IMG_2621.JPG
IMG_4551.JPG
tron-flipper-tops.jpg
bb-tron-pin-mods-1.jpg
tron-pin-lightCycles-preInstall.jpg
IMG_2747.JPG
michaelscott.jpg
20131215_194307.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Geremy13.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 10 years ago

TRON.. Must Have's.........

Wanting to know others recommendations, I have a Tron Pro. Have done the "Arcade" mod (cool, but expensive), have the Topper (nice) , have the headphone jack mounted in the front. (cool)...

Would like to know others 'MUST HAVE'S'....... have looked into the ramp lights,,, but,,, Big Job,, and lots of money...

Have seen some of the games with the money cards that are lit up... look nice.. Would like to get them maybe.

Have seen the Hallmark LightCycles but can't seem to find them.......

JUST WOULD LIKE TO JAZZ UP OUR TRON......... We have an AC/DC (GREAT GAME)... and have modded it out.... and made it look really cool and customized it to ourselves.... (made it unique to our taste)...

But we really haven't done much with the TRON.

Lastly, Before I even started this post I must say that I am so happy that this place exists,,, and that the people are so helpful and that more people participate on the forum than any other group that I gather my information from. Also, that everybody has been really helpful and rarely do I ever see any dis-agreement that results in nasty discussion. This is really a fine place to hangout after work for me......

#20 10 years ago
Quoted from retired_user_101:

if you don't have it, get the tron-girls translite.

Got it!... Good suggestion!

#21 10 years ago
Quoted from jayhawkai:

Scoop/ramp/shooter lane protectors. Maybe plastic and flipper button protectors. Upgrade the cab speaker.
Everything else depends on your taste and budget.

Thank you for your suggestions.... others have mentioned protecting the game as well... I am just not familiar with Scoop, ramp and shooter lane protectors.... are these the Cliffy's things that are mentioned?

Still new... like the Bling, but also want the stuff that will keep it maintained.

Thanks

#22 10 years ago
Quoted from Millz:

Cliffy's, LED's, light cycles, Eli Curtz/pinbits kit, and arcade cabinet are the must have IMO.

I do have the LED's and the arcade cabinet... the Eli Curtz/ pinbits is a toss up for me (as money is tight),,, but if it's a MUST HAVE... then maybe I should as the wife would love it.

The light cycles I think would be cool but don't know where to get them,,, and the Cliffy's I'm just starting to research.

Thank you....... this is what I'm talking about MUST HAVE'S... the things that are going to make coming home from work more enjoyable and the reason that I go to work...

#23 10 years ago
Quoted from DrStarkweather:

The Eli ramp kit is a must have. Lots of money, but more value per dollar than any other mod.

Very good, I am seeing that folks really like this expensive mod.... but value per dollar means a lot to me.

#24 10 years ago
Quoted from Shredso:

I would concentrate on protecting the game and your investment first, then moving on to things that improve the game, and aesthetics last.

Fantastic!.. I appreciate the advice. I do have drink holders for everyone of our pinball machines that I made myself. 2 on each side. Also, curious about the 'Clear Discs' that you spoke of.... as for the shaker... I had 'em on our machines and the floor was shaking too much. Liked it... but need to keep the house standing for a couple more years. It's funny, the house I live in was built in 1991 and the floor is crap. I've bought houses from 1910 that are built WAY stronger than this. I suppose workmanship was a little different for grandpa.

#25 10 years ago
Quoted from marcos:

The game plays 100% and is clean, right?
Maybe some quarters if it's not on free play, or for the true arcade experience?
Just play pinball, peeps.
-Mark

Very good!... Actually it is on free play currently. But when all of our friends came over to 'beat the crap' out of it I mentioned to my wife that they should at least put a quarter in it, since we will have to maintain it.

Then I purchased a 'Fine Dollar Bill Changer' that you might find in an arcade..... and I made sure that it takes TWENTY'S....

#26 10 years ago
Quoted from MnHotRod:

Welcome to the Tron club. I love it more than lamp.

Thank you, am proud to be welcomed to the Tron club as well as this forum. It is the most relaxation that I can get after a crazy day at work. Appreciate Everyone on the Forum.

So,,, I guess light cycles should be my next purchase for bling and protectors for maintenance and Eli's ramp lights when the money is right (after the wife blows a couple months of paychecks on Christmas)....

No haters.... love my wife. Just dealing with money issues right now... want to retire someday.. (Hell No, not someday..... I already have my date picked out. But that date is getting more challenging!)

Anyways, Appreciate Everyone's Response.........

A little awkward responding to my own post so many times..... but wanted to make sure I responded to everyone in the short time that I have to read these..........

Have a Great Evening!

#29 10 years ago
Quoted from Buckman:

One of the things I bought is the full set of Cliffy's for the machine, I think they are a great thing to do (had the whole kit installed on my old Tron as well):

Thank you Buckman,

Excellent description of how it's done...... I may have to SERIOUSLY consider this now.

thanks

#30 10 years ago
Quoted from retired_user_101:

light cycles

plastics & sticker pattern

flipper tops, blue led's on right, & black super rubbers on flippers

tron-pin-lightCycles-preInstall.... 60 KB

bb-tron-pin-mods-1.jpg 278 KB

tron-flipper-tops.jpg 160 KB

Brettbutler,....... THANK YOU!....

I've been needing to see this, and you're pics' show everything I needed to see to UP my Tron to something that the wife will enjoy,

Thanks.

#31 10 years ago
Quoted from Buckman:

There are a couple Pinsiders who will put together the whole thing for you, which is perfect if building wiring harnesses is not your thing. If you want to just pick up the light cycles search for "Tron Hallmark" on Ebay and you'll see both the Tron (blue) and Clu (yellow) cycles come up. If you do buy them yourself you'll then have to do some soldering and build a wiring harness for them (you can then hook them up at the front right of the machine by the coin door, but you should also get a splitter as that would come in handy to hook up all your mods.

Buckman, OK.... I think that you're video is cool... when I read it you mentioned that it was a video of Light Cycle Multi-Ball... but on mine,, when I hit it I only get 2 balls... do you think that this was actually Rinsler?,,, Also, I will checkout the Hallmark Light Cycles as I don't mind wiring up myself as I've done everything else thus far...

Hell, that's half the fun.

Will go see if I can find them now,

Thanks.

#32 10 years ago

Alright,

So I have the Clu one on it's way. WOW, pricing is quite different and be careful when buying. I purchased at $16 but saw the same for $59!!... and couldn't find the Blue for under $40....

Thanks everyone...... will get out the soldering gun in a few days.

#35 10 years ago
Quoted from Buckman:

Good to hear you bought some cycles, they look very cool. Here's a few tips on installing them (I've done it a few times now, getting pretty good at it). These are just things I've found worked for me, doesn't mean this is the only way to hook these things up:

FANTASTIC!,

I would not have known this...... have no problem using a little 'smarts' to accomplish things... but seeing how others have done it make a BIG difference in finished product and I very much appreciate it.

Waiting for the lightcycle currently........

Thanks again!

#39 10 years ago

OK..... Well I took the plunge........

I've got the Eli ramps on there way...... It will be such a nice gift for the wife for Christmas....... BUT,,, set me back a few dollars.........

So I had to go down to the local 'Check into Cash' and they were so nice to cash my check that is going to bounce if they don't hold it for a few days..... cool.

BUT... what's this 48% thing?

Oh well, I suppose I will have this cool Tron mod for the wife that she will enjoy.

So, .... Thanks for everybody's help.

Ready for the next mod...........

(and for those that read to the bottom of this post.... just joking about the cashing a check in.... I'm Rich and proud of it....work damn hard for it..... I make almost $1000/ mo... which is like a million in Indonesia...)

Geremy

1 month later
#45 10 years ago
Quoted from pinheadpuckguy:

Custom painted Tron speaker panel.

Tron custom panel.jpg 67 KB

Now THAT looks really nice. I purchased a custom one for our ACDC but have not seen it available for the TRON... where do I get this?

2 weeks later
#50 10 years ago

WOW, Now this is a great thread. I'm reading my own post and getting great idea's from everybody. Haven't read it in a couple weeks but love reading all of the idea's and recommendations.

UPDATE: So the wife took me to the Louisville Expo this weekend. FANTASTIC!... Was a blast. She also purchased for our Tron the 'Side Mirrors' from pinballsidemirrors.com..... (Actually she purchased them from Buddy, a nice fellow at the Expo.),..... she also purchase for us a Flynn Sign.

Having seen a lot of fine mod's I now want a few more things to finish this off (until the next thing),....

I am looking for the 'Blue Pop-Bumper' mod that looks so cool!...... and the wife really loves!

AND,,, the Recognizer mod.... the light up part of the recognizer...... and the stickers that go on the top, bottom, and switches......

If anyone knows where to get these it would be greatly appreciated.

#54 10 years ago
Quoted from Shoot_Again:

I am not a huge mod guy but on this title I think all things are must haves.
This machine just oozes cool like no other when it is pimped out IMHO.

I will have to agree with you. I am very satisfied with purchasing the Tron Pro.... To me it is very much like my bike. I bought it stock.... then added things here and there when I could. No one has ever touched it but me.

Now Tron is the same way. Every mod has been added by myself, learning all along the way. It is a $4,000 machine that I've invested $14,000 into (Obviously Exagerated)... but it will never be for sale.

Still looking for the blue pop-bumper mod that I saw at the Expo.... and the Recognizer mod. I am sure someone will chime in with advice on where to purchase them.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 99.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Trade
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Reno, NV
$ 350.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Disk war combatant Pre-order!
RamMods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
PFX Pinball Mods

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 109.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 6.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

10,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Willington, DE
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Venice, FL
$ 14.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 8.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Geremy13.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tron-must-haves?tu=Geremy13 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.