Topic Stats

• 13 posts
  • 8 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by Hammerhead
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 8 years ago

Has anyone else had an issue where the right lane orbit post will go up when you plunge the ball (as it should) but then won't go down. Eventually the ball will get trapped behind the post if you shoot the left lane.

In test mode the post will go up but won't go down.

#2 8 years ago

Check the spring under the playfield that forces the post back down after the coil shuts off

#3 8 years ago

Just disable it, Ive never played a TRON that has it enabled.

It is a complete waste of a mech.

#4 8 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Its currently disabled and now people are complaining that they can't hit Jem off the plunge anymore

#5 8 years ago
Quoted from Hammerhead:

Its currently disabled and now people are complaining that they can't hit Jem off the plunge anymore

Lol! Wtf? I despise those pop up posts. An unneeded hole in the PF.

#6 8 years ago
Quoted from Hammerhead:

If they are skilled enough o hit Gem off the plunge they should be skilled enough to hit it with the upper left flipper or a bounce off the Tron targets. Just saying

I find the only real advantage to the up post is if you are trying to get light cycle 2 and having a hard time hitting the shot through the pops. Off a plunge it will award that shot if you let the ball get stopped by the post.

But, to fix the problem. You most likely have something interfering with the coil as even with a bad spring I would think it would still go down with the weight of the post and the shaking of the machine. Have you checked to make sure the coil isn't locking on?

#7 8 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Years later I am still surprised the first game on a location Tron and I plunge around and that pops up. My brain just screams that I'm at a location and why are you not holding the left flipper!!!

I agree, the post is a complete waste.

#8 8 years ago

Had a similer issue with a Champion Pub. Turn out to be a number of problems. The mech was out of allignment and rubbing in the hole The spring was collapsed and needed to be replaced. And the post was magnetized somehow.

#9 8 years ago
Quoted from 3rdaxis:

Had a similer issue with a Champion Pub. Turn out to be a number of problems. The mech was out of allignment and rubbing in the hole The spring was collapsed and needed to be replaced. And the post was magnetized somehow.

I found something similar on my Tron. When you have the playfield raised, move the plunger up and down to feel the friction. As you gently bend the bracket up and down, you will feel the rubber rubbing against the playfield at extreme bends. Through a bit of trial and error, I determined that I needed to bend the bracket slightly downward. I suppose you can also take out the bracket and put a really good right angle on it.

It wouldn't hurt to clean it while you have the parts apart, but it seems the rubber rubbing due to misalignment is a far bigger impact on sticking.

I couldn't figure out how to replace the rubber, but I imagine something less tacky such as Super Posts might help.

#10 8 years ago

I tried it out again last night and the problem seems to have gone away on its own

#11 8 years ago

Then you sir, have found the proper order and combination of curse words to fix a problem. Hope you wrote it down

#12 8 years ago

Take the mech apart and clean it. POTC ship post and WOF scoop exit post also do this frequently. Also as someone else mentioned, the plunger shaft can become magnetized.

#13 8 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

Take the mach apart and clean it. POTC ship post and WOF scoop exit post also do this frequently. Also as someone else mentioned, the plunger shaft can become magnetized.

Good idea - don't need this problem to "magically" come back

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
10,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Willington, DE
$ 109.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
PFX Pinball Mods

$ 6.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 8.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

Trade
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 14.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 79.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Arcade Upkeep

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Venice, FL
$ 350.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Disk war combatant Pre-order!
RamMods

$ 99.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tron-orbit-post-goes-up-wont-go-down and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.