11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_1659.JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Cursed.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 11 years ago

I am going to be getting a NIB Tron Pro early next month and i wanted to ask the long time (and short time) Tron owners about their machines.

Is there anything that you look back on now and think i wish i had done 'insert preventitive term here' to stop 'insert problem/fault here' from happening?

I am going to be getting a plastics protector set and I already have cliffys for the Arcade, ball eject and ramps.

Is there any playfield wear that surprised you? Any cracked plastics or problems? Decal wear around the flipper buttons? Mechanical faults that could have been avoided? Any maintenance that you did/wanted to do?

Thought it can't hurt to ask now as this is my favorite pin and i want to protect it as much as i can.

Any tips or help would be appreciated wether it be your machine or even sited ones (which actually would probably have more signs of heavy use). Thanks

#24 11 years ago

Thanks for all the super helpful replies.

New balls are on the way.
Not sure if i like the flipper protectors or not? I do want to protect that area though.
Ill look into this 'hard as nails' or 'future floor polish' stuff as well - Great tip!
hassanchop do you have a photo of your acrylic protectors? I would like to see that.
Will look into white rubbers as well.
Drano great tip about doing the mods at once, finances will dictate that one though unfortunately.
And i do have a set of the support slides coming, ordered them with my machine. Thanks for the tip.
Great tip on the cleaning rod! Thanks.

superJackpot does the mantis's metal edge line up at the exact same height as the playfield hole? Or is there a tiny gap? If you were to run your finger where the ball rolls into to flynn scoop is it level with the mantis or does your finger drop a little before hitting the mantis?

I looked at both but i want to stop the hole from wearing away which im not sure the mantis will do?

Thanks for all the posts, please keep them coming.

#29 11 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

to round out my anal retentive protection package.

I don't care if its anal retentive, It was super helpful! Thanks for the great informative posts.
Never would have thought to stick something to the entrance of my outhole, or under the ramp flaps either.

Thanks for the photo superJackpot. I will stick with the cliffy i have after seeing that. I certainly see what you are saying though that it will change the gameplay a little and i am willing to take that as a trade off.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Venice, FL
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Disk war combatant Pre-order!
RamMods

$ 109.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 99.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 14.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 6.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

10,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Willington, DE
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Trade
$ 350.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Reno, NV
$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 8.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
PFX Pinball Mods

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Cursed.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tron-owners-help-a-soon-to-be-tron-owner?tu=Cursed and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.