Really cool,want to see the LE version!Looks like a big improvement over TRS!!!!

#22 12 years ago

Okay on the road but worked out some pricing.

Price is $5699.99 for Tron LE .
or
$6250 with the following installed, not including shipping . GAP will pull the game out of the box, install the upgrades and then rebox the game for shipment.
Flipper Fidelity sub kit and speakers.
Flipper Fidelity LED Back Panel
LED's and Flashers through out the entire game
Pincab protectors.

Payment -half now, half 5 days before shipping.

Visit us at www.greatamericanpinball.com

#23 12 years ago

Does anyone know if they used any EL wire at all on the playfield? I sure hope so, if not that is a real cop out by the design dept. The stuff is dirt cheap, cheaper than LED's and runs on the same voltage. I can see some pretty awesome mods in the future if it is not implemented already.

It does look nicer than many recent sterns, hope to see some really good upclose pics.
Howerver if anyone else noticed it is just the reverse playfield design of Spiderman. WOW way to go design team. Give us something new already!

#24 12 years ago

Here it is. I flipped the pis of spiderman to show what I mean,

Just switch the goblin targets to the other side and you have a tron machine. I'm not bashing it, because a Tron machine is a great Idea and will probably be one of Sterns best sellers. But come on, invest some time and money into giving us something we haven't seen before. Or rehashing old ideas.

image-51.jpgimage-51.jpg

#25 12 years ago

all hail spidertron!

#26 12 years ago

Awww... Come on erak, they at least have the ramps a little bit wider!!

#27 12 years ago

It does look like they are recycling many parts more than Ron Jeremy's have been and just adding a new "playfield" ? I agree with erak. But then it will be a machine to have especially being the LE to compete with Jack's new company and WOZ.

#28 12 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Are you for sure ordering one?

YES I am. I have fallen again.

#29 12 years ago

I can't blame you. The game seems like it will be really fun, and I absolutely LOVE the theme. If it wasn't for my wife, I probably already would have called Mike myself.

#30 12 years ago

The playfield is actually modeled after the Tommy Prototype playfield. They moved the kick out hole on the Prototype Tommy from one side of the lower pop bumpers to the right.

Third upper Flipper is in the same place as Tommy and so are the shots from that flipper

They took out the 3 upper red pop bumpers and put in the spinning disc. The Tommy Protoype plays better than the production Tommy. Flow is better. Can't wait to get my Tron LE to put next to my Tommy Prototype

t1.jpgt1.jpg t11.jpgt11.jpg t111.jpgt111.jpg

#32 12 years ago

I just hope they don't throw another powerball in there on the LE version. Unless they can come up with a better way to incorporate it into the game, I think it's just lame.

#33 12 years ago

I think it looks pretty cool. Cant wait to get some plays on it! Thanks for the pics.

#34 12 years ago

Someone over at KLOV posted this. There are definitely some similarities between these two games as well:

Tron_-_FH.jpgTron_-_FH.jpg

#35 12 years ago

Ok, it actually looks even closer to Funhouse. Just replace rudy with the Sandman target from spiderman. Change the ramps posiotion. IF it plays as good as either it will be a awesome pin.

Where is the EL Wire?

#36 12 years ago

I thought I read somewhere the EL wire would be on the LE version. Not sure though. Stern's Facebook says Next week will know more about the LE version.

#37 12 years ago

That ramp reminds me a lot of the ramp on TOTAN and that could be a very good thing. I like the look from what I can see it seems to mix in some old school dynamics with the lay out and adds a new twist.

#38 12 years ago

The game looks like a step in the right direction,I will sure play it when the oppurtunity arises.
What's EL wire?

#39 12 years ago
Quoted from v8torino:

What's EL wire?

It's short for electroluminescent wire:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/El_wire

Check out this dude's STTNG modded out with a ton of it:

As you can see, the technology is perfectly suited for the Tron theme.

#40 12 years ago

And here's a TZ with some cool blue EL wire (photo courtesy of Joey @ Pinball Decals)

TZ_with_EL_wire.pngTZ_with_EL_wire.png

#41 12 years ago

Those Are AMAZING! Gosh I can't wait to hear about the LE! I feel like a kid at Christmas that just needs to come up with cash fast.....

#42 12 years ago
Quoted from coasterguy:

I feel like a kid at Christmas that just needs to come up with cash fast .....

If you're in a real pinch, I'll give you two grand for your ToM!

#43 12 years ago

It would be a major blunder not to include some EL on Tron. It's a lay-up. Or maybe they're purposefully not going to include any so as to appeal such an obvious mod to the collectors out there that love to tinker as much as they love to play.

#44 12 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

If you're in a real pinch, I'll give you two grand for your ToM!

How's about $4800 for an AVATAR LE decked out!

#45 12 years ago
Quoted from erak:

Ok, it actually looks even closer to Funhouse.

I was thinking the same thing erak! As soon as I saw the flipper on the left I was like "Where's the Trapdoor?" I love going into a melee loop on FH- I mean TRON...
I guess I kind of model my Pinball style after Roger Sharpe (With much LESS spastic dancing). If the shot feels good- I keep repeating it! Even if it does not award any points, I will keep firing away...
ADD maybe???

#46 12 years ago

You see I got my "rocks" off on her back

Ahhh, Brokedad! (Welcome Back Pal!!!)
Your words always "touch" everyone so gentle, so softly...

Smoov.jpegSmoov.jpeg

#47 12 years ago
Quoted from guymontag451:

Or maybe they're purposefully not going to include any so as to appeal such an obvious mod to the collectors out there that love to tinker as much as they love to play.

That would be the only reason I could see for them not to include it. I agree with you that it is a no brainer to put plenty of el wire on Tron. I had never seen it before it looks pretty cool and would put the looks of the machine over the top.

#48 12 years ago

TRON is now part of the Pinside archive. Thanks to Sealclubber for reminding me
TRON pinball. I'm just not sure about the title yet and the spelling. Is it TRON : Legacy? Or just TRON? Or is it Tron?

#49 12 years ago

Well (Robin) if it is a GREAT pin- TRON
Good pin- TRN
O.K. pin- Tron
Meh pin- Trn

Easy peasy lemon squeezy!

#50 12 years ago

It is one of their best looking for ages but I am not convinced yet that there will be anything new in the gameplay that has not already been in the last few? Don't get me wrong as would love to play it, but would not buy it. The next 18 months are going to be great......JJ Pins, new Ritchie game as well!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 350.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Huntington Beach, CA
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Venice, FL
$ 14.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Trade
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
PFX Pinball Mods

$ 8.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 99.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 109.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Disk war combatant Pre-order!
RamMods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 6.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

10,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Willington, DE
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

There are 108 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tron-pics and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.