Topic Stats

• 34 posts
  • 22 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by Bay78
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 11 years ago

O.k guys here we go. I've got a Tron which is awesome. I decided I was going to get a shaker motor for it so I ordered one on my last Cointaker order (not here yet). Then I bought an Iron Man. So that got me thinking.... I'll put it in the game people say has better use of the shaker motor. Let me know your thoughts for people who have tried both games with a shaker.

#2 11 years ago

I'd try it on your bed first...could spice things up a little.

#3 11 years ago

It's equally awesome in both machines. Shaker and sub for each greatly enhances enjoyment.

#4 11 years ago

Alright, I might have to just try it out in both. Or put it in Tron and then order it for Iron Man when I have an extra $200 lying around.

#5 11 years ago

IMO the shaker integration is MUCH better designed on the Ironman. The start of monger, whiplash, and the ironman mode machine gun just ROCK with the shaker motor. The shaker on Tron is *good*, but doesn't integrate as well as IM.

The Subs are almost MUST HAVE on both machines. What a difference.

-Wes

#6 11 years ago

But with a sub added to tron, the shaker and sub blend so well together that they feel as if they were made together. It's really a toss up.

#7 11 years ago
Quoted from Bay78:

Alright, I might have to just try it out in both. Or put it in Tron and then order it for Iron Man when I have an extra $200 lying around.

I can solve your problem for you
When you get it you can install it in my BDK

#8 11 years ago

I'd put it on IM.

#9 11 years ago
Quoted from copperpot:

I agree

http://www.amazon.com/Polk-Audio-10-Inch-Monitor-Subwoofer/dp/B0002KVQBA/ref=sr_1_4 for $100 shipped and installed on TRON = AWESOME

#10 11 years ago

I have both machines with shakers, and while I like them in both machines, the integration in IM much better. So much that I would say that the shaker integration in IM is better than any other machine I've played with one.

#11 11 years ago

Neither. Put it in your RBION!

#12 11 years ago

LOL, I couldn't put it in my Ripley's even if I wanted to!

#13 11 years ago
Quoted from copperpot:

IMO the shaker integration is MUCH better designed on the Ironman. The start of monger, whiplash, and the ironman mode machine gun just ROCK with the shaker motor. The shaker on Tron is *good*, but doesn't integrate as well as IM.
-Wes

Ditto.

#14 11 years ago

Definitely IM, awesome effects and +1 for a sub kit = the way it should have been

#15 11 years ago

I liked it more in IM.

#16 11 years ago

Looks like its settled then. IM gets the shaker!

#17 11 years ago

Maybe just me, but I added a shaker to my LOTR and wasn't all that thrilled with it. So, I haven't added one to Tron. Back when I had IJ4 (for a week), I did like it on that game. To each his own I guess.

#18 11 years ago
Quoted from Shadow:

Maybe just me, but I added a shaker to my LOTR and wasn't all that thrilled with it. So, I haven't added one to Tron. Back when I had IJ4 (for a week), I did like it on that game. To each his own I guess.

Not sure about LOTR. But I think a shaker in TRON is worth it

#19 11 years ago
Quoted from Khabbi:

So much that I would say that the shaker integration in IM is better than any other machine I've played with one.

It's a little hit or miss with me. Sometimes, the shaker is awesome, and other times it feels like it should be doing something but isn't. Having said that, really, it isn't much different than any other machine with a shaker... but I'd put one in it again if I had it to do over.

I think JP integrates the shaker the best thanks to the theme, followed by either ES or WWFRR, and then maybe I'd go IM next.

#20 11 years ago

I have not played a TRON with a shaker installed but my Ironman has one and imo it fits the game and theme perfectly.
I love the way it interacts with the gameplay and I have it set to max.

#21 11 years ago

I love the shaker in my IM, but I wish it wasn't on for so long at the start of multiball. I prefer the short bursts, like when you hit a drone or the Monger.

#22 11 years ago

Love the IM shaker during fast scoring.

#23 11 years ago

I've haven't played either machine with a shaker, but I don't think you can lose either way. Shakers are awesome. I plan to add one to my Tron when I have the funds.

#24 11 years ago

Thats what my plan was aswell. I bought it for my Tron. Then the Iron Man came along and A LOT of people are telling me a shaker is nice in both games. But in Iron Man there is much more shaker integration and it kind of suits the game better too people are saying. That being said I will still more then likely put one in Tron aswell, it will just have to wait a little while.

1 week later
#25 11 years ago

where can you get a sub and a shaker motor for tron?

#26 11 years ago
Quoted from trebau:

where can you get a sub and a shaker motor for tron?

Decoratorsupply (google pinball pro sub) or flipper fidelity for the subs

Shakers are standard stern shakers sold at cointaker or pinballlife.

The sub really shakes in tron. With the shaker it integrates so well it's hard to know which low vibrations are sub vs shaker. It's a great experience enhancement to have both.

#27 11 years ago
Quoted from Bay78:

Get another shaker for sure....great in both games...i have IM and when i put it in there i was blown away....

the code supports it wonderfully....a total game changer in IMO....

put it in IM first and then Tron.......

#28 11 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

I love the shaker in my IM, but I wish it wasn't on for so long at the start of multiball. I prefer the short bursts, like when you hit a drone or the Monger.

What level of intensity do you have your settings at?

that make a difference in duration....

give that a shot

#29 11 years ago

If you were looking for an Ext Powered and you watch amazon.com you can get a 10" for $100.00 shipped.

http://www.amazon.com/Polk-Audio-10-Inch-Monitor-Subwoofer/dp/B0002KVQBA/ref=sr_1_1

#30 11 years ago

During what modes does the shaker kick in for Tron?

#31 11 years ago

good question, would like to know this, too

#32 11 years ago

Tron's shaker integration is good, but not overused. It comes up pretty infrequently early on
when you are playing but as you progress further into the game it is more evident.

I've only played an Iron Man with a shaker very briefly and the shaker seems to be used a lot more
in that game.

I had the same dilemma when I got my shaker, I had a hard time deciding whether to put it in
Spiderman or Tron. I got lazy when I realized that my Tron was already t-nutted for the shaker
and Spiderman was not. I put it in Tron and have been happy with it.

#33 11 years ago

Bump. Does the shaker kick in on any single ramp shots?

Multiball?

#34 11 years ago

I'll get back to you on that. I'm pretty sure it doesn't kick in with ramp shots. But it does with Multiball. I noticed my Tron has already been readied for a shaker, however does anyone know if that is factory or the person I bought it from got it ready?Reason I ask is they did a terrible job with the t-nuts, actually cracking the wood slightly seen from the top with the playfield up in the air.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Trade
10,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Willington, DE
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Dixon, CA
$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 99.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 40.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 6.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 8.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 12.50
Playfield - Decals
Flashinstinct

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
PFX Pinball Mods

$ 58.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 109.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Venice, FL
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Disk war combatant Pre-order!
RamMods

$ 24.95
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 87.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tron-or-iron-man-for-shaker-motor and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.